- Hello all, Hybrid will be out next month with a new single: Kid 2000 featuring Chrissie Hynde from the Pretenders. The tune was commissioned for theMessage 1 of 6 , Apr 23, 2000View SourceHello all,
Hybrid will be out next month with a new single: "Kid 2000" featuring
Chrissie Hynde from the Pretenders.
The tune was commissioned for the soundtrack of the film "Kevin & Perry
Go Large" which hit UK theatres on April 21st, butit will also be
released as a single May 15th on Distinctive/Virgin, with additional
trance mixes by Kayestone and Hybrid themselves.
"Chrissie was absolutely wicked, she did it in one take. We were quite
nervous about what she would think because we totally stripped the
guitars off her track and did our own take on it, but she was really
into it," Mike Truman from Hybrid told NME.com.
Chrissie Hynde will join Hybrid onstage to perform "Kid 2000" at the
Homelands England festival, which takes place May 27th-28th at the Bowl,
Matterly Estate, Nr Winchester, Hampshire, UK.
You can listen to "Kid 2000" in streaming RealAudio now exclusively on Breaksworld.com.
Click on Music to hear Hybrid feat. Chrissie Hynde: Kid 2000 (original mix)
Click on Reviews to hear the Hybrid remix of Monk & Canatella: Enter the Monk
- Reply to: RE: Kid 2000 ... Well that would be lovely Ally! The promised Hybrid interview on Breaksworld is still not here because the lads have beenMessage 2 of 6 , May 11, 2000View SourceReply to: RE: Kid 2000
> From: "Ally Shuttleworth" <ally@...>Well that would be lovely Ally!
>Subject: Re: Kid2000
>Top site - I must add it to the link at the bottom of these posts.
The promised Hybrid interview on Breaksworld is still not here because
the lads have been slacking! Or, hmmm, they've been too busy in the studio
or sumting. However I'm on the case. And in the meantime I'm also working
on an interview with Terminalhead, the fabulous duo who host the breaks
room at Bedrock.
I'll have a proper review of Kid 2000 up on Breaksworld.com in a day or
two (yes I have been slacking too but the weather's so nice!)
- It wasn t till today that I ve been able to buy the new single (on vinyl and CD od course!). I haven t listened to it yet, but I ll comment on the mixes later.Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2000View SourceIt wasn't till today that I've been able to buy the new single (on
vinyl and CD od course!).
I haven't listened to it yet, but I'll comment on the mixes later.
Not as many mixes from the guys as usual....?
Here's a review of the single from Dotmusic.co.uk:
No. 32 - KID 2000 (Hybrid featuring Chrissie Hynde)
The current trend for dance records made out of the most obscure
sources possible continues with what some people may regard as its
zenith. This much talked about single sees none other than Chrissie
Hynde give her blessing and new vocals to a high speed trance
reworking of the Pretenders' 1979 hit single. All I can say is that
she must have needed the money as a less worthy dance remake you
would be hard pressed to find, even if the single actually manages to
beat the peak of the original by one place. Still the collaboration
has been taken a step further, Hybrid actually joining her onstage on
the festival circuit. This single marks the first Top 40 appearance
for Hybrid who had two minor chart singles last year. Funnily enough
this isn't the first time Chrissie Hynde has taken a step into the
world of dance music, her vocals gracing Moodswings' reworking of
State Of Independence which staggered to Number 47 in 1993, two years
after it was recorded.
- ... Really?! I thought Finished Symphony and If I Survive both got into the Top 40... was I wrong? If they didn t, how well _did_ they do? Stuart. --Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2000View SourceOn Fri 02 Jun, Ally Shuttleworth wrote:
> This single marks the first Top 40 appearance for HybridReally?!
I thought "Finished Symphony" and "If I Survive" both got into the Top
40... was I wrong? If they didn't, how well _did_ they do?
- ... Kid 2000 is more of a remix then a cover to me, after all its only the words they reuse, maybe they called it a cover cuz they got her to resing theMessage 5 of 6 , May 15, 2003View Source
> My brother was referring to the fact that youKid 2000 is more of a remix then a cover to me, after all its only the words
>still reply to this list even though Hybrid released a cover
>to Kid just after Wide Angle was released, and you continue
>to listen to them today.
they reuse, maybe they called it a cover cuz they got her to resing the
vocals?.....Anyone else heard the original 'kid' by the pretenders? did you
have nightmares for weeks after like me? :P