Driving at night, listening to "Morning Sci-Fi"

  • Aamir Qazi
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2004
      Greetings,

      I believe this is the first time I'm posting to the
      list, or at least I can't remember the last time I
      posted to the list, if I ever did... Anyhow, I've been
      subscribed to the HybridUK list for 3-4 years and I
      live in Milwaukee, WI.

      I tend to listen to Hybrid, Way Out West, etc.
      especially while driving at night. I usually drive to
      Chicago or Madison (WI) once a month; each trip is
      about 90 miles one way, which is perfect for listening
      to a CD in its entirety.

      During the holidays, I made a road trip to Ohio to
      visit a friend, and I listened to "Morning Sci-Fi" at
      night on I-65 in Indiana between Gary and
      Indianapolis. At night on Christmas Eve, there wasn't
      much traffic on the road, and there were hardly any
      lights along that stretch of the freeway, aside from
      the ubiquitous gas station or rest area.

      I found that I drove 10 mph faster than I usually do.
      I could barely contain myself between 80-90 mph (along
      with a few other vehicles) during that stretch of the
      trip, particularly when listening to tracks 1-6.
      ("Know Your Enemy" and "Marrakesh" are particularly
      good!)

      It's a perfect album for driving late on a dark night
      on an empty stretch of freeway, so next time you do a
      road trip at night through the countryside, pop in
      "Morning Sci-Fi" and enjoy! (PS - I don't necessarily
      endorse exceeding the speed limit by as much as I did,
      however... :)

      -Aamir
    • Drew Ressler
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2004
        Another great album to listen to during the night is Layo & Bushwacka! - Night Works.

        --Rukes
      • EvilAlivE@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2004
          In a message dated 1/7/2004 10:28:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          aamir_qazi@... writes:
          I usually drive to
          Chicago or Madison (WI) once a month;

          made that drive about eleventy billion times... usually... straight on thru
          to appleton though

          hehe
        • G3K
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2004
            I've noticed that my pedal foot responds well to "Out Of The Dark". I have to check my speed gauge every couple of minutes to make sure i'm not doing anything blatantly illegal.

            G3K