If I Survive - Adam's vocals (was: re: new album)

  • Philip H
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2003
      >(Skipping Adam's "If I Survive", of course... :-P)

      What do u mean "of course"?! I think the version is brill! I think I seem to
      be the only one who actually likes Adams vocals on "If I survive".

      Phil
    • Sandman0019@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2003
        I thought it was quite well done as well. Though I
        much prefer female singing the track but Adam did a
        good job IMHO.

        Sandy

        --- Philip H <hybridshot@...> wrote:
        > >(Skipping Adam's "If I Survive", of course... :-P)
        >

        > What do u mean "of course"?! I think the version is
        > brill! I think I seem to
        > be the only one who actually likes Adams vocals on
        > "If I survive".
        >
        > Phil
      • georgette booger
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
          i like it both ways, but there is something about adam that makes me feel so much better with the song...hehehe...and live, what are the going to do , bring a chick along for them to do once song? its one of their best tracks, which is why they played it, and i as a dj, continue to drop it, so whats the problem with adam singing it? i thought when i saw them in detroit he had the same passion in his voice, if not more, than the female voice did and thats the important thing

          "Sandman0019@..." <sandman0019@...> wrote:I thought it was quite >well done as well. Though I
          >much prefer female singing the track but Adam did a
          >good job IMHO.
          >
          >Sandy
        • Nordicwarcry
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
            I liked what Chris and Mike did technically speaking
            with the changes in the structure of the
            track...listening closely there are definitive
            variants.

            I thought Adam's vocal contribution to If I Survive
            was interesting live to see how it would reproduce.
            Its hard really to be a convert in a six-minute span
            from the vibe and feel of the original.

            I would have liked a bit more aggression on his part
            in the vocal role. A vocal tweak may have done the
            trick in certain parts. An aggressive instrumental
            would have carried the appropriate expected weight.
            There is no crime in that.

            You can't redo a classic overnight and expect full
            allegiance from its followers.....but I'm sure it will
            grow with us in time.

            Otherwise, what he did vocally on the tracks he helped
            produce were brilliant....True to Form was absolutely
            chilling to hear live...