Re: [Hybrid] Joyrider - AWESOME

  • Antti Mutta
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
      People who are trying desperately to hear this (AWESOME) tune - email me and
      I'll give you some hints and tips how to get a good old listen to :) My
      email address is antti.mutta@...

      -antti
    • RICHARD LUND
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
        A cd came with some of these games??..

        Interesting...anyone have this cd with a full tracklisting??..

        Rick
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
          Lotus Challenge came with a Distinctive Records CD? Never heard of that...any more details on it? Like what versions it came with,
          if they were specially labeled, etc..?

          --Rukes

        • Neil Turner
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
            Hi,

            You might be right - although it's listed on Hybrid-Group.com as a remix
            too. Does anyone out there know for certain? ;)

            - Neil

            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 5, 2004
              Nope..

              There was never a "hybrid remix" of Maurice - Feline

              It was co-produced by Mike with a remix on the B-Side..

              I believe A.) Original B.) Trancesetters Union Remix

              But that's off the top of my head..

              But no Hybrid Remix that Ive ever heard of

              Rick

              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 5, 2004
                Hi,

                Way Out West - Intensify (7:30)
                Way Out West - UB Devoid (6:57)
                Commie & Christian J - Tupelo (5:15)
                Commie & Christian J - Comin' Alive (4:54)
                Hybrid - Finished Symphony (5:53)
                Hybrid feat. Julee Cruise - If I Survive (9:40)
                Maurice - Feline (9:12)
                Nat Monday - Waiting (7:55)
                Prophets of Sound - Tide of Dreams (6:53)
                Chris Coco - All of my Beautiful Friends (5:53)

                That's the track listing that good old Media Player 9 found, seems about
                right. Both the WOW and Hybrid tracks are unmixed album versions.

                I'm still pretty sure that the Maurice - Feline track was listed as a Hybrid
                Remix but I might be wrong. The PS2 game came with the 'Bonus CD' in a
                cardboard pack (much like the Wider Angle packaging) which didn't last -
                and I think the track listing was on that. The CD is pictured below. It just
                came in a plain old CD single case, there was no insert...

                http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg

                As my phone isn't the best camera in the world, and in case you're
                wondering, the CD says...

                Distinctive breaks and ink records present
                PAST PRESENT FUTURE

                (p) 2001 distinctive breaks / ink records (c) 2001 distinctive breaks / ink
                records. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work
                reserved. Unauthorised copying, lending, hiring, public performance,
                diffusion and broadcasting of this work prohibited. not for resale.
                available exclusively as part of the lotus challenge limited edition box set

                www.distinctiverecords.com www.inkrecords.com

                (distinctive records logo) (ink records logo) (cd logo)

                Well there you go! I assume it's rare then? :-D

                - Neil
              • Neil Turner
                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 6, 2004
                  Hi,

                  Okay - I'll update my little collection so ;)

                  - Neil

                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 6, 2004
                    Strange that those Way Out West tunes would be on that cd when they had nothing to do with the game..

                    I guess it was just a way for Distinctive to try to push the other artists on the label also...very nice...

                    If the Maurice - Feline was listed as a Hybrid Mix then it would be an exclusive to that cd ...because its not on the vinyl...

                    Extremely rare find there Neil... you've made me extremely jealous...

                    Nice..

                    Rick

                    http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg<http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg>

                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 8, 2004
                      Hi,

                      Thanks. If I ever find a spare copy of the game / bonus CD, I'll let you
                      know. I'm sure it doesn't have the same value to a non-Hybrid fan! ;)

                      Also, I mentioned previously that the version of Finished Symphony on the
                      Bonus CD was the album version, but it's not. It's 5:53 in length - does
                      that version have name? like 'extended radio edit', any idea?

                      - Neil

                      >Strange that those Way Out West tunes would be on that cd when they had
                      >nothing to do with the game..
                      >
                      >I guess it was just a way for Distinctive to try to push the other artists
                      >on the label also...very nice...
                      >
                      >If the Maurice - Feline was listed as a Hybrid Mix then it would be an
                      >exclusive to that cd ...because its not on the vinyl...
                      >
                      >Extremely rare find there Neil... you've made me extremely jealous...
                      >
                      >Nice..
                      >
                      >Rick
                    • Phil Stewart
                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 9, 2004
                        On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Neil Turner wrote:
                        > Also, I mentioned previously that the version of Finished Symphony on
                        > the Bonus CD was the album version, but it's not. It's 5:53 in length -
                        > does that version have name? like 'extended radio edit', any idea?

                        Close - it's called "Hybrid's Extended Edit", as per side A of 3rd promo
                        vinyl (DP52/3). Essentially, just an edit of the album version. The
                        flipside of promo 3 is "Hybrid's Echoplex Remix Extended Edit", in similar
                        vein. Personally, I much prefer promo 2 (DP52/2), which has the
                        full-length Echoplex Mix :-)

                        --
                        From Phil
                        Note to self: Must buy promo 1 at some point
                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 10, 2004
                          It's probably the same edit that was on the Plastic compilation (#5?) I didn't notice it was an edit either the first time I heard it. Although I should have known cos that series takes a whole bunch of good tracks and then neuters them up into tiny three-minute edits. Lame.

                          G3K