Re: [Hybrid] DJ Mag Poll winners

  • RICHARD LUND
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2003
      Ok...

      I can almost understand the top 10... possibly... with a lot of drinks in me...

      Putting Oakenfold (man of a 1000 train wrecks) into the top 10 makes me cringe...

      Wonder who is actually putting together this magazine...

      And Hybrid at 52 ?!?!?!?!?!

      They are WAY better Dj's than that...

      WAY better than Jokenfold in my opinion...

      And what's BT doing on this list ??...

      Hasn't he screamed for years " I AM NOT A DJ"

      I think there's a lot to be said for this top 100 Dj's...

      But that's just my opinion..

      Rick

    • ally@hybrid-group.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 31, 2003
        That's pretty much word-for-word what the replies were to this poll
        last time (except Hybrid were at number 91).

        Ally

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "RICHARD LUND" <_schwa_@m...> wrote:
        > Ok...
        >
        > I can almost understand the top 10... possibly... with a lot of
        drinks in me...

        > Putting Oakenfold (man of a 1000 train wrecks) into the top 10
        makes me cringe...

        > Wonder who is actually putting together this magazine...
        >
        > And Hybrid at 52 ?!?!?!?!?!
        >
        > They are WAY better Dj's than that...
        >
        > WAY better than Jokenfold in my opinion...
        >
        > And what's BT doing on this list ??...
        >
        > Hasn't he screamed for years " I AM NOT A DJ"
        >
        > I think there's a lot to be said for this top 100 Dj's...
        >
        > But that's just my opinion..
        >
        > Rick
      • Daniel Craig
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2003
          >And what's BT doing on this list ??...
          >
          >Hasn't he screamed for years " I AM NOT A DJ"
          >
          >I think there's a lot to be said for this top 100 Dj's...
          >
          >But that's just my opinion..
          >
          >Rick

          Actually, he does do a bit of DJ'ing now. He used to scream that back
          in the last 90's/and 2000, but he finally decided to touc some decks
          (and make some spectacular trainwrecks as well.)

          Dan
        • Antti Mutta
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2003
            Well, I think there are far better bands than the ones listed on Billboard
            Top 100 or whatever. Never trust the public when it comes to judging quality
            :) I mean, Evanescence being at top 10 or even on the list or even anywhere?
            What's going on? HELP! Tiesto is just popular, not good...

            -antti

            > And Hybrid at 52 ?!?!?!?!?!
            > They are WAY better Dj's than that...
            > WAY better than Jokenfold in my opinion...
            > And what's BT doing on this list ??...
            > Hasn't he screamed for years " I AM NOT A DJ"
            > I think there's a lot to be said for this top 100 Dj's...
            > But that's just my opinion..
            > Rick
          • Drew Ressler
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2003
              Check out the recent news update on www.ishkur.com :)

              ---------------------

              October 30, twenty-oh-three
              DJ Mag has released their yearly list of the top100 DJs! Let's see who they are:

              1 Tiesto
              2 Paul Van Dyk
              3 Armin Van Buuren
              4 Sasha
              5 John Digweed
              6 Ferry Corsten
              7 Carl Cox
              8 Paul Oakenfold
              9 Judge Jules

              I'm not going any further. People, this list f*cking sucks. These aren't DJs, these are attention whores who do a really good job
              marketing themselves as DJs. What the hell is the matter with you fools? 8 out of the top 10 guys play the exact same music, its not
              like you can tell the difference. Stupid popularity contest. DJ Mag, I'm ashamed of you.

              This just goes to show that we as a society should never entrust power into the hands of the people.

              --Rukes
            • BennyX
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2003
                >8 out of the top 10 guys play the exact same music,
                >its not like you can tell the difference.
                >Stupid popularity contest.

                Methinks you have no idea who Carl Cox is.