Re: [Hybrid] new album

  • James Wilson
    Message 1 of 45 , Nov 28, 2003
      I beg to differ on this one fellow hybrid fans as blackout is stylish track
      which ends the album splendidly

      >Opposite for me. :-/ "No electricity" just makes me giggle every time I
      >hear it. Poor girl. She has a nice voice but she's given such crap to
      >sing.
      >
      >And I (heart) the strings much in the backing of that track. They sound
      >even better on the Maida Vale recording, which I've taken to listening to
      >nearly as much as MS-F. (Skipping Adam's "If I Survive", of course... :-P)
      >
      >G3K
    • Russell Vint
      Message 45 of 45 , Dec 12, 2003
        I finally got the album and have to say I like blackout.

        I'm glad they included trumpets in the album, albeit on the secret track.
        Normally I don't like trumpets but Hybrid mix them in really well.

        I like the inclusion of the electric and acoustic guitar on some tracks
        too. And I'm glad they didn't go overboard with the strings.

        All in all I'm impressed.. I haven't had the chance to listen to it on my
        systems yet, because I'm having my room plastered, and my car is playing
        up... I can't wait to though :o) At the moment I'm listening to it on tinny
        computer speakers.

        Russ