[Hybrid] Re: Hybrid news and release dates

  • vinnie970
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 29, 2004
      > AD> And when did DeConstruction dissolve leaving WoW label-less, and
      > how long have they been on Distinct'ive? Compared to, say, Hybrid?

      1.) late 2000.
      2.) 3 years
      3.) 8 years? :/

      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "vinnie970" <vinnie97@n...> wrote:
      > Also, A WOW "RAAPB" is long overdue...w/ 100+ remixes to their
      > credit, it couldn't be more right).
      >
      > AD> I couldn't agree more, I'd love to see a legitimate WoW RaAPb -
      > as opposed to those eBay ones from Russia - however, getting
      > licensing sorted out for such compilations is tricky at the best of
      > times, how much trickier would it be when your previous label is no
      > more?
    • Alan Duval
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 2, 2004
        Speaking of DeConstruction, and referring back to an earlier
        conversation about live orchestra in dance music, I wondered what
        your thoughts were, Vince, on Brothers in Rhythm and their input into
        Kylie Minogue's 'Confide in Me' (Late August, '94), those strings
        sound live to me.

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5, 2004
          Upon a quick listen, I'd concur that they do. Do they not appear in
          the original "Confide In Me?" The Master Mix has a nice downtempo
          appeal ala Massive Attack.

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Duval" <propellerheadcase@h...>

        • andrewcotterill@blueyonder.co.uk
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 6, 2004

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 7, 2004
              They do appear in the original, which BiR wrote and produced for/with
              Kylie. My point being that the music would (I think) fall under the
              definition of electronic dance music and was released in late '94,
              having been written earlier that year - so did BiR/Kylie beat
              Propellerheads/Massive Attack/Way Out West/Hybrid to the punch on
              the 'strings in electronic dance' bit?

              Obviously, at 107BPM (IIRC) it is more akin to MA than WoW or Hybrid,
              but it gives one pause for thought, no?

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 7, 2004
                If you're alluding to Massive Attack's "Unfinished Sympathy," that was
                released circa '91, so they still have the upper hand as far as
                original "electronic meets classical" pieces are concerned. WOW did it
                in '94 when they sampled a clarinet solo ("Music For Libraries"). ;)

                wrote:
                > They do appear in the original, which BiR wrote and produced for/with
                > Kylie. My point being that the music would (I think) fall under the
                > definition of electronic dance music and was released in late '94,
                > having been written earlier that year - so did BiR/Kylie beat
                > Propellerheads/Massive Attack/Way Out West/Hybrid to the punch on
                > the 'strings in electronic dance' bit?
                >
                > Obviously, at 107BPM (IIRC) it is more akin to MA than WoW or Hybrid,
                > but it gives one pause for thought, no?
              • Thomas Touzimsky
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 8, 2004
                  > WOW did it in '94 when they sampled a clarinet solo ("Music For
                  Libraries"). ;)

                  If sampling a clarinet in an electronic track is a point, I'd like to
                  throw in the KLF's "3 a.m. eternal" in its original form, released in
                  1989 on 005T, part of the Pure Trance series. Clarinet was played by Zuy
                  Khiem back in those days and appeared again in the well-known stadium
                  house version released two years later.

                  ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

                  A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?
                • Tom
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 8, 2004
                    It's very cheezy but I also liked the classical meets electronic breakdown at
                    the end of 1993's "BKS - Do It Again Vivaldi!"

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 9, 2004
                      OK, fine, a small portion of the orchestra got knabbed (figurativey
                      speaking) too.

                      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Touzimsky" <touzimsky@w...>

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 9, 2004
                        And I would say it's a point especially if it's your main hook.