Re: [Hybrid] Joyrider - AWESOME

  • RICHARD LUND
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 1 7:50 AM
      Ahhh...yes....

      So let me correct my original statement..

      As scheduled , the game Lotus Challenge never came out in NTSC format for the PS2 ...

      Completely didn't realize that XBox got ahold of that game...

      Thanx for the info Rukes..

      Rick

      > It came out in the US for Xbox a while back.
      >
      > --Rukes
    • Neil Turner
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 1 6:29 PM
        Hi,

        I wonder where you got those from ;)

        Yep, the game only seems to output mono, which is a pity. The short version
        you mention is taken from the intro video clip.

        Also, the US version of the game is called 'Motor Trend: Lotus Challenge'
        and, as someone else mentioned, is on the Xbox only. A GameCube and PS2
        version were slated for release at one point but were then cancelled. The US
        Xbox version does seem to have all the same music but I don't know if it
        came with the Distinctive Records CD which featured several tracks including
        a few Hybrid tracks (a couple of tracks from Wide Angle and Maurice - Feline
        (Hybrid Remix) is all I can remember off-hand).

        The game itself is quite tough (although the stunt mode can be fun) as it's
        a simulation based game - not an arcade racer. So if you like playing Gran
        Tourismo *without* the driving aids, you might appreciate this game :)

        - Neil
      • Jitesh Mistry
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 2 2:32 AM
          Maurice - Feline [Hybrid Remix]? Didn't think there was a Hybrid remix of
          Feline.. We know that Mike co-produced it with Maurice (forgotten his
          surname).

          On a different note, some of you should look for Atomic Hooligan - Shine A
          Light EP. The Introspective Remix is what you should look at, think Syntax
          - Pray in a brooding, progressive breaks stylee and you'll be close to the
          mark. Other good tracks I've come across recently is Dark Globe - Break My
          World and Paul van Dyk - Crush [Hyper Remix]. The original mixes of Paul
          van Dyk sound really dated but Hyper kinda takes the track on a UNKLE type
          direction with a quality guitar-laden breakdown.

          Later,
          Jits.
        • Antti Mutta
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 2 3:24 AM
            People who are trying desperately to hear this (AWESOME) tune - email me and
            I'll give you some hints and tips how to get a good old listen to :) My
            email address is antti.mutta@...

            -antti
          • RICHARD LUND
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 2 8:18 AM
              A cd came with some of these games??..

              Interesting...anyone have this cd with a full tracklisting??..

              Rick
              >The US Xbox version does seem to have all the same music but I don't know if it
              >came with the Distinctive Records CD which featured several tracks including
              >a few Hybrid tracks (a couple of tracks from Wide Angle and Maurice - Feline
              >(Hybrid Remix) is all I can remember off-hand).
              >
              >- Neil
            • Drew Ressler
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 2 10:19 AM
                Lotus Challenge came with a Distinctive Records CD? Never heard of that...any more details on it? Like what versions it came with,
                if they were specially labeled, etc..?

                --Rukes

              • Neil Turner
                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 2 5:33 PM
                  Hi,

                  You might be right - although it's listed on Hybrid-Group.com as a remix
                  too. Does anyone out there know for certain? ;)

                  - Neil

                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 5 8:32 AM
                    Nope..

                    There was never a "hybrid remix" of Maurice - Feline

                    It was co-produced by Mike with a remix on the B-Side..

                    I believe A.) Original B.) Trancesetters Union Remix

                    But that's off the top of my head..

                    But no Hybrid Remix that Ive ever heard of

                    Rick

                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 5 5:19 PM
                      Hi,

                      Way Out West - Intensify (7:30)
                      Way Out West - UB Devoid (6:57)
                      Commie & Christian J - Tupelo (5:15)
                      Commie & Christian J - Comin' Alive (4:54)
                      Hybrid - Finished Symphony (5:53)
                      Hybrid feat. Julee Cruise - If I Survive (9:40)
                      Maurice - Feline (9:12)
                      Nat Monday - Waiting (7:55)
                      Prophets of Sound - Tide of Dreams (6:53)
                      Chris Coco - All of my Beautiful Friends (5:53)

                      That's the track listing that good old Media Player 9 found, seems about
                      right. Both the WOW and Hybrid tracks are unmixed album versions.

                      I'm still pretty sure that the Maurice - Feline track was listed as a Hybrid
                      Remix but I might be wrong. The PS2 game came with the 'Bonus CD' in a
                      cardboard pack (much like the Wider Angle packaging) which didn't last -
                      and I think the track listing was on that. The CD is pictured below. It just
                      came in a plain old CD single case, there was no insert...

                      http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg

                      As my phone isn't the best camera in the world, and in case you're
                      wondering, the CD says...

                      Distinctive breaks and ink records present
                      PAST PRESENT FUTURE

                      (p) 2001 distinctive breaks / ink records (c) 2001 distinctive breaks / ink
                      records. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work
                      reserved. Unauthorised copying, lending, hiring, public performance,
                      diffusion and broadcasting of this work prohibited. not for resale.
                      available exclusively as part of the lotus challenge limited edition box set

                      www.distinctiverecords.com www.inkrecords.com

                      (distinctive records logo) (ink records logo) (cd logo)

                      Well there you go! I assume it's rare then? :-D

                      - Neil
                    • Neil Turner
                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 6 5:14 AM
                        Hi,

                        Okay - I'll update my little collection so ;)

                        - Neil

                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 6 7:50 AM
                          Strange that those Way Out West tunes would be on that cd when they had nothing to do with the game..

                          I guess it was just a way for Distinctive to try to push the other artists on the label also...very nice...

                          If the Maurice - Feline was listed as a Hybrid Mix then it would be an exclusive to that cd ...because its not on the vinyl...

                          Extremely rare find there Neil... you've made me extremely jealous...

                          Nice..

                          Rick

                          http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg<http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg>

                          Message 12 of 22 , Apr 8 6:55 PM
                            Hi,

                            Thanks. If I ever find a spare copy of the game / bonus CD, I'll let you
                            know. I'm sure it doesn't have the same value to a non-Hybrid fan! ;)

                            Also, I mentioned previously that the version of Finished Symphony on the
                            Bonus CD was the album version, but it's not. It's 5:53 in length - does
                            that version have name? like 'extended radio edit', any idea?

                            - Neil

                            >Strange that those Way Out West tunes would be on that cd when they had
                            >nothing to do with the game..
                            >
                            >I guess it was just a way for Distinctive to try to push the other artists
                            >on the label also...very nice...
                            >
                            >If the Maurice - Feline was listed as a Hybrid Mix then it would be an
                            >exclusive to that cd ...because its not on the vinyl...
                            >
                            >Extremely rare find there Neil... you've made me extremely jealous...
                            >
                            >Nice..
                            >
                            >Rick
                          • Phil Stewart
                            Message 13 of 22 , Apr 9 12:48 PM
                              On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Neil Turner wrote:
                              > Also, I mentioned previously that the version of Finished Symphony on
                              > the Bonus CD was the album version, but it's not. It's 5:53 in length -
                              > does that version have name? like 'extended radio edit', any idea?

                              Close - it's called "Hybrid's Extended Edit", as per side A of 3rd promo
                              vinyl (DP52/3). Essentially, just an edit of the album version. The
                              flipside of promo 3 is "Hybrid's Echoplex Remix Extended Edit", in similar
                              vein. Personally, I much prefer promo 2 (DP52/2), which has the
                              full-length Echoplex Mix :-)

                              --
                              From Phil
                              Note to self: Must buy promo 1 at some point
                              Message 14 of 22 , Apr 10 4:15 PM
                                It's probably the same edit that was on the Plastic compilation (#5?) I didn't notice it was an edit either the first time I heard it. Although I should have known cos that series takes a whole bunch of good tracks and then neuters them up into tiny three-minute edits. Lame.

                                G3K