AW: [Hybrid] Joyrider - AWESOME

  • Thomas Touzimsky
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 31, 2004
      > Ive got a butt-load of stereo equiptment , so
      > anything I can pump through my speakers (TV , radio ,
      > PS2 , DVD's , 12"'s , cd's..etc) I can record
      >
      > Comes in handy ....

      Yeah, I got a Terratec DMX 24/96, which makes for some really great 12"
      recordings, but no PS2 - that's the problem... ;-)

      ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

      A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?
    • Oddball
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 1, 2004
        I already have a rip of Joyrider from the game. AFAIK it's only in mono on
        the game though as the rip is in mono.I know the short version that was
        floating around a while back is in stereo. If it is in stereo on the game
        though it would be nice to hear. I guess I am lucky enough to have even the
        mono version though since I don't own the game.
      • RICHARD LUND
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 1, 2004
          Ahhh...yes....

          So let me correct my original statement..

          As scheduled , the game Lotus Challenge never came out in NTSC format for the PS2 ...

          Completely didn't realize that XBox got ahold of that game...

          Thanx for the info Rukes..

          Rick

          > It came out in the US for Xbox a while back.
          >
          > --Rukes
        • Neil Turner
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 1, 2004
            Hi,

            I wonder where you got those from ;)

            Yep, the game only seems to output mono, which is a pity. The short version
            you mention is taken from the intro video clip.

            Also, the US version of the game is called 'Motor Trend: Lotus Challenge'
            and, as someone else mentioned, is on the Xbox only. A GameCube and PS2
            version were slated for release at one point but were then cancelled. The US
            Xbox version does seem to have all the same music but I don't know if it
            came with the Distinctive Records CD which featured several tracks including
            a few Hybrid tracks (a couple of tracks from Wide Angle and Maurice - Feline
            (Hybrid Remix) is all I can remember off-hand).

            The game itself is quite tough (although the stunt mode can be fun) as it's
            a simulation based game - not an arcade racer. So if you like playing Gran
            Tourismo *without* the driving aids, you might appreciate this game :)

            - Neil
          • Jitesh Mistry
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
              Maurice - Feline [Hybrid Remix]? Didn't think there was a Hybrid remix of
              Feline.. We know that Mike co-produced it with Maurice (forgotten his
              surname).

              On a different note, some of you should look for Atomic Hooligan - Shine A
              Light EP. The Introspective Remix is what you should look at, think Syntax
              - Pray in a brooding, progressive breaks stylee and you'll be close to the
              mark. Other good tracks I've come across recently is Dark Globe - Break My
              World and Paul van Dyk - Crush [Hyper Remix]. The original mixes of Paul
              van Dyk sound really dated but Hyper kinda takes the track on a UNKLE type
              direction with a quality guitar-laden breakdown.

              Later,
              Jits.
            • Antti Mutta
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
                People who are trying desperately to hear this (AWESOME) tune - email me and
                I'll give you some hints and tips how to get a good old listen to :) My
                email address is antti.mutta@...

                -antti
              • RICHARD LUND
                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
                  A cd came with some of these games??..

                  Interesting...anyone have this cd with a full tracklisting??..

                  Rick
                  >The US Xbox version does seem to have all the same music but I don't know if it
                  >came with the Distinctive Records CD which featured several tracks including
                  >a few Hybrid tracks (a couple of tracks from Wide Angle and Maurice - Feline
                  >(Hybrid Remix) is all I can remember off-hand).
                  >
                  >- Neil
                • Drew Ressler
                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
                    Lotus Challenge came with a Distinctive Records CD? Never heard of that...any more details on it? Like what versions it came with,
                    if they were specially labeled, etc..?

                    --Rukes

                  • Neil Turner
                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
                      Hi,

                      You might be right - although it's listed on Hybrid-Group.com as a remix
                      too. Does anyone out there know for certain? ;)

                      - Neil

                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 5, 2004
                        Nope..

                        There was never a "hybrid remix" of Maurice - Feline

                        It was co-produced by Mike with a remix on the B-Side..

                        I believe A.) Original B.) Trancesetters Union Remix

                        But that's off the top of my head..

                        But no Hybrid Remix that Ive ever heard of

                        Rick

                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 5, 2004
                          Hi,

                          Way Out West - Intensify (7:30)
                          Way Out West - UB Devoid (6:57)
                          Commie & Christian J - Tupelo (5:15)
                          Commie & Christian J - Comin' Alive (4:54)
                          Hybrid - Finished Symphony (5:53)
                          Hybrid feat. Julee Cruise - If I Survive (9:40)
                          Maurice - Feline (9:12)
                          Nat Monday - Waiting (7:55)
                          Prophets of Sound - Tide of Dreams (6:53)
                          Chris Coco - All of my Beautiful Friends (5:53)

                          That's the track listing that good old Media Player 9 found, seems about
                          right. Both the WOW and Hybrid tracks are unmixed album versions.

                          I'm still pretty sure that the Maurice - Feline track was listed as a Hybrid
                          Remix but I might be wrong. The PS2 game came with the 'Bonus CD' in a
                          cardboard pack (much like the Wider Angle packaging) which didn't last -
                          and I think the track listing was on that. The CD is pictured below. It just
                          came in a plain old CD single case, there was no insert...

                          http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg

                          As my phone isn't the best camera in the world, and in case you're
                          wondering, the CD says...

                          Distinctive breaks and ink records present
                          PAST PRESENT FUTURE

                          (p) 2001 distinctive breaks / ink records (c) 2001 distinctive breaks / ink
                          records. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work
                          reserved. Unauthorised copying, lending, hiring, public performance,
                          diffusion and broadcasting of this work prohibited. not for resale.
                          available exclusively as part of the lotus challenge limited edition box set

                          www.distinctiverecords.com www.inkrecords.com

                          (distinctive records logo) (ink records logo) (cd logo)

                          Well there you go! I assume it's rare then? :-D

                          - Neil
                        • Neil Turner
                          Message 12 of 22 , Apr 6, 2004
                            Hi,

                            Okay - I'll update my little collection so ;)

                            - Neil

                            You might be right - although it's listed on Hybrid-Group.com as a remix
                            too. Does anyone out there know for certain? ;)

                            - Neil

                            Maurice - Feline [Hybrid Remix]? Didn't think there was a Hybrid remix of
                            Feline.. We know that Mike co-produced it with Maurice (forgotten his
                            surname).

                            Hybrid News, Gig Dates and much more...
                            http://www.hybrid-group.com

                            Yahoo! Groups Links
                          • RICHARD LUND
                            Message 13 of 22 , Apr 6, 2004
                              Strange that those Way Out West tunes would be on that cd when they had nothing to do with the game..

                              I guess it was just a way for Distinctive to try to push the other artists on the label also...very nice...

                              If the Maurice - Feline was listed as a Hybrid Mix then it would be an exclusive to that cd ...because its not on the vinyl...

                              Extremely rare find there Neil... you've made me extremely jealous...

                              Nice..

                              Rick

                              http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg<http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg>

                              Message 14 of 22 , Apr 8, 2004
                                Hi,

                                Thanks. If I ever find a spare copy of the game / bonus CD, I'll let you
                                know. I'm sure it doesn't have the same value to a non-Hybrid fan! ;)

                                Also, I mentioned previously that the version of Finished Symphony on the
                                Bonus CD was the album version, but it's not. It's 5:53 in length - does
                                that version have name? like 'extended radio edit', any idea?

                                - Neil

                                >Strange that those Way Out West tunes would be on that cd when they had
                                >nothing to do with the game..
                                >
                                >I guess it was just a way for Distinctive to try to push the other artists
                                >on the label also...very nice...
                                >
                                >If the Maurice - Feline was listed as a Hybrid Mix then it would be an
                                >exclusive to that cd ...because its not on the vinyl...
                                >
                                >Extremely rare find there Neil... you've made me extremely jealous...
                                >
                                >Nice..
                                >
                                >Rick
                              • Phil Stewart
                                Message 15 of 22 , Apr 9, 2004
                                  On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Neil Turner wrote:
                                  > Also, I mentioned previously that the version of Finished Symphony on
                                  > the Bonus CD was the album version, but it's not. It's 5:53 in length -
                                  > does that version have name? like 'extended radio edit', any idea?

                                  Close - it's called "Hybrid's Extended Edit", as per side A of 3rd promo
                                  vinyl (DP52/3). Essentially, just an edit of the album version. The
                                  flipside of promo 3 is "Hybrid's Echoplex Remix Extended Edit", in similar
                                  vein. Personally, I much prefer promo 2 (DP52/2), which has the
                                  full-length Echoplex Mix :-)

                                  --
                                  From Phil
                                  Note to self: Must buy promo 1 at some point
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Apr 10, 2004
                                    It's probably the same edit that was on the Plastic compilation (#5?) I didn't notice it was an edit either the first time I heard it. Although I should have known cos that series takes a whole bunch of good tracks and then neuters them up into tiny three-minute edits. Lame.

                                    G3K