Re: Atlanta show.....disappointed :-(

  • Brett
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 28, 2003
      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
      > live show is about an hour always...
      >
      > its a lot of work man... 3-4 hours? not live.. dj perhaps

      Alot of work maybe for them, but other live bands like red hot chili
      pepppers, metallica, korn, etc., they all play for 3-4hrs and do a
      great job at it, i just dont see why Hybrid couldn't do the same.
    • Brett
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 28, 2003
        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
        > live show is about an hour always...
        >
        > its a lot of work man... 3-4 hours? not live.. dj perhaps

        They didnt even do a DJ set. Just a 1hr live set. Ian James took over
        the turn tables after Hybrid Live set. Owell maybe they'll do better
        next time.
      • georgette booger
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
          because hybrid isnt a metal band...there are synths and programming that is difficult to just recreate all live and sh*t....why are you kids complaining the least bit about the hybrid show? i saw em in detroit and i thought i was going to cry it was so perfect....left me speechless the rest of the night...and weekend...
          anyone can spin a record...hybrid brought it to a new level and all i keep seeing is you kids bitching about them not playing longer...well you know, they didnt have to leave the uk, they didnt have to put as much effort into planning a set either...yeah some acts are longer, but i have yet to go to any concert where the act was longer than an hour...except when i saw black sabbath the first time, hell hes headlineing ozzfest, he still only does an hour....

          Brett <blykins@...> wrote:
          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
          >> live show is about an hour always...
          >>
          >> its a lot of work man... 3-4 hours? not live.. dj perhaps
          >
          >Alot of work maybe for them, but other live bands like red hot chili
          >pepppers, metallica, korn, etc., they all play for 3-4hrs and do a
          >great job at it, i just dont see why Hybrid couldn't do the same.
        • coden11
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
            You didnt stay around long enough cause Ian spun for about an hour
            before Mike and Chris took over the decks and rocked it! I left at
            about 4:00 and they were tagging with Ian and still going strong.

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Brett" <blykins@m...> wrote:
            > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
            > > live show is about an hour always...
            > >
            > > its a lot of work man... 3-4 hours? not live.. dj perhaps
            >
            > They didnt even do a DJ set. Just a 1hr live set. Ian James took
            over
            > the turn tables after Hybrid Live set. Owell maybe they'll do
            better
            > next time.
          • Brett
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
              >--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, georgette booger
              >djsparklez_420@y...> wrote:
              > because hybrid isnt a metal band...there are synths and programming
              >that is difficult to just recreate all live and sh*t....why are you
              >kids complaining the least bit about the hybrid show? i saw em in
              >detroit and i thought i was going to cry it was so perfect....left me
              >speechless the rest of the night...and weekend...
              > anyone can spin a record...hybrid brought it to a new level and all
              >i keep seeing is you kids bitching about them not playing
              >longer...well you know, they didnt have to leave the uk, they didnt
              >have to put as much effort into planning a set either...yeah some
              >acts are longer, but i have yet to go to any concert where the act
              >was longer than an hour...except when i saw black sabbath the first
              >time, hell hes headlineing ozzfest, he still only does an hour....
              >
              > Brett <blykins@m...> wrote:
              > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
              > >> live show is about an hour always...
              > >>
              > >> its a lot of work man... 3-4 hours? not live.. dj perhaps
              > >
              > >Alot of work maybe for them, but other live bands like red hot
              chili
              > >pepppers, metallica, korn, etc., they all play for 3-4hrs and do a
              > >great job at it, i just dont see why Hybrid couldn't do the same.

              Ozzy is also in his 60's. Hybrid is full of younger members who I
              know have the energy to play a 3hr live set. They need to work on
              stamina.
            • Brett
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, dcraig@n... wrote:
                > I got a zero hour show...
                >
                > Dan

                Huh? What do u mean you get a zero hour show? I dont understand.
              • Daniel Santillo
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
                  It means be happy and appreciative of what you did get for a show cuz a lot of people got zilch,zip, nada

                  Dan

                • B
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
                    or when we do get some sort of show by any big DJ its on a FRIKKIN
                    Wednesday!!!!!

                    hehe.. Dan will understand

                    --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Santillo" <tyrantanic@m...>
                    wrote:
                    > It means be happy and appreciative of what you did get for a show
                    cuz a lot of people got zilch,zip, nada

                    > Dan

                  • Daniel Craig
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
                      Brett wrote:

                      >--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, dcraig@n... wrote:
                      >

                      >>I got a zero hour show...
                      >>
                      >>Dan

                      I mean they didn't come to, or remotely near my state. Be glad you got
                      to see them perform live at all.

                      Dan
                    • Alan Duval