Atlanta show.....disappointed :-(

  • Brett
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2003
      Well I just got back from the Atlanta show at The Riveria. It was a
      great show but.......they only did a 1hour live set. I really thought
      itd be a 3-4hr set, instead we got 1hr. How long have the other shows
      been on this tour? Are they all 1hr? Hybrid still rules even though
      they only played for an hour. Anyone else go to this show? Thoughts?
      Brett
    • D. L. Osiecki
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 28, 2003
        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Brett" <blykins@m...> wrote:
        > Well I just got back from the Atlanta show at The Riveria. It was a
        > great show but.......they only did a 1hour live set. I really thought
        > itd be a 3-4hr set, instead we got 1hr. How long have the other shows
        > been on this tour? Are they all 1hr? Hybrid still rules even though
        > they only played for an hour. Anyone else go to this show? Thoughts?

        I do have to admit that I agree. The last time they were in the ATL
        (pimpin' Wide Angle with Moby that time) the show was most definately
        longer, and therefore better. Most especially disappointing, they cut
        short their live version of Symphony, the closing number. I really
        wanted that one to build it up and tear it down at least 2 or 3 times.

        Now, that isn't to say it wasn't a great show! I have been waiting to
        hear all the Mornin' Sci-Fi material live, and it did not disappoint!
        The new setup with male lead vocals was quite a twist, I must admit.
        Unfortunately, this means there were none of the classic tracks from
        WA with female leads, and that made me a touch sad.

        It was really great to see a nice little group of people really
        rocking their asses off to some fantastic live music. I can only pray
        that I get to see the boys again in another two years.

        Only one hour, but an hour of pure perfection.