Re: [Hybrid] Morning Sci-Fi Vote - Results

  • G3K
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 14, 2004
      I AM. VicTORRRIous.

      (KYE is actually my favorite out of any of them but the album edit really
      sucks. Adding extra "duck noises" to the breakdown totally ruins it.)

      G3K

      > Out of the Dark 25.11%
      > Higher Than a Skyscraper 14.23%
      > We Are In Control 10.71%
      > True To Form 9.52%
      > Visible Noise 8.30%
      > Lights Go Down, Knives Come Out 7.14%
      > Steal You Away 5.95%
      > Blackout 5.95%
      > Gravastar 4.76%
      > I'm Still Awake 4.76%
      > Marraakech 2.38%
      > Know Your Enemy 1.19%
      > This Is What It Means 0%
    • James Wilson
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 15, 2004
        Don't worry bloke you are not on your own they are three of my favourite,
        behind Visible Noise. I Love Visible noise!

        > > Blackout 5.95%
        > > Gravastar 4.76%
        > > Know Your Enemy 1.19%
        >
        >So my own favorites are around the bottom of the list... Makes me wonder
        >about my taste. ;-)
        >

        >..::// Thomas Touzimsky
      • Matt A
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 15, 2004
          I wholeheartedly agree. What REALLY depressed me about MSF was the vinyl
          version was basically the same as the CD version. It sounded like they just
          faded in and out certain songs. I know not EVERY song has bits and pieces
          cut out of it, but the vinyl for Wide Angle had quite a few tracks with
          significant differences. The biggest kicker on the MSF vinyl was that they
          didn't even use the original 12" mixes of "Know Your Enemy", "Visible
          Noise" or "Gravastar" and instead stuck with the edits. The whole ending of
          KYE is compromised on the album. It doesn't have nearly the punch the
          original 12" version does because it doesn't carry on as long.

          I'm really happy with the results of the poll, for the most part. I think
          Hybrid are really at their best when they're making aggressive dance music
          ("Kill City", "Know Your Enemy", "Out Of The Dark", the echoplex mix of
          "Kid 2000" and "Theme From Wide Angle", for instance). I love the strings
          and all, and I'll always think "Finished Symphony" and "Higher Than A
          Skyscraper" are masterpieces, but there's just something to be said for a
          song that you can blast in your car and have nearby drivers looking over at
          you with fear and confusion on their faces.

          Matt A.

          At 10:46 AM 3/14/2004, you wrote:
          >I AM. VicTORRRIous.
          >
          >(KYE is actually my favorite out of any of them but the album edit really
          >sucks. Adding extra "duck noises" to the breakdown totally ruins it.)
          >
          >G3K
        • Brett Kennelly
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 16, 2004
            Clearly Higher than a skyscraper was the best, ashame it only came second :( My 2 favs came 2nd and 3rd...oh well seems I have similar tastes then :) How many people voted in total Ally?
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 16, 2004
              I have to agree with Brett on this.
              Higher than a Skyscraper was very well done and I was guessing that it
              would have won. I do like Out of the Dark as well, but when I have
              played both tracks out in DJ sets, people liked Higher than a skyscaper
              more than Out of the Dark.
              People seemed more confused with Out of the Dark, and Higher than a
              Skyscraper seemed to put grins on people's faces and got more of a
              'wow' reaction.

              - Raj.

              Quoting Brett Kennelly <bman1@...>:

              > Clearly Higher than a skyscraper was the best, ashame it only came
              > second :( My 2 favs came 2nd and 3rd...oh well seems I have similar
              > tastes then :) How many people voted in total Ally?

            • Chaz Schlueter
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 18, 2004
                Marraakech 2.38%

                I am assuming I was the only vote for this one...

                Chaz (the man who knew too much)
              • ally@hybrid-group.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 19, 2004
                  Nope, you weren't.

                  Marraakech is a great tune, it captures the feel of the city very well. Hehe.

                  Ally

                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Chaz Schlueter" <chazsch@b...>
                  wrote:
                  > Marraakech 2.38%
                  >
                  > I am assuming I was the only vote for this one...
                  >
                  > Chaz (the man who knew too much)
                • Luke Browning
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 20, 2004
                    Lights Go Down, Knives Come Out 7.14%

                    call me a newb, but where abouts on the cd is this?

                    -luke
                  • James Warren
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 22, 2004
                      Rewind the cd for 6 and a bit mins from track 1 and ye will find what ye
                      seeks.

                      >Lights Go Down, Knives Come Out  7.14%
                      >
                      >call me a newb, but where abouts on the cd is this?
                      >
                      >-luke
                    • Alan Duval
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 27, 2004
                        Near a tree by a river there's a hole in the ground
                        Where an old man of Aaron goes around and around
                        And you'll never, never know just why...