Re: [Hybrid] If I Survive - Adam's vocals on If I Survive

  • Nordicwarcry
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      I liked what Chris and Mike did technically speaking
      with the changes in the structure of the
      track...listening closely there are definitive
      variants.

      I thought Adam's vocal contribution to If I Survive
      was interesting live to see how it would reproduce.
      Its hard really to be a convert in a six-minute span
      from the vibe and feel of the original.

      I would have liked a bit more aggression on his part
      in the vocal role. A vocal tweak may have done the
      trick in certain parts. An aggressive instrumental
      would have carried the appropriate expected weight.
      There is no crime in that.

      You can't redo a classic overnight and expect full
      allegiance from its followers.....but I'm sure it will
      grow with us in time.

      Otherwise, what he did vocally on the tracks he helped
      produce were brilliant....True to Form was absolutely
      chilling to hear live...