Re: Reverse Engineering Hybrid

  • rundotdll
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "nexxusix" <mikes@t...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      > Has anybody made any attempts to reverse engineer Hybrid's music from
      > Wide Angle? I have been able to make small snippets of their music in
      > my home studio, but have problems with some of the other passages.
      > Currently, is there a group effort amongst yourselves to create a
      > midi file of the first 5 tracks of Wide Angle?
      >
      > Any comments welcomed...
      >
      > -NexxuSix

      or alternately someone close enough could just ask them (hybrid) for a midi file?

      You never know...

      ---------------------
      http://www.rundll.co.uk
    • Oddball
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2004
        If you get those sorted I wouldn't mind those. Especially for some
        polyphonic ringtones for my mobile :)

        At 02:43 02/01/2004 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hi all,
        >Has anybody made any attempts to reverse engineer Hybrid's music from
        >Wide Angle? I have been able to make small snippets of their music in
        >my home studio, but have problems with some of the other passages.
        >Currently, is there a group effort amongst yourselves to create a
        >midi file of the first 5 tracks of Wide Angle?
        >
        >Any comments welcomed...
        >
        >-NexxuSix
      • nexxusix
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2004
          Who would we ask?

          I think Mike Truman and Chris Healings would probably die laughing if
          we were to ask for the files. The sheer complexity of there set up
          vs. your average home studio would be a bit overwhelming, to say the
          least. Getting the files would be about 80% of the battle for me,
          because I can program synths to no end.... The stumbling block for me
          is the drums, and some of the complex modulations used with their
          passages, like when they modulate all tracks from bars 132 through
          136 with an FM'd sine wave. Yeah.. complex stuff, but I bet if enough
          people joined the group effort, midi drummers, synth programmers,
          midi musicians... we could get something that sounds real darn close
          to what the boys are doing.....

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "rundotdll" <rundotdll@y...> wrote:
          > or alternately someone close enough could just ask them (hybrid)
          for a midi file?

          > You never know...
        • rundotdll
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2004
            Well I tried with my track...

            This aint the finished one but I'm getting there.

            http://www.janswer.plus.com/ASAP/06%20Sleeping%20Is%20Easy%20(xmas%
            20mix).mp3

            schn00p