Re: [Hybrid] If I Survive - Adam's vocals (was: re: new album)

  • Sandman0019@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2003
      I thought it was quite well done as well. Though I
      much prefer female singing the track but Adam did a
      good job IMHO.

      Sandy

      --- Philip H <hybridshot@...> wrote:
      > >(Skipping Adam's "If I Survive", of course... :-P)
      >

      > What do u mean "of course"?! I think the version is
      > brill! I think I seem to
      > be the only one who actually likes Adams vocals on
      > "If I survive".
      >
      > Phil
    • georgette booger
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
        i like it both ways, but there is something about adam that makes me feel so much better with the song...hehehe...and live, what are the going to do , bring a chick along for them to do once song? its one of their best tracks, which is why they played it, and i as a dj, continue to drop it, so whats the problem with adam singing it? i thought when i saw them in detroit he had the same passion in his voice, if not more, than the female voice did and thats the important thing

        "Sandman0019@..." <sandman0019@...> wrote:I thought it was quite >well done as well. Though I
        >much prefer female singing the track but Adam did a
        >good job IMHO.
        >
        >Sandy
      • Nordicwarcry
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
          I liked what Chris and Mike did technically speaking
          with the changes in the structure of the
          track...listening closely there are definitive
          variants.

          I thought Adam's vocal contribution to If I Survive
          was interesting live to see how it would reproduce.
          Its hard really to be a convert in a six-minute span
          from the vibe and feel of the original.

          I would have liked a bit more aggression on his part
          in the vocal role. A vocal tweak may have done the
          trick in certain parts. An aggressive instrumental
          would have carried the appropriate expected weight.
          There is no crime in that.

          You can't redo a classic overnight and expect full
          allegiance from its followers.....but I'm sure it will
          grow with us in time.

          Otherwise, what he did vocally on the tracks he helped
          produce were brilliant....True to Form was absolutely
          chilling to hear live...