RE: [Hybrid] T-shirts

  • AP - Nick Bower
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2003
      Good work Rick, that's what I like to see...a bit of creativity :) Acually, whilst we're talking about 'We Are In Control', last weekend I had the pleasure of listening to this track via a brand new flagship separates system and a pair of prototype £10,000 (yes you read it right!) floor standing performance speakers.

      To say it sounded stunning would be the understatement of the year! Jaw dropping. Shame we can't all have a system like this to listen to Morning Sci Fi on. lol

      :)

      Nick

    • Antti Mutta
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2003
        Yes, that system probably is a whole lot bettern than a say, £5000 or even
        £15000 system. Even the cables matter - the more expensive, the better it
        seems to sound, or then not.

        -antti

        > Good work Rick, that's what I like to see...a bit of creativity :)
        Acually, whilst we're talking about 'We Are In Control', last weekend I had
        the pleasure of listening to this track via a brand new flagship separates
        system and a pair of prototype £10,000 (yes you read it right!) floor
        standing performance speakers.

        > To say it sounded stunning would be the understatement of the year! Jaw
        dropping. Shame we can't all have a system like this to listen to Morning
        Sci Fi on. lol

        > :)
        >
        > Nick
      • BennyX
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2003
          > Yes, that system probably is a whole lot bettern than a say, £5000 or even
          > £15000 system. Even the cables matter - the more expensive, the better it
          > seems to sound, or then not.

          They better be 99.99% oxygen free as well! Oddly enough most studios I've
          worked in use a really wide guage electrical cable to connect speakers to
          amps, costs about 20p a metre and is normally used to connect domestic
          cookers up to the mains.
        • Richard Wilson
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2003
            I'd have done the same if I was still in me old HiFi shop. These
            days I have to make do with watching the DVD on a £20k projection
            system. :D

            And a cheapo mutliroom system :(

            Rick W.

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "AP - Nick Bower" <nickb@a...> wrote:
            > Good work Rick, that's what I like to see...a bit of creativity :)
            Acually, whilst we're talking about 'We Are In Control', last weekend
            I had the pleasure of listening to this track via a brand new
            flagship separates system and a pair of prototype £10,000 (yes you
            read it right!) floor standing performance speakers.

            > To say it sounded stunning would be the understatement of the year!
            Jaw dropping. Shame we can't all have a system like this to listen to
            Morning Sci Fi on. lol

            > :)
            >
            > Nick

          • Antti Mutta
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1, 2003
              Yes, yes, whatever floats yer boat I guess :) The cables that are almost
              oxygen free seem, to me at least, to come with a sticker "no brains needed
              when buying, just the golden American Express". Might be only me who sees
              these stickers, though.

              -antti

              > They better be 99.99% oxygen free as well! Oddly enough most studios I've
              > worked in use a really wide guage electrical cable to connect speakers to
              > amps, costs about 20p a metre and is normally used to connect domestic
              > cookers up to the mains.
            • arfiem
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 1, 2003
                >And a cheapo mutliroom system :(

                Damn - I can't do a "hilarious" Mutley impression by email.

                Just imagine I've done a very good impression of his snigger. Thanks.
              • James Warren
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2003
                  I listen to Morning Sci-fi on a Lexicon MC-8, 7.1 system and to say it
                  sounds stunning is an understatement. It is so richly layered and
                  textured, particularly with the symphony parts. To coin a phrase 'I Just
                  Can't Get Enough'.

                  James

                • Philip H
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 3, 2003
                    On the note of t-shirts:
                    Does anyone here (and im pleading!) know where to buy the Drunknmunky
                    t-shirt Adam is wearing on the front of DJ Mag from about 3 months ago or
                    something (the red t-shirt). Ive looked everywhere I cant find that exact
                    design! Its driving me crazy!
                    So if anyone knows where, please tell me

                    Phil
                  • nickbower2000
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 4, 2003
                      I remember seeing the Drunknmunky brand stocked in a few stores Phil,
                      I'm sure I saw the same shirt that Adam has - but this was a few
                      months ago. I'm not sure if you've tried this Phil but go to
                      www.drunknmunky.com - the official site, click on 'DM Brotherhood'
                      and then 'Drunknmunky Store Locator' to find shops which stock the
                      brand. You'll be pleased to hear there's plenty worldwide, so i'm
                      sure you'll either be able to track down the exact design, or
                      certainly be able to enquire if its still available.

                      Hope this helps

                      :)

                      Nick