Re: [Hybrid] Atlanta show.....disappointed :-(

  • dcraig@nmt.edu
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 28, 2003
      I got a zero hour show...

      Dan
    • Brett
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 28, 2003
        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
        > live show is about an hour always...
        >
        > its a lot of work man... 3-4 hours? not live.. dj perhaps

        Alot of work maybe for them, but other live bands like red hot chili
        pepppers, metallica, korn, etc., they all play for 3-4hrs and do a
        great job at it, i just dont see why Hybrid couldn't do the same.
      • Brett
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 28, 2003
          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
          > live show is about an hour always...
          >
          > its a lot of work man... 3-4 hours? not live.. dj perhaps

          They didnt even do a DJ set. Just a 1hr live set. Ian James took over
          the turn tables after Hybrid Live set. Owell maybe they'll do better
          next time.
        • georgette booger
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
            because hybrid isnt a metal band...there are synths and programming that is difficult to just recreate all live and sh*t....why are you kids complaining the least bit about the hybrid show? i saw em in detroit and i thought i was going to cry it was so perfect....left me speechless the rest of the night...and weekend...
            anyone can spin a record...hybrid brought it to a new level and all i keep seeing is you kids bitching about them not playing longer...well you know, they didnt have to leave the uk, they didnt have to put as much effort into planning a set either...yeah some acts are longer, but i have yet to go to any concert where the act was longer than an hour...except when i saw black sabbath the first time, hell hes headlineing ozzfest, he still only does an hour....

            Brett <blykins@...> wrote:
            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
            >> live show is about an hour always...
            >>
            >> its a lot of work man... 3-4 hours? not live.. dj perhaps
            >
            >Alot of work maybe for them, but other live bands like red hot chili
            >pepppers, metallica, korn, etc., they all play for 3-4hrs and do a
            >great job at it, i just dont see why Hybrid couldn't do the same.
          • coden11
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
              You didnt stay around long enough cause Ian spun for about an hour
              before Mike and Chris took over the decks and rocked it! I left at
              about 4:00 and they were tagging with Ian and still going strong.

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Brett" <blykins@m...> wrote:
              > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
              > > live show is about an hour always...
              > >
              > > its a lot of work man... 3-4 hours? not live.. dj perhaps
              >
              > They didnt even do a DJ set. Just a 1hr live set. Ian James took
              over
              > the turn tables after Hybrid Live set. Owell maybe they'll do
              better
              > next time.
            • Brett
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
                >--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, georgette booger
                >djsparklez_420@y...> wrote:
                > because hybrid isnt a metal band...there are synths and programming
                >that is difficult to just recreate all live and sh*t....why are you
                >kids complaining the least bit about the hybrid show? i saw em in
                >detroit and i thought i was going to cry it was so perfect....left me
                >speechless the rest of the night...and weekend...
                > anyone can spin a record...hybrid brought it to a new level and all
                >i keep seeing is you kids bitching about them not playing
                >longer...well you know, they didnt have to leave the uk, they didnt
                >have to put as much effort into planning a set either...yeah some
                >acts are longer, but i have yet to go to any concert where the act
                >was longer than an hour...except when i saw black sabbath the first
                >time, hell hes headlineing ozzfest, he still only does an hour....
                >
                > Brett <blykins@m...> wrote:
                > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
                > >> live show is about an hour always...
                > >>
                > >> its a lot of work man... 3-4 hours? not live.. dj perhaps
                > >
                > >Alot of work maybe for them, but other live bands like red hot
                chili
                > >pepppers, metallica, korn, etc., they all play for 3-4hrs and do a
                > >great job at it, i just dont see why Hybrid couldn't do the same.

                Ozzy is also in his 60's. Hybrid is full of younger members who I
                know have the energy to play a 3hr live set. They need to work on
                stamina.
              • Brett
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 1, 2003
                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, dcraig@n... wrote:
                  > I got a zero hour show...
                  >
                  > Dan

                  Huh? What do u mean you get a zero hour show? I dont understand.
                • Daniel Santillo
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
                    It means be happy and appreciative of what you did get for a show cuz a lot of people got zilch,zip, nada

                    Dan

                  • B
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
                      or when we do get some sort of show by any big DJ its on a FRIKKIN
                      Wednesday!!!!!

                      hehe.. Dan will understand

                      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Santillo" <tyrantanic@m...>
                      wrote:
                      > It means be happy and appreciative of what you did get for a show
                      cuz a lot of people got zilch,zip, nada

                      > Dan

                    • Daniel Craig
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
                        Brett wrote:

                        >--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, dcraig@n... wrote:
                        >

                        >>I got a zero hour show...
                        >>
                        >>Dan

                        I mean they didn't come to, or remotely near my state. Be glad you got
                        to see them perform live at all.

                        Dan
                      • Alan Duval