Kid 2000

  • aras
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23 4:40 AM
      Hello all,

      Hybrid will be out next month with a new single: "Kid 2000" featuring
      Chrissie Hynde from the Pretenders.

      The tune was commissioned for the soundtrack of the film "Kevin & Perry
      Go Large" which hit UK theatres on April 21st, butit will also be
      released as a single May 15th on Distinctive/Virgin, with additional
      trance mixes by Kayestone and Hybrid themselves.

      "Chrissie was absolutely wicked, she did it in one take. We were quite
      nervous about what she would think because we totally stripped the
      guitars off her track and did our own take on it, but she was really
      into it," Mike Truman from Hybrid told NME.com.

      Chrissie Hynde will join Hybrid onstage to perform "Kid 2000" at the
      Homelands England festival, which takes place May 27th-28th at the Bowl,
      Matterly Estate, Nr Winchester, Hampshire, UK.

      You can listen to "Kid 2000" in streaming RealAudio now exclusively on Breaksworld.com.
      Click on Music to hear Hybrid feat. Chrissie Hynde: Kid 2000 (original mix)
      Click on Reviews to hear the Hybrid remix of Monk & Canatella: Enter the Monk

      http://www.breaksworld.com/

      Enjoy!
      Aras
      aras@...
    • aras
      Message 2 of 6 , May 11, 2000
        Reply to: RE: Kid 2000

        > From: "Ally Shuttleworth" <ally@...>
        >Subject: Re: Kid2000
        >
        >It's:
        >
        >http://www.breaksworld.com/
        >
        >Top site - I must add it to the link at the bottom of these posts.

        Well that would be lovely Ally!

        The promised Hybrid interview on Breaksworld is still not here because
        the lads have been slacking! Or, hmmm, they've been too busy in the studio
        or sumting. However I'm on the case. And in the meantime I'm also working
        on an interview with Terminalhead, the fabulous duo who host the breaks
        room at Bedrock.

        I'll have a proper review of Kid 2000 up on Breaksworld.com in a day or
        two (yes I have been slacking too but the weather's so nice!)

        Bye all,
        Aras
        aras@...
      • Ally Shuttleworth
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2000
          It wasn't till today that I've been able to buy the new single (on
          vinyl and CD od course!).
          I haven't listened to it yet, but I'll comment on the mixes later.
          Not as many mixes from the guys as usual....?

          Here's a review of the single from Dotmusic.co.uk:

          No. 32 - KID 2000 (Hybrid featuring Chrissie Hynde)

          The current trend for dance records made out of the most obscure
          sources possible continues with what some people may regard as its
          zenith. This much talked about single sees none other than Chrissie
          Hynde give her blessing and new vocals to a high speed trance
          reworking of the Pretenders' 1979 hit single. All I can say is that
          she must have needed the money as a less worthy dance remake you
          would be hard pressed to find, even if the single actually manages to
          beat the peak of the original by one place. Still the collaboration
          has been taken a step further, Hybrid actually joining her onstage on
          the festival circuit. This single marks the first Top 40 appearance
          for Hybrid who had two minor chart singles last year. Funnily enough
          this isn't the first time Chrissie Hynde has taken a step into the
          world of dance music, her vocals gracing Moodswings' reworking of
          State Of Independence which staggered to Number 47 in 1993, two years
          after it was recorded.
        • Stuart Bruce
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2000
            On Fri 02 Jun, Ally Shuttleworth wrote:
            > This single marks the first Top 40 appearance for Hybrid

            Really?!

            I thought "Finished Symphony" and "If I Survive" both got into the Top
            40... was I wrong? If they didn't, how well _did_ they do?

            Stuart.

            --
            Stuart Bruce
            stuart@...
            Message 5 of 6 , May 15, 2003
              > My brother was referring to the fact that you
              >still reply to this list even though Hybrid released a cover
              >to Kid just after Wide Angle was released, and you continue
              >to listen to them today.

              >Dan

              Kid 2000 is more of a remix then a cover to me, after all its only the words
              they reuse, maybe they called it a cover cuz they got her to resing the
              vocals?.....Anyone else heard the original 'kid' by the pretenders? did you
              have nightmares for weeks after like me? :P