Re: [Hybrid] hybrid in memphis

  • break beats
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2001
      here ya go.. i cannot WAIT!!

      SILVER PROMOTIONS AND DISTINCT'IVE RECORDS PROUDLY PRESENT A NIGHT OF
      DISTINCT'IVE BREAKS. WITH A SPECIAL SIX-HOUR SET BY A COLLECTIVE SHAPING
      THE PROGRESSIVE SOUND OF TOMORROW.PLEASE WELCOME TO THE MID - SOUTH

      HYBRID.INTERACTIVE
      Distinct'ive records-uk

      Mike Truman , Chris Heelings and Lee Mullins form Hybrid , A Swansea-based
      collective with designs on the future of music. Their criticaly acclaimed
      debut album," Wide Angle," will suprise anyone who thinks that dance music
      can't be clever , challenging and musically astute.Recorded with the help of
      vocals from Julee Cruise (of Twin Peaks,Fame) and Chrisse Hynde ( The
      Pretenders), as well as the Symphonic assistance of Film composer and
      Musicologist Sacha Puttnam and the Russian Federal Orchestra , " Wide Angle
      "is a beautifal strange , unpredictable, sophisticated masterpiece of
      electronic dance music that goes well beyond the usual menu of beats and
      rhythms. We are proud to be the one of the First to experience their latest
      Multi-level performance featuring Keyboards , Turntables , A Sampler and
      Various
      other electronic elements as they take us on a six hour journey through
      their unique brand of progressive breaks. ( 2AM- 8AM )

      CHAOS - Cybertribe- Little rock. ( 12 Midnight- 2 AM )

      n8 - Silver , venus Records - Memphis ( 10;30 PM -12 AM )

      JFK - Silver - Venus records - Meemphis ( 9PM - 10:30PM )

      Adavnce Tix $20.00 - $ 25.00 Day of event.

      Available @ the following locations:

      Venus Records 569 S. Highland Memphis TN 901.327.5577
      Section 8 1500 S. University Little Rock AR. 501.664.8815

      Venue - Mid-South Fairgrounds - Memphis, TN - Charles Brakefield Building.

      Directions - From Texas, Little rock , St. Louis & Illinois:Follow the
      signs to Memphis. Once you cross the Bridge that crosses over the Missippi
      River stay on the expressway until you can converge on the i-240 loop ,then
      take the Airways north exit. Follow Airways North 4.5 Miles ( Airways North
      will become E.Parkway). The Fairgrounds will be on the right.

      Event Info line: 901.327.0906

      Upcoming SILVER events :Saturday March 10th: " Alien Nation 2K1" with
      CASS(UK),DAN EFEX(CHICAGO),RALPHIE ROMANCE(NYC),ERIC B.(LITTLE ROCK)& n8
      (MEMPHIS).

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2001
        here ya go.. sorry that its all chopped up, but i gotta run..

        chris

        p.s. and YES! it's 6 hours!!