RE: [Hybrid] Joyrider - AWESOME

  • Drew Ressler
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 31, 2004
      It came out in the US for Xbox a while back.

      --Rukes

    • Antti Mutta
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 31, 2004
        PS2 also has digital output...

        AND PS2 uses DVD- and CD-formats so I guess it should be possible to rip the
        tune straight from the data files.. This is speculating, though.

        -antti

        > Well a PS2 does have a phono LR audio out lead...I don't see why not...
        > > > Not only have we never got a vinyl release of
        > > > this great track but Lotus Challenge was never
        > > > released in the US (in a NTSC format)
        > >
        > > I didn't find any information on this anywhere, so - is it even possible
        > > to (*ahem*) rip the audio from a PS2 game? I am not sure about their
        > > file system, and I don't own a PS2 myself. Buying the game just to get
        > > the audio wouldn't be the craziest thing I have ever done... ;-)
        > >

        > > ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
      • Thomas Touzimsky
        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 31, 2004
          > Ive got a butt-load of stereo equiptment , so
          > anything I can pump through my speakers (TV , radio ,
          > PS2 , DVD's , 12"'s , cd's..etc) I can record
          >
          > Comes in handy ....

          Yeah, I got a Terratec DMX 24/96, which makes for some really great 12"
          recordings, but no PS2 - that's the problem... ;-)

          ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

          A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?
        • Oddball
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 1 3:04 AM
            I already have a rip of Joyrider from the game. AFAIK it's only in mono on
            the game though as the rip is in mono.I know the short version that was
            floating around a while back is in stereo. If it is in stereo on the game
            though it would be nice to hear. I guess I am lucky enough to have even the
            mono version though since I don't own the game.
          • RICHARD LUND
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 1 7:50 AM
              Ahhh...yes....

              So let me correct my original statement..

              As scheduled , the game Lotus Challenge never came out in NTSC format for the PS2 ...

              Completely didn't realize that XBox got ahold of that game...

              Thanx for the info Rukes..

              Rick

              > It came out in the US for Xbox a while back.
              >
              > --Rukes
            • Neil Turner
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 1 6:29 PM
                Hi,

                I wonder where you got those from ;)

                Yep, the game only seems to output mono, which is a pity. The short version
                you mention is taken from the intro video clip.

                Also, the US version of the game is called 'Motor Trend: Lotus Challenge'
                and, as someone else mentioned, is on the Xbox only. A GameCube and PS2
                version were slated for release at one point but were then cancelled. The US
                Xbox version does seem to have all the same music but I don't know if it
                came with the Distinctive Records CD which featured several tracks including
                a few Hybrid tracks (a couple of tracks from Wide Angle and Maurice - Feline
                (Hybrid Remix) is all I can remember off-hand).

                The game itself is quite tough (although the stunt mode can be fun) as it's
                a simulation based game - not an arcade racer. So if you like playing Gran
                Tourismo *without* the driving aids, you might appreciate this game :)

                - Neil
              • Jitesh Mistry
                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 2 2:32 AM
                  Maurice - Feline [Hybrid Remix]? Didn't think there was a Hybrid remix of
                  Feline.. We know that Mike co-produced it with Maurice (forgotten his
                  surname).

                  On a different note, some of you should look for Atomic Hooligan - Shine A
                  Light EP. The Introspective Remix is what you should look at, think Syntax
                  - Pray in a brooding, progressive breaks stylee and you'll be close to the
                  mark. Other good tracks I've come across recently is Dark Globe - Break My
                  World and Paul van Dyk - Crush [Hyper Remix]. The original mixes of Paul
                  van Dyk sound really dated but Hyper kinda takes the track on a UNKLE type
                  direction with a quality guitar-laden breakdown.

                  Later,
                  Jits.
                • Antti Mutta
                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 2 3:24 AM
                    People who are trying desperately to hear this (AWESOME) tune - email me and
                    I'll give you some hints and tips how to get a good old listen to :) My
                    email address is antti.mutta@...

                    -antti
                  • RICHARD LUND
                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 2 8:18 AM
                      A cd came with some of these games??..

                      Interesting...anyone have this cd with a full tracklisting??..

                      Rick
                      >The US Xbox version does seem to have all the same music but I don't know if it
                      >came with the Distinctive Records CD which featured several tracks including
                      >a few Hybrid tracks (a couple of tracks from Wide Angle and Maurice - Feline
                      >(Hybrid Remix) is all I can remember off-hand).
                      >
                      >- Neil
                    • Drew Ressler
                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 2 10:19 AM
                        Lotus Challenge came with a Distinctive Records CD? Never heard of that...any more details on it? Like what versions it came with,
                        if they were specially labeled, etc..?

                        --Rukes

                      • Neil Turner
                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 2 5:33 PM
                          Hi,

                          You might be right - although it's listed on Hybrid-Group.com as a remix
                          too. Does anyone out there know for certain? ;)

                          - Neil

                          Message 12 of 22 , Apr 5 8:32 AM
                            Nope..

                            There was never a "hybrid remix" of Maurice - Feline

                            It was co-produced by Mike with a remix on the B-Side..

                            I believe A.) Original B.) Trancesetters Union Remix

                            But that's off the top of my head..

                            But no Hybrid Remix that Ive ever heard of

                            Rick

                            Message 13 of 22 , Apr 5 5:19 PM
                              Hi,

                              Way Out West - Intensify (7:30)
                              Way Out West - UB Devoid (6:57)
                              Commie & Christian J - Tupelo (5:15)
                              Commie & Christian J - Comin' Alive (4:54)
                              Hybrid - Finished Symphony (5:53)
                              Hybrid feat. Julee Cruise - If I Survive (9:40)
                              Maurice - Feline (9:12)
                              Nat Monday - Waiting (7:55)
                              Prophets of Sound - Tide of Dreams (6:53)
                              Chris Coco - All of my Beautiful Friends (5:53)

                              That's the track listing that good old Media Player 9 found, seems about
                              right. Both the WOW and Hybrid tracks are unmixed album versions.

                              I'm still pretty sure that the Maurice - Feline track was listed as a Hybrid
                              Remix but I might be wrong. The PS2 game came with the 'Bonus CD' in a
                              cardboard pack (much like the Wider Angle packaging) which didn't last -
                              and I think the track listing was on that. The CD is pictured below. It just
                              came in a plain old CD single case, there was no insert...

                              http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg

                              As my phone isn't the best camera in the world, and in case you're
                              wondering, the CD says...

                              Distinctive breaks and ink records present
                              PAST PRESENT FUTURE

                              (p) 2001 distinctive breaks / ink records (c) 2001 distinctive breaks / ink
                              records. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work
                              reserved. Unauthorised copying, lending, hiring, public performance,
                              diffusion and broadcasting of this work prohibited. not for resale.
                              available exclusively as part of the lotus challenge limited edition box set

                              www.distinctiverecords.com www.inkrecords.com

                              (distinctive records logo) (ink records logo) (cd logo)

                              Well there you go! I assume it's rare then? :-D

                              - Neil
                            • Neil Turner
                              Message 14 of 22 , Apr 6 5:14 AM
                                Hi,

                                Okay - I'll update my little collection so ;)

                                - Neil

                                You might be right - although it's listed on Hybrid-Group.com as a remix
                                too. Does anyone out there know for certain? ;)

                                - Neil

                                Maurice - Feline [Hybrid Remix]? Didn't think there was a Hybrid remix of
                                Feline.. We know that Mike co-produced it with Maurice (forgotten his
                                surname).

                                Hybrid News, Gig Dates and much more...
                                http://www.hybrid-group.com

                                Yahoo! Groups Links
                              • RICHARD LUND
                                Message 15 of 22 , Apr 6 7:50 AM
                                  Strange that those Way Out West tunes would be on that cd when they had nothing to do with the game..

                                  I guess it was just a way for Distinctive to try to push the other artists on the label also...very nice...

                                  If the Maurice - Feline was listed as a Hybrid Mix then it would be an exclusive to that cd ...because its not on the vinyl...

                                  Extremely rare find there Neil... you've made me extremely jealous...

                                  Nice..

                                  Rick

                                  http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg<http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg>

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Apr 8 6:55 PM
                                    Hi,

                                    Thanks. If I ever find a spare copy of the game / bonus CD, I'll let you
                                    know. I'm sure it doesn't have the same value to a non-Hybrid fan! ;)

                                    Also, I mentioned previously that the version of Finished Symphony on the
                                    Bonus CD was the album version, but it's not. It's 5:53 in length - does
                                    that version have name? like 'extended radio edit', any idea?

                                    - Neil

                                    >Strange that those Way Out West tunes would be on that cd when they had
                                    >nothing to do with the game..
                                    >
                                    >I guess it was just a way for Distinctive to try to push the other artists
                                    >on the label also...very nice...
                                    >
                                    >If the Maurice - Feline was listed as a Hybrid Mix then it would be an
                                    >exclusive to that cd ...because its not on the vinyl...
                                    >
                                    >Extremely rare find there Neil... you've made me extremely jealous...
                                    >
                                    >Nice..
                                    >
                                    >Rick
                                  • Phil Stewart
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Apr 9 12:48 PM
                                      On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Neil Turner wrote:
                                      > Also, I mentioned previously that the version of Finished Symphony on
                                      > the Bonus CD was the album version, but it's not. It's 5:53 in length -
                                      > does that version have name? like 'extended radio edit', any idea?

                                      Close - it's called "Hybrid's Extended Edit", as per side A of 3rd promo
                                      vinyl (DP52/3). Essentially, just an edit of the album version. The
                                      flipside of promo 3 is "Hybrid's Echoplex Remix Extended Edit", in similar
                                      vein. Personally, I much prefer promo 2 (DP52/2), which has the
                                      full-length Echoplex Mix :-)

                                      --
                                      From Phil
                                      Note to self: Must buy promo 1 at some point
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Apr 10 4:15 PM
                                        It's probably the same edit that was on the Plastic compilation (#5?) I didn't notice it was an edit either the first time I heard it. Although I should have known cos that series takes a whole bunch of good tracks and then neuters them up into tiny three-minute edits. Lame.

                                        G3K