Re: [Hybrid] Atlanta show.....disappointed :-(

  • Brett
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 28, 2003
      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
      > live show is about an hour always...
      >
      > its a lot of work man... 3-4 hours? not live.. dj perhaps

      They didnt even do a DJ set. Just a 1hr live set. Ian James took over
      the turn tables after Hybrid Live set. Owell maybe they'll do better
      next time.
    • georgette booger
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
        because hybrid isnt a metal band...there are synths and programming that is difficult to just recreate all live and sh*t....why are you kids complaining the least bit about the hybrid show? i saw em in detroit and i thought i was going to cry it was so perfect....left me speechless the rest of the night...and weekend...
        anyone can spin a record...hybrid brought it to a new level and all i keep seeing is you kids bitching about them not playing longer...well you know, they didnt have to leave the uk, they didnt have to put as much effort into planning a set either...yeah some acts are longer, but i have yet to go to any concert where the act was longer than an hour...except when i saw black sabbath the first time, hell hes headlineing ozzfest, he still only does an hour....

        Brett <blykins@...> wrote:
        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
        >> live show is about an hour always...
        >>
        >> its a lot of work man... 3-4 hours? not live.. dj perhaps
        >
        >Alot of work maybe for them, but other live bands like red hot chili
        >pepppers, metallica, korn, etc., they all play for 3-4hrs and do a
        >great job at it, i just dont see why Hybrid couldn't do the same.
      • coden11
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
          You didnt stay around long enough cause Ian spun for about an hour
          before Mike and Chris took over the decks and rocked it! I left at
          about 4:00 and they were tagging with Ian and still going strong.

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Brett" <blykins@m...> wrote:
          > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
          > > live show is about an hour always...
          > >
          > > its a lot of work man... 3-4 hours? not live.. dj perhaps
          >
          > They didnt even do a DJ set. Just a 1hr live set. Ian James took
          over
          > the turn tables after Hybrid Live set. Owell maybe they'll do
          better
          > next time.
        • Brett
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
            >--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, georgette booger
            >djsparklez_420@y...> wrote:
            > because hybrid isnt a metal band...there are synths and programming
            >that is difficult to just recreate all live and sh*t....why are you
            >kids complaining the least bit about the hybrid show? i saw em in
            >detroit and i thought i was going to cry it was so perfect....left me
            >speechless the rest of the night...and weekend...
            > anyone can spin a record...hybrid brought it to a new level and all
            >i keep seeing is you kids bitching about them not playing
            >longer...well you know, they didnt have to leave the uk, they didnt
            >have to put as much effort into planning a set either...yeah some
            >acts are longer, but i have yet to go to any concert where the act
            >was longer than an hour...except when i saw black sabbath the first
            >time, hell hes headlineing ozzfest, he still only does an hour....
            >
            > Brett <blykins@m...> wrote:
            > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
            > >> live show is about an hour always...
            > >>
            > >> its a lot of work man... 3-4 hours? not live.. dj perhaps
            > >
            > >Alot of work maybe for them, but other live bands like red hot
            chili
            > >pepppers, metallica, korn, etc., they all play for 3-4hrs and do a
            > >great job at it, i just dont see why Hybrid couldn't do the same.

            Ozzy is also in his 60's. Hybrid is full of younger members who I
            know have the energy to play a 3hr live set. They need to work on
            stamina.
          • Brett
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, dcraig@n... wrote:
              > I got a zero hour show...
              >
              > Dan

              Huh? What do u mean you get a zero hour show? I dont understand.
            • Daniel Santillo
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
                It means be happy and appreciative of what you did get for a show cuz a lot of people got zilch,zip, nada

                Dan

              • B
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
                  or when we do get some sort of show by any big DJ its on a FRIKKIN
                  Wednesday!!!!!

                  hehe.. Dan will understand

                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Santillo" <tyrantanic@m...>
                  wrote:
                  > It means be happy and appreciative of what you did get for a show
                  cuz a lot of people got zilch,zip, nada

                  > Dan

                • Daniel Craig
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
                    Brett wrote:

                    >--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, dcraig@n... wrote:
                    >

                    >>I got a zero hour show...
                    >>
                    >>Dan

                    I mean they didn't come to, or remotely near my state. Be glad you got
                    to see them perform live at all.

                    Dan
                  • Alan Duval