Re: [Hybrid] Joyrider - AWESOME

  • RICHARD LUND
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 31, 2004
      Although Im sure someone somewhere is going to point you towards a program that rips sound files from PS2 games I do mine the old fashioned way ..

      Ive got a butt-load of stereo equiptment , so anything I can pump through my speakers (TV , radio , PS2 , DVD's , 12"'s , cd's..etc) I can record

      Comes in handy ....

      > I didn't find any information on this anywhere, so - is it even possible
      > to (*ahem*) rip the audio from a PS2 game? I am not sure about their
      > file system, and I don't own a PS2 myself. Buying the game just to get
      > the audio wouldn't be the craziest thing I have ever done... ;-)
      >

      > ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
    • Drew Ressler
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 31, 2004
        It came out in the US for Xbox a while back.

        --Rukes

      • Antti Mutta
        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 31, 2004
          PS2 also has digital output...

          AND PS2 uses DVD- and CD-formats so I guess it should be possible to rip the
          tune straight from the data files.. This is speculating, though.

          -antti

          > Well a PS2 does have a phono LR audio out lead...I don't see why not...
          > > > Not only have we never got a vinyl release of
          > > > this great track but Lotus Challenge was never
          > > > released in the US (in a NTSC format)
          > >
          > > I didn't find any information on this anywhere, so - is it even possible
          > > to (*ahem*) rip the audio from a PS2 game? I am not sure about their
          > > file system, and I don't own a PS2 myself. Buying the game just to get
          > > the audio wouldn't be the craziest thing I have ever done... ;-)
          > >

          > > ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
        • Thomas Touzimsky
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 31, 2004
            > Ive got a butt-load of stereo equiptment , so
            > anything I can pump through my speakers (TV , radio ,
            > PS2 , DVD's , 12"'s , cd's..etc) I can record
            >
            > Comes in handy ....

            Yeah, I got a Terratec DMX 24/96, which makes for some really great 12"
            recordings, but no PS2 - that's the problem... ;-)

            ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

            A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?
          • Oddball
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 1, 2004
              I already have a rip of Joyrider from the game. AFAIK it's only in mono on
              the game though as the rip is in mono.I know the short version that was
              floating around a while back is in stereo. If it is in stereo on the game
              though it would be nice to hear. I guess I am lucky enough to have even the
              mono version though since I don't own the game.
            • RICHARD LUND
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 1, 2004
                Ahhh...yes....

                So let me correct my original statement..

                As scheduled , the game Lotus Challenge never came out in NTSC format for the PS2 ...

                Completely didn't realize that XBox got ahold of that game...

                Thanx for the info Rukes..

                Rick

                > It came out in the US for Xbox a while back.
                >
                > --Rukes
              • Neil Turner
                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 1, 2004
                  Hi,

                  I wonder where you got those from ;)

                  Yep, the game only seems to output mono, which is a pity. The short version
                  you mention is taken from the intro video clip.

                  Also, the US version of the game is called 'Motor Trend: Lotus Challenge'
                  and, as someone else mentioned, is on the Xbox only. A GameCube and PS2
                  version were slated for release at one point but were then cancelled. The US
                  Xbox version does seem to have all the same music but I don't know if it
                  came with the Distinctive Records CD which featured several tracks including
                  a few Hybrid tracks (a couple of tracks from Wide Angle and Maurice - Feline
                  (Hybrid Remix) is all I can remember off-hand).

                  The game itself is quite tough (although the stunt mode can be fun) as it's
                  a simulation based game - not an arcade racer. So if you like playing Gran
                  Tourismo *without* the driving aids, you might appreciate this game :)

                  - Neil
                • Jitesh Mistry
                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
                    Maurice - Feline [Hybrid Remix]? Didn't think there was a Hybrid remix of
                    Feline.. We know that Mike co-produced it with Maurice (forgotten his
                    surname).

                    On a different note, some of you should look for Atomic Hooligan - Shine A
                    Light EP. The Introspective Remix is what you should look at, think Syntax
                    - Pray in a brooding, progressive breaks stylee and you'll be close to the
                    mark. Other good tracks I've come across recently is Dark Globe - Break My
                    World and Paul van Dyk - Crush [Hyper Remix]. The original mixes of Paul
                    van Dyk sound really dated but Hyper kinda takes the track on a UNKLE type
                    direction with a quality guitar-laden breakdown.

                    Later,
                    Jits.
                  • Antti Mutta
                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
                      People who are trying desperately to hear this (AWESOME) tune - email me and
                      I'll give you some hints and tips how to get a good old listen to :) My
                      email address is antti.mutta@...

                      -antti
                    • RICHARD LUND
                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
                        A cd came with some of these games??..

                        Interesting...anyone have this cd with a full tracklisting??..

                        Rick
                        >The US Xbox version does seem to have all the same music but I don't know if it
                        >came with the Distinctive Records CD which featured several tracks including
                        >a few Hybrid tracks (a couple of tracks from Wide Angle and Maurice - Feline
                        >(Hybrid Remix) is all I can remember off-hand).
                        >
                        >- Neil
                      • Drew Ressler
                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
                          Lotus Challenge came with a Distinctive Records CD? Never heard of that...any more details on it? Like what versions it came with,
                          if they were specially labeled, etc..?

                          --Rukes

                        • Neil Turner
                          Message 12 of 22 , Apr 2, 2004
                            Hi,

                            You might be right - although it's listed on Hybrid-Group.com as a remix
                            too. Does anyone out there know for certain? ;)

                            - Neil

                            Message 13 of 22 , Apr 5, 2004
                              Nope..

                              There was never a "hybrid remix" of Maurice - Feline

                              It was co-produced by Mike with a remix on the B-Side..

                              I believe A.) Original B.) Trancesetters Union Remix

                              But that's off the top of my head..

                              But no Hybrid Remix that Ive ever heard of

                              Rick

                              Message 14 of 22 , Apr 5, 2004
                                Hi,

                                Way Out West - Intensify (7:30)
                                Way Out West - UB Devoid (6:57)
                                Commie & Christian J - Tupelo (5:15)
                                Commie & Christian J - Comin' Alive (4:54)
                                Hybrid - Finished Symphony (5:53)
                                Hybrid feat. Julee Cruise - If I Survive (9:40)
                                Maurice - Feline (9:12)
                                Nat Monday - Waiting (7:55)
                                Prophets of Sound - Tide of Dreams (6:53)
                                Chris Coco - All of my Beautiful Friends (5:53)

                                That's the track listing that good old Media Player 9 found, seems about
                                right. Both the WOW and Hybrid tracks are unmixed album versions.

                                I'm still pretty sure that the Maurice - Feline track was listed as a Hybrid
                                Remix but I might be wrong. The PS2 game came with the 'Bonus CD' in a
                                cardboard pack (much like the Wider Angle packaging) which didn't last -
                                and I think the track listing was on that. The CD is pictured below. It just
                                came in a plain old CD single case, there was no insert...

                                http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg

                                As my phone isn't the best camera in the world, and in case you're
                                wondering, the CD says...

                                Distinctive breaks and ink records present
                                PAST PRESENT FUTURE

                                (p) 2001 distinctive breaks / ink records (c) 2001 distinctive breaks / ink
                                records. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work
                                reserved. Unauthorised copying, lending, hiring, public performance,
                                diffusion and broadcasting of this work prohibited. not for resale.
                                available exclusively as part of the lotus challenge limited edition box set

                                www.distinctiverecords.com www.inkrecords.com

                                (distinctive records logo) (ink records logo) (cd logo)

                                Well there you go! I assume it's rare then? :-D

                                - Neil
                              • Neil Turner
                                Message 15 of 22 , Apr 6, 2004
                                  Hi,

                                  Okay - I'll update my little collection so ;)

                                  - Neil

                                  You might be right - although it's listed on Hybrid-Group.com as a remix
                                  too. Does anyone out there know for certain? ;)

                                  - Neil

                                  Maurice - Feline [Hybrid Remix]? Didn't think there was a Hybrid remix of
                                  Feline.. We know that Mike co-produced it with Maurice (forgotten his
                                  surname).

                                  Hybrid News, Gig Dates and much more...
                                  http://www.hybrid-group.com

                                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                                • RICHARD LUND
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Apr 6, 2004
                                    Strange that those Way Out West tunes would be on that cd when they had nothing to do with the game..

                                    I guess it was just a way for Distinctive to try to push the other artists on the label also...very nice...

                                    If the Maurice - Feline was listed as a Hybrid Mix then it would be an exclusive to that cd ...because its not on the vinyl...

                                    Extremely rare find there Neil... you've made me extremely jealous...

                                    Nice..

                                    Rick

                                    http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg<http://www.milkbar.ie/joyrider/cd.jpg>

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Apr 8, 2004
                                      Hi,

                                      Thanks. If I ever find a spare copy of the game / bonus CD, I'll let you
                                      know. I'm sure it doesn't have the same value to a non-Hybrid fan! ;)

                                      Also, I mentioned previously that the version of Finished Symphony on the
                                      Bonus CD was the album version, but it's not. It's 5:53 in length - does
                                      that version have name? like 'extended radio edit', any idea?

                                      - Neil

                                      >Strange that those Way Out West tunes would be on that cd when they had
                                      >nothing to do with the game..
                                      >
                                      >I guess it was just a way for Distinctive to try to push the other artists
                                      >on the label also...very nice...
                                      >
                                      >If the Maurice - Feline was listed as a Hybrid Mix then it would be an
                                      >exclusive to that cd ...because its not on the vinyl...
                                      >
                                      >Extremely rare find there Neil... you've made me extremely jealous...
                                      >
                                      >Nice..
                                      >
                                      >Rick
                                    • Phil Stewart
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Apr 9, 2004
                                        On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Neil Turner wrote:
                                        > Also, I mentioned previously that the version of Finished Symphony on
                                        > the Bonus CD was the album version, but it's not. It's 5:53 in length -
                                        > does that version have name? like 'extended radio edit', any idea?

                                        Close - it's called "Hybrid's Extended Edit", as per side A of 3rd promo
                                        vinyl (DP52/3). Essentially, just an edit of the album version. The
                                        flipside of promo 3 is "Hybrid's Echoplex Remix Extended Edit", in similar
                                        vein. Personally, I much prefer promo 2 (DP52/2), which has the
                                        full-length Echoplex Mix :-)

                                        --
                                        From Phil
                                        Note to self: Must buy promo 1 at some point
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Apr 10, 2004
                                          It's probably the same edit that was on the Plastic compilation (#5?) I didn't notice it was an edit either the first time I heard it. Although I should have known cos that series takes a whole bunch of good tracks and then neuters them up into tiny three-minute edits. Lame.

                                          G3K