Re: [Hybrid] Re: Sharing Sets

  • G3K
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 5, 2003
      You're probably clicking the 'stream' button instead of the 'download'
      button? That would be my guess.

      G3K

    • CPfaff17@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 5, 2003
        no, i'm not streaming them. all the other sets that i have downloaded go straight to my documents folder and are easy as hell to burn onto a cd. but for some reason, this set is not the right configuration to burn onto a cd. ??? no idea. so i'm now trying to download it onto my laptop and we'll see if it works. no dsl, hmm, gonna take hours. thanks for the input.
      • Henry
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 5, 2003
          I'm not saying that I have any sets that aren't on hybridized. I'm
          also not saying that I'm having trouble downloading those sets. I'm
          simply saying that if anyone has a set, that is not on a website,
          they should share it. thats all :)
        • Andy Grundman
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 5, 2003
            Well there is nothing different about that file when compared to any
            others. It's just a rather long URL, maybe your browser can't handle
            it? The majority of people have had no trouble getting it.

            -Andy

            CPfaff17@... wrote:

            > no, i'm not streaming them. all the other sets that i have downloaded go straight to my documents folder and are easy as hell to burn onto a cd. but for some reason, this set is not the right configuration to burn onto a cd. ??? no idea. so i'm now trying to download it onto my laptop and we'll see if it works. no dsl, hmm, gonna take hours. thanks for the input.
          • RICHARD LUND
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 5, 2003
              Takes about 5 hours without DSL line...

              And yeah I had the same problem with trying to burn it to cd...

              Just wouldn't go.

              Rick

              > no, i'm not streaming them. all the other sets that i have downloaded go >straight to my documents folder and are easy as hell to burn onto a cd. but >for some reason, this set is not the right configuration to burn onto a >cd. ??? no idea. so i'm now trying to download it onto my laptop and we'll >see if it works. no dsl, hmm, gonna take hours. thanks for the input.
            • Jonny Beadle
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 5, 2003
                I may have misunderstood but I too am experiencing problems. When I
                used to click on the download icon I used to be able to download the
                file to my hard disk for use in iTunes and on my iPod. Now the file
                downloads in another browser window and I can't save it. Once I quit my
                browser it's lost. (This is not because I'm clicking on the stream icon
                - when I do that the stream opens in iTunes)

                Can you help Andy?

                jonny

                On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 10:08 pm, Andy Grundman wrote:

                > Well there is nothing different about that file when compared to any
                > others.  It's just a rather long URL, maybe your browser can't handle
                > it?  The majority of people have had no trouble getting it.
                >
                > -Andy
              • Paul Dixon
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 5, 2003
                  CUE FILE IN FILE SECTION (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HybridUK/files/)

                  Filename: 01 - Live At Innercity (1999-11-12).cue
                • EvilAlivE@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 5, 2003
                    andy@... writes:

                    > Well there is nothing different about that file when compared to any
                    > others. It's just a rather long URL, maybe your browser can't handle
                    > it? The majority of people have had no trouble getting it.

                    i f u r stereaming these thru windows media... u can simply go to "file" and
                    save media as...

                    :)
                  • ally@hybrid-group.com
                    Message 9 of 19 , Aug 6, 2003
                      I had problems too (I don't usually)...I gave up in the end and stuck with the one on the Radio 1 site.

                      Ally
                    • pinyan
                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 6, 2003
                        looks like quite a number of people are having problems with downloading
                        this set in particular.
                        i dont know if this is going to help a lot, but here's what i can do:

                        i'll break up the cue file and the mp3 itself into a multi-volume winace
                        file, together with a self-executable. you just have to download the whole
                        set of small files then run the ".exe" and everything will be assembled
                        together into the original mp3.

                        what it means is that you dont have to worry (as much) about interrupted
                        downloads of less-than-perfect file-resumes.

                        if you have a sucky connection like mine, you'll understand the problems i
                        get when i try to download (or upload) hour-long mp3s, and get file-resume
                        problems when the transfers are interrupted. i personally find it easier to
                        d/l or u/l multiple small files than one large file. at least i dont have
                        to bang my head on the table when i realise that i'm unable to do a
                        file-resume (and have to re-do the whole file)

                        let me know if you think this will help you get a working copy of that set.
                        email me privately and i'll tell you how to contact me on slsk or icq.

                        At 04:49 PM 8/6/03, ally@... wrote:
                        >I had problems too (I don't usually)...I gave up in the end and stuck with
                        >the one on the Radio 1 site.
                        >
                        >Ally
                      • Andy Grundman
                        Message 11 of 19 , Aug 6, 2003
                          It does seem that an unusual number of people are having problems, but
                          can someone actually describe the problem to me?

                          I have no trouble downloading using IE6 when using Save As. IE6 doesn't
                          prompt you to save an mp3 file when it's associated with something
                          apparently, but simply right click where it says "click here" and pick
                          save as and you shouldn't have any problems. When I use Mozilla, it
                          launches the Quicktime plugin, but again Save As works fine. I don't
                          have a Mac to test with unfortunately. Please try a download manager
                          like GetRight when all else fails... if you copy/paste the "click here"
                          link into GR it will let you pause and resume the download for those
                          with slow or unreliable connections.

                          -Andy

                          pinyan wrote:
                          > looks like quite a number of people are having problems with downloading
                          > this set in particular.
                          > i dont know if this is going to help a lot, but here's what i can do:
                          >
                          > i'll break up the cue file and the mp3 itself into a multi-volume winace
                          > file, together with a self-executable. you just have to download the whole
                          > set of small files then run the ".exe" and everything will be assembled
                          > together into the original mp3.
                          >
                          > what it means is that you dont have to worry (as much) about interrupted
                          > downloads of less-than-perfect file-resumes.
                          >
                          > if you have a sucky connection like mine, you'll understand the problems i
                          > get when i try to download (or upload) hour-long mp3s, and get file-resume
                          > problems when the transfers are interrupted. i personally find it easier to
                          > d/l or u/l multiple small files than one large file. at least i dont have
                          > to bang my head on the table when i realise that i'm unable to do a
                          > file-resume (and have to re-do the whole file)
                          >

                          > let me know if you think this will help you get a working copy of that set.
                          > email me privately and i'll tell you how to contact me on slsk or icq.
                          >

                          > At 04:49 PM 8/6/03, ally@... wrote:
                          >
                          >>I had problems too (I don't usually)...I gave up in the end and stuck with
                          >>the one on the Radio 1 site.
                          >>
                          >>Ally
                        • Ryan
                          Message 12 of 19 , Aug 6, 2003
                            When you get to the page with Your download will begin immediately. If it
                            does not, click here.
                            Hit the [STOP] button, then right click, "Save As" ... Worked for me...

                            Ryan

                            >It does seem that an unusual number of people are having problems, but
                            >can someone actually describe the problem to me?
                            <snip>
                          • arby657@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 19 , Aug 6, 2003
                              i was having the same problem...when you click on the download button it
                              wouldn't work. but when it takes you to the next page, where it says if your
                              download does not start immediately 'click here' right click on the link there
                              and go to 'save target as'. that solved my problems and i was able to download
                              and burn the set
                              kristin

                              Message 14 of 19 , Aug 6, 2003
                                Andy, I'm using a Mac running Safari (Apple's own browser) and also
                                Internet Explorer. In both cases I can't save any sets anymore - they
                                start downloading through the quicktime plug-in in another browser
                                window and I'm unable to 'save as'

                                jonny

                                Message 15 of 19 , Aug 6, 2003
                                  And for Mac OSX users try using Speed Download. It worked for me as I
                                  just discovered. Cheers for the tip Andy and thanks for hyridized.org

                                  jonny

                                  http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/internet_utilities/
                                  speeddownload.html

                                  On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 03:45 pm, Andy Grundman wrote:

                                  > It does seem that an unusual number of people are having problems, but
                                  > can someone actually describe the problem to me?
                                  <snip>
                                • Alan Duval
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Aug 6, 2003
                                    Another thought, though it's been a long time since I did any desktop
                                    support, and I never did much on Quicktime...

                                    You should be able to dissociate 'MP3' from Quicktime, either in a QT
                                    prompt, or at the file-definition end (in Windows it's in Explorer -
                                    dunno about Macs), you seldom want to stream MP3s, anyway, and when
                                    you do it's usually an M3U which you won't have dissociated.

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Aug 10, 2003
                                      CUE FILE IN FILE SECTION (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HybridUK/files/)

                                      Filename: '2000-01-01 - In The Mix Live.cue'
                                    • Paul Dixon
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Aug 10, 2003
                                        CUE FILE IN FILE SECTION (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HybridUK/files/)

                                        Filename: '2000-09-18 - Groove Radio.cue'