Synth question

  • Raoul
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 26, 2003
      Does anyone know what synth/softsynth Hybrid use for that classic
      chunky bass sound thats in many of their tracks ?
    • Mike Henderson
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2003
        I believe a fair bit of the grumbly, growly basslines come from a Korg
        Triton, and possibly the Nord Mod. The Triton produces some amazing low-end
        rumble, though it is heavily used these days so the sound may be becoming a
        bit tired.

        Mike

        > Does anyone know what synth/softsynth Hybrid use for that classic
        > chunky bass sound thats in many of their tracks ?
      • Elizabeth Wheeler
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 29, 2003
          They also have a motif and V-synth.Jp8000 which is defiently capable of producing bass

          Mike Henderson <myq@...> wrote:
          >I believe a fair bit of the grumbly, >growly basslines come from a Korg
          >Triton, and possibly the Nord Mod. The Triton produces some amazing low-end
          >rumble, though it is heavily used these days so the sound may be becoming a
          >bit tired.
          >
          >Mike
          >
          >> Does anyone know what synth/softsynth Hybrid use for that classic
          >> chunky bass sound thats in many of their tracks ?
        • Jason Parker
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
            > From: "Raoul" <raoul9@...>

            > Does anyone know what synth/softsynth Hybrid use for that classic
            > chunky bass sound thats in many of their tracks ?

            I dont know much about kit....so i may have the wrong piece entirely....but i
            thought it was a korg triton?