RE: [Hybrid] Joyrider - AWESOME

  • Drew Ressler
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
      Lotus Challenge came with a Distinctive Records CD? Never heard of that...any more details on it? Like what versions it came with,
      if they were specially labeled, etc..?

      --Rukes

    • Neil Turner
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
        Hi,

        You might be right - although it's listed on Hybrid-Group.com as a remix
        too. Does anyone out there know for certain? ;)

        - Neil

        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 5, 2004
          Nope..

          There was never a "hybrid remix" of Maurice - Feline

          It was co-produced by Mike with a remix on the B-Side..

          I believe A.) Original B.) Trancesetters Union Remix

          But that's off the top of my head..

          But no Hybrid Remix that Ive ever heard of

          Rick

          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 5, 2004
            Hi,

            Way Out West - Intensify (7:30)
            Way Out West - UB Devoid (6:57)
            Commie & Christian J - Tupelo (5:15)
            Commie & Christian J - Comin' Alive (4:54)
            Hybrid - Finished Symphony (5:53)
            Hybrid feat. Julee Cruise - If I Survive (9:40)
            Maurice - Feline (9:12)
            Nat Monday - Waiting (7:55)
            Prophets of Sound - Tide of Dreams (6:53)
            Chris Coco - All of my Beautiful Friends (5:53)

            That's the track listing that good old Media Player 9 found, seems about
            right. Both the WOW and Hybrid tracks are unmixed album versions.

            I'm still pretty sure that the Maurice - Feline track was listed as a Hybrid
            Remix but I might be wrong. The PS2 game came with the 'Bonus CD' in a
            cardboard pack (much like the Wider Angle packaging) which didn't last -
            and I think the track listing was on that. The CD is pictured below. It just
            came in a plain old CD single case, there was no insert...

            http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg

            As my phone isn't the best camera in the world, and in case you're
            wondering, the CD says...

            Distinctive breaks and ink records present
            PAST PRESENT FUTURE

            (p) 2001 distinctive breaks / ink records (c) 2001 distinctive breaks / ink
            records. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work
            reserved. Unauthorised copying, lending, hiring, public performance,
            diffusion and broadcasting of this work prohibited. not for resale.
            available exclusively as part of the lotus challenge limited edition box set

            www.distinctiverecords.com www.inkrecords.com

            (distinctive records logo) (ink records logo) (cd logo)

            Well there you go! I assume it's rare then? :-D

            - Neil
          • Neil Turner
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 6, 2004
              Hi,

              Okay - I'll update my little collection so ;)

              - Neil

              You might be right - although it's listed on Hybrid-Group.com as a remix
              too. Does anyone out there know for certain? ;)

              - Neil

              Maurice - Feline [Hybrid Remix]? Didn't think there was a Hybrid remix of
              Feline.. We know that Mike co-produced it with Maurice (forgotten his
              surname).

              Hybrid News, Gig Dates and much more...
              http://www.hybrid-group.com

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • RICHARD LUND
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 6, 2004
                Strange that those Way Out West tunes would be on that cd when they had nothing to do with the game..

                I guess it was just a way for Distinctive to try to push the other artists on the label also...very nice...

                If the Maurice - Feline was listed as a Hybrid Mix then it would be an exclusive to that cd ...because its not on the vinyl...

                Extremely rare find there Neil... you've made me extremely jealous...

                Nice..

                Rick

                http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg<http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg>

                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 8, 2004
                  Hi,

                  Thanks. If I ever find a spare copy of the game / bonus CD, I'll let you
                  know. I'm sure it doesn't have the same value to a non-Hybrid fan! ;)

                  Also, I mentioned previously that the version of Finished Symphony on the
                  Bonus CD was the album version, but it's not. It's 5:53 in length - does
                  that version have name? like 'extended radio edit', any idea?

                  - Neil

                  >Strange that those Way Out West tunes would be on that cd when they had
                  >nothing to do with the game..
                  >
                  >I guess it was just a way for Distinctive to try to push the other artists
                  >on the label also...very nice...
                  >
                  >If the Maurice - Feline was listed as a Hybrid Mix then it would be an
                  >exclusive to that cd ...because its not on the vinyl...
                  >
                  >Extremely rare find there Neil... you've made me extremely jealous...
                  >
                  >Nice..
                  >
                  >Rick
                • Phil Stewart
                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 9, 2004
                    On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Neil Turner wrote:
                    > Also, I mentioned previously that the version of Finished Symphony on
                    > the Bonus CD was the album version, but it's not. It's 5:53 in length -
                    > does that version have name? like 'extended radio edit', any idea?

                    Close - it's called "Hybrid's Extended Edit", as per side A of 3rd promo
                    vinyl (DP52/3). Essentially, just an edit of the album version. The
                    flipside of promo 3 is "Hybrid's Echoplex Remix Extended Edit", in similar
                    vein. Personally, I much prefer promo 2 (DP52/2), which has the
                    full-length Echoplex Mix :-)

                    --
                    From Phil
                    Note to self: Must buy promo 1 at some point
                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 10, 2004
                      It's probably the same edit that was on the Plastic compilation (#5?) I didn't notice it was an edit either the first time I heard it. Although I should have known cos that series takes a whole bunch of good tracks and then neuters them up into tiny three-minute edits. Lame.

                      G3K