[HybridUK] before I trash these "hybrid" rekkids...

  • Gen Kanai
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 24 12:10 PM
      I want to make sure I'm throwing away the right stuff...

      I have 2 records that say Hybrid, but don't sound like our favorite band

      One is on Xtranova Records, XN4743, "Hybrid" with tracks named "Airless,
      Alien Mind, Deep Forest"

      The other is on Yeti Records, YR 9856, Hybrid "Airless" with remixes by DJ
      Tiesto, DJ Stephen, and original

      THis isn't our "Hybrid" right?

      Thanks,

      Gen
    • Eric Klis
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 24 3:38 PM
        --- In HybridUK@egroups.com, "Ahmad Hutasuhut" <anh6@c...> wrote:
        > Which mix of this song is 6:34 long?

        1: Radio Edit (4:17)
        2: Dekkard's Roadkill Edit (3:57)
        3: Hybrid's Full Journey Mix (12:00)
        4: Hybrid's Charging Piano Mix (8:21)
        5: Dekkard's Roadkill Mix (9:20)

        None of the mixes on the CD are 6:34. Sorry. :)

        Dekkard's mix is a lot of arpeggios, slowly descending in key.
        There's a huge breakdown with some colossal percussion. On the whole,
        the tempo is surprisingly slow. The Hybrid mixes are pretty
        identifiable as Hybrid...a lot of gurgly noises. :)

        - Eric
      • Stuart Bruce
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 24 3:40 PM
          On Mon 24 Apr, Gen Kanai wrote:
          > I want to make sure I'm throwing away the right stuff...
          >
          > I have 2 records that say Hybrid, but don't sound like our favorite
          > band
          >
          > One is on Xtranova Records, XN4743, "Hybrid" with tracks named
          > "Airless, Alien Mind, Deep Forest"
          >
          > The other is on Yeti Records, YR 9856, Hybrid "Airless" with remixes
          > by DJ Tiesto, DJ Stephen, and original
          >
          > THis isn't our "Hybrid" right?

          Don't throw records away! That's like... erm... something really nasty
          that I can't think of right at the moment!

          My CD and record collection is testament not only to my interest in
          music but also in my firm belief that unwanted items should always be
          found a good home (at the right price... <grin>).

          But incidentally I think you're right and that the Hybrid on those two
          records isn't the same one. I've heard of DJ Tiesto though, which is a
          start.

          Stuart.

          --
          Stuart Bruce
          stuart@...
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 24 3:42 PM
            > The other mixes on that CD are remixed by Richard Dekkard
            > who, along with a few other people, were responsible for
            > showing Sasha how to use a studio (back when he was
            > just a DJ). An artist worth looking out for in his own right.

            I very much agree...his remix of Robert Owens "I'll Be Your Friend"
            makes me melt. :) Also, Sasha's remix of Up Yer Ronson's "Lost In
            Love" also has Dekkard behind it...worth checking out.
          • Vince H.
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 24 4:40 PM
              It's safe to send 'em to the trashbins. ;)

              VInceH.
              I want to make sure I'm throwing away the right stuff...

              I have 2 records that say Hybrid, but don't sound like our favorite band

              One is on Xtranova Records, XN4743, "Hybrid" with tracks named "Airless,
              Alien Mind, Deep Forest"

              The other is on Yeti Records, YR 9856, Hybrid "Airless" with remixes by DJ
              Tiesto, DJ Stephen, and original

              THis isn't our "Hybrid" right?

              Thanks,

              Gen

                                USEFUL LINKS

              Distinctive Records - Hybrid's record label - featuring video clips, sound and you can buy some Hybrid tunes here!
              http://www.distinctiverecords.com

              Hybrid Fan Site : Find out the latest news about Hybrid and related artists

            • Andrew Cowell
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 24 4:53 PM
                No, different artist/band. From Belgium, no? Anyone?

              • Andrew Cowell
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 24 4:58 PM
                  > > The other mixes on that CD are remixed by Richard Dekkard
                  > > who, along with a few other people, were responsible for
                  > > showing Sasha how to use a studio (back when he was
                  > > just a DJ). An artist worth looking out for in his own right.
                  > >

                  > I very much agree...his remix of Robert Owens "I'll Be Your Friend"
                  > makes me melt. :) Also, Sasha's remix of Up Yer Ronson's "Lost In
                  > Love" also has Dekkard behind it...worth checking out.

                  Yep, that is classic Dekkard helping out with the programming. Sasha
                  used to bring in records and say to Dekkard "I want to remix this
                  new track with this kinda feel" (or something like that, I remember
                  reading an interview with Dekkard in some US Mixmag ripoff).

                  He never really made it big which is surprising really, I think if he
                  had made more of a name for himself DJ'ing, he could have been as
                  big as Sasha & Digweed and the rest of the usual suspects.

                  Andi.
                • djhic33@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 24 5:13 PM
                    ...and his remix of "land of the living" by kristine W. it's awesome,
                    peace, Chris
                  • Gen Kanai
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 26 7:46 AM
                      Hey does anyone know about the new Tyrant mix that Distinct'ive is dropping
                      soon?
                      http://www.distinctiverecords.com/site/discography/releaseinfo2.cfm?catno=di
                      sn61

                      Also- check out the t-shirts too! I've sent them an email telling them I
                      want one of each! :)

                      Does anyone else think that the website is pretty hard to use? I can't
                      read the small text, I can't forward urls to friends because of the frames,
                      and many people who design web sites for a living know that giving people a
                      fixed window is a bad idea. (Jakob Nielsen of www.useit.com thinks so at
                      least)
                    • Crocuta
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 26 2:31 PM
                        Hello,
                        I was finally able to find the link on Distinctive's website for tour
                        dates... allbeit they don't seem to know very far in advance.. (I didn't
                        see the new york tour date there..did I miss it?)

                        > Hey does anyone know about the new Tyrant mix that Distinct'ive is dropping
                        > soon?
                        > http://www.distinctiverecords.com/site/discography/releaseinfo2.cfm?catno=di
                        > sn61
                        >
                        > Also- check out the t-shirts too! I've sent them an email telling them I
                        > want one of each! :)

                        Er.. I saw them.. they images were so small tho I couldn't tell much
                        about them :/

                        > Does anyone else think that the website is pretty hard to use?

                        LOL
                        well.. I hate to say bad things about a website that obviously had a lot
                        of effort put into it.. but.. sometimes less is more... I found it very
                        hard to use ... took me quite a while to finally get to save the .mov
                        file of If I Survive (had to go into the directories to get it since I
                        have the player, just not the plug in)...

                        > I can't
                        > read the small text, I can't forward urls to friends because of the frames,

                        That's what annoys me about frames really.. that's why it took me a bit
                        to get what I wanted from the site...

                        > and many people who design web sites for a living know that giving people a
                        > fixed window is a bad idea. (Jakob Nielsen of www.useit.com thinks so at
                        > least)

                        *nods* agreed (I prefer maximized windows when browsing myself)

                        That's just my two bits worth..

                        Now tho to save up my money to order the singles from the website ;)

                        -Crocuta