Re: [Hybrid] Joyrider - AWESOME

  • RICHARD LUND
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
      A cd came with some of these games??..

      Interesting...anyone have this cd with a full tracklisting??..

      Rick
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
        Lotus Challenge came with a Distinctive Records CD? Never heard of that...any more details on it? Like what versions it came with,
        if they were specially labeled, etc..?

        --Rukes

      • Neil Turner
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
          Hi,

          You might be right - although it's listed on Hybrid-Group.com as a remix
          too. Does anyone out there know for certain? ;)

          - Neil

          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 5, 2004
            Nope..

            There was never a "hybrid remix" of Maurice - Feline

            It was co-produced by Mike with a remix on the B-Side..

            I believe A.) Original B.) Trancesetters Union Remix

            But that's off the top of my head..

            But no Hybrid Remix that Ive ever heard of

            Rick

            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 5, 2004
              Hi,

              Way Out West - Intensify (7:30)
              Way Out West - UB Devoid (6:57)
              Commie & Christian J - Tupelo (5:15)
              Commie & Christian J - Comin' Alive (4:54)
              Hybrid - Finished Symphony (5:53)
              Hybrid feat. Julee Cruise - If I Survive (9:40)
              Maurice - Feline (9:12)
              Nat Monday - Waiting (7:55)
              Prophets of Sound - Tide of Dreams (6:53)
              Chris Coco - All of my Beautiful Friends (5:53)

              That's the track listing that good old Media Player 9 found, seems about
              right. Both the WOW and Hybrid tracks are unmixed album versions.

              I'm still pretty sure that the Maurice - Feline track was listed as a Hybrid
              Remix but I might be wrong. The PS2 game came with the 'Bonus CD' in a
              cardboard pack (much like the Wider Angle packaging) which didn't last -
              and I think the track listing was on that. The CD is pictured below. It just
              came in a plain old CD single case, there was no insert...

              http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg

              As my phone isn't the best camera in the world, and in case you're
              wondering, the CD says...

              Distinctive breaks and ink records present
              PAST PRESENT FUTURE

              (p) 2001 distinctive breaks / ink records (c) 2001 distinctive breaks / ink
              records. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work
              reserved. Unauthorised copying, lending, hiring, public performance,
              diffusion and broadcasting of this work prohibited. not for resale.
              available exclusively as part of the lotus challenge limited edition box set

              www.distinctiverecords.com www.inkrecords.com

              (distinctive records logo) (ink records logo) (cd logo)

              Well there you go! I assume it's rare then? :-D

              - Neil
            • Neil Turner
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 6, 2004
                Hi,

                Okay - I'll update my little collection so ;)

                - Neil

                You might be right - although it's listed on Hybrid-Group.com as a remix
                too. Does anyone out there know for certain? ;)

                - Neil

                Maurice - Feline [Hybrid Remix]? Didn't think there was a Hybrid remix of
                Feline.. We know that Mike co-produced it with Maurice (forgotten his
                surname).

                Hybrid News, Gig Dates and much more...
                http://www.hybrid-group.com

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • RICHARD LUND
                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 6, 2004
                  Strange that those Way Out West tunes would be on that cd when they had nothing to do with the game..

                  I guess it was just a way for Distinctive to try to push the other artists on the label also...very nice...

                  If the Maurice - Feline was listed as a Hybrid Mix then it would be an exclusive to that cd ...because its not on the vinyl...

                  Extremely rare find there Neil... you've made me extremely jealous...

                  Nice..

                  Rick

                  http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg<http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg>

                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 8, 2004
                    Hi,

                    Thanks. If I ever find a spare copy of the game / bonus CD, I'll let you
                    know. I'm sure it doesn't have the same value to a non-Hybrid fan! ;)

                    Also, I mentioned previously that the version of Finished Symphony on the
                    Bonus CD was the album version, but it's not. It's 5:53 in length - does
                    that version have name? like 'extended radio edit', any idea?

                    - Neil

                    >Strange that those Way Out West tunes would be on that cd when they had
                    >nothing to do with the game..
                    >
                    >I guess it was just a way for Distinctive to try to push the other artists
                    >on the label also...very nice...
                    >
                    >If the Maurice - Feline was listed as a Hybrid Mix then it would be an
                    >exclusive to that cd ...because its not on the vinyl...
                    >
                    >Extremely rare find there Neil... you've made me extremely jealous...
                    >
                    >Nice..
                    >
                    >Rick
                  • Phil Stewart
                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 9, 2004
                      On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Neil Turner wrote:
                      > Also, I mentioned previously that the version of Finished Symphony on
                      > the Bonus CD was the album version, but it's not. It's 5:53 in length -
                      > does that version have name? like 'extended radio edit', any idea?

                      Close - it's called "Hybrid's Extended Edit", as per side A of 3rd promo
                      vinyl (DP52/3). Essentially, just an edit of the album version. The
                      flipside of promo 3 is "Hybrid's Echoplex Remix Extended Edit", in similar
                      vein. Personally, I much prefer promo 2 (DP52/2), which has the
                      full-length Echoplex Mix :-)

                      --
                      From Phil
                      Note to self: Must buy promo 1 at some point
                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 10, 2004
                        It's probably the same edit that was on the Plastic compilation (#5?) I didn't notice it was an edit either the first time I heard it. Although I should have known cos that series takes a whole bunch of good tracks and then neuters them up into tiny three-minute edits. Lame.

                        G3K