Satoshi Tomiie Remix of Higher Than A Skyscraper

  • braderik01
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2004
      http://www.satoshitomiie.com/sthp2001_eng/midle/news/2004_0405_saw11-
      1.html

      or here. . .

      Hybrid is a unit from UK who's signature work is live strings and
      electronic breakbeat mixed in higher level.
      They are known for many hit titles both original and remix such
      as "Finished Symphony". Also, their originals are remixed by
      prominent artists like Way Out West, Brothers In Rhythm, John
      Creamer & Stephane K and they are all awesome .

      Satoshi Tomiie's latest studio work is the remix of Hybrid!!
      The original version features the string section recorded in
      St.Petersburg which makes the track very HYBRID. Satoshi himself
      really loved it, and was raring to go in the studio..

      Satoshi himself has done live strings in his own album "Full Lick"
      before so he knows how to handle it.
      Out of all its rhythm part is so impressive. With strong kicks that
      never get too much but balancing electronic sound effects in the air
      grounded - almost makes you feel like listening to a piece of
      classical music. Once kicks disappear the track comes to its peak
      with beautiful strings....certainly makes everyone on the floor
      stand in awe.

      I've been listening to a lot of works by HYBRID whether original or
      remix, but I've never heard 4/4 interpretation of HYBRID as good as
      this without losing their magnificent, what I call, "orchestral
      breaks" feel.

      And Hybrid guys are also very happy with the finished remix of
      Satoshi as it turns out.
      (Hybrid's quote below) This remix that both original producer and
      remixer don't hesitate to say that they love it so much should be
      out in middle of this year. Don't miss it.

      Here is a quote from Hybrid:
      "Satoshi has yet again produced a mix of unparrelleled quality,
      taking the key elements of our track and sharpening the production
      to make a devastating 4/4 mix. A cross between a core of solid house
      and a mutant disco flourish, with an added touch of New Order's bass
      hero, Peter Hook.As you can tell, we're rather excited by this mix!"

      www.hybridsoundsystem.com

      Text by You Yabe
      Translation by Ryota Tanabe/Eriko Hase