RE: [Hybrid] Hybrid @ Fabric Questions

  • James Warren
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 4, 2003
      Many thanks for the info Nick. I'm sure I'll be able to get a viewing
      position somewhere and Fabric seem pretty helpful.

      James

      <snip>
      >However, it does all depend on Fabric's wheelchair access, James. I'm
      >sure they'll be happy to accommodate you, though :)
    • Jon Davies
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 4, 2003
        Hi.

        Does anyone have any info on this night ... the listing page
        (on hybrid-group) has it down as Boutique - Beach. Is this
        the Beach Club? If it's a Boutique night I thought that this
        is usually held at Concorde 2. Can anyone clear this up?

        My next question (once I know where this gig is) is where
        can I get advance tickets?

        Thanks for your help.

        Jon
        ;)
      • Ben Maguire
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 4, 2003
          > Does anyone have any info on this night ... the listing page
          > (on hybrid-group) has it down as Boutique - Beach. Is this
          > the Beach Club? If it's a Boutique night I thought that this
          > is usually held at Concorde 2. Can anyone clear this up?

          Its at the Concorde 2, as the beach club as 22nd is a night called
          Reckless (I think), according to the CSide listings.

          --------------
          Friday 22nd August: Concorde 2
          Boutique with Hybrid (live) & Freq Nasty & in the Little Bar Boutique:
          Remote Control DJ's.
          --------------

          > My next question (once I know where this gig is) is where
          > can I get advance tickets?

          Tickets for the Boutique are usually sold at Rounder Records in
          Brighton,
          Or maybe the concorde 2 booking office which the phone number is 01273
          772770.

          Ben
        • Jon Davies
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 4, 2003
            Thanks.

            > > Does anyone have any info on this night ... the listing page
            > > (on hybrid-group) has it down as Boutique - Beach. Is this
            > > the Beach Club? If it's a Boutique night I thought that this
            > > is usually held at Concorde 2. Can anyone clear this up?
            >
            > Its at the Concorde 2, as the beach club as 22nd is a night called
            > Reckless (I think), according to the CSide listings.
            >
            > --------------
            > Friday 22nd August: Concorde 2
            > Boutique with Hybrid (live) & Freq Nasty & in the Little Bar Boutique:
            > Remote Control DJ's.
            > --------------
          • Sapna Modi
            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 4, 2003
              Its at the Beach club.

              > Does anyone have any info on this night ... the listing page
              > (on hybrid-group) has it down as Boutique - Beach. Is this
              > the Beach Club? If it's a Boutique night I thought that this
              > is usually held at Concorde 2. Can anyone clear this up?
              >
              > My next question (once I know where this gig is) is where
              > can I get advance tickets?
              >
              > Thanks for your help.
              >
              > Jon
              > ;)
            • Sapna Modi
              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 4, 2003
                Oops me mistake, it is at the Concorde 2, Freq nasty too not bad.

                > Does anyone have any info on this night ... the listing page
                > (on hybrid-group) has it down as Boutique - Beach. Is this
                > the Beach Club? If it's a Boutique night I thought that this
                > is usually held at Concorde 2. Can anyone clear this up?
                >
                > My next question (once I know where this gig is) is where
                > can I get advance tickets?
                >
                > Thanks for your help.
                >
                > Jon
                > ;)
              • twiceblessedman
                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 4, 2003
                  I was very impressed with Circulations follow up to
                  Colours, the plump's own debut, and PFN's debut
                  11-track. Too bad none of these were double disc's
                  which is the current trend for debut's accompanied by
                  a mix or unmixed collection of remixes.

                  CIRCULATION: Colours Two
                  PLUMP DJs: Eargasm
                  PROPER FILTHY NAUGHTY: Fascination
                • ally@hybrid-group.com
                  Message 8 of 23 , Aug 4, 2003
                    --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, twiceblessedman <celticslang@y...>
                    wrote:
                    > I was very impressed with Circulations follow up to
                    > Colours, the plump's own debut
                    <snip>
                    > PLUMP DJs: Eargasm

                    Do you mean you're impressed with Eargasm or Plump Night Out...or
                    both? :)

                    (or does Plump Night Out not count as their debut, as it had 8 of their own tracks and 4 remixes by them...?)

                    Ally
                  • Chuck Chilton
                    Message 9 of 23 , Aug 4, 2003
                      If tickets are available before hand (doubt it though) Rounder Records will
                      have them

                      Chuck

                      > Oops me mistake, it is at the Concorde 2, Freq nasty too not bad.
                      >

                      > > Does anyone have any info on this night ... the listing page
                      > > (on hybrid-group) has it down as Boutique - Beach. Is this
                      > > the Beach Club? If it's a Boutique night I thought that this
                      > > is usually held at Concorde 2. Can anyone clear this up?
                      > >
                      > > My next question (once I know where this gig is) is where
                      > > can I get advance tickets?
                      > >
                      > > Thanks for your help.
                      > >
                      > > Jon
                      > > ;)
                    • Oliver Collett
                      Message 10 of 23 , Aug 4, 2003
                        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "AP - Nick Bower" <nickb@a...>
                        wrote:

                        > Whilst on the subject of the live show on the 15th August. Just to
                        let
                        > those of you know that are going, I'll be arranging another 'pre-
                        club'
                        > meetup for this show as I did for the April Fabric live show.
                        Seemed to
                        > work very well and it was nice to get a good gang of Hybrid-UK
                        members
                        > together.
                        >
                        > Stay tuned
                        >
                        > :)
                        >
                        > Nick

                        And while we are on that subject, don't forget everyone, it's my
                        birthday!!!

                        I'll be bringing a fair amount of people along to convert to
                        breaks :):):)
                      • twiceblessedman
                        Message 11 of 23 , Aug 4, 2003
                          Plump Night Out was more a debut DJ mix of their
                          tracks and a few remixes they've done, where as
                          Eargasm is a debut album of unmixed tracks......

                          > Do you mean you're impressed with Eargasm or Plump
                          > Night Out...or
                          > both? :)
                          >
                          > (or does Plump Night Out not count as their debut,
                          > as it had 8 of their own tracks and 4 remixes by
                          > them...?)
                          >
                          > Ally
                        • AP - Nick Bower
                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 5, 2003
                            > And while we are on that subject, don't forget everyone, it's my
                            >birthday!!!
                            >
                            >I'll be bringing a fair amount of people along to convert to
                            >breaks :):):)

                            And while we're on *that* subject its my birthday THIS Friday...so
                            perhaps we could have a double celebration then, Oli?!

                            :)

                            Nick
                          • Drew Ressler
                            Message 13 of 23 , Aug 5, 2003
                              I hate to tell you, but Eargasm is mixed also. So Plump Night Out IS thier debut.

                              Besides, if people went by if an album is unmixed or not, that would mean Hybrid would still not have a debut album :)

                              --Rukes

                            • ally@hybrid-group.com
                              Message 14 of 23 , Aug 5, 2003
                                Yeah, I'm with you there. I think of Plump Night Out as their debut
                                and I think most others do too. Mags seem to refer to PNO as their
                                debut anyway.

                                Anyway, I just ordered BT's new one from Amazon. I'm looking forward
                                to this one, as I've heard nothing of the album, apart from people's
                                opinions.

                                Apart from this I'm a bit bored of the music I own at the moment. If
                                I'm tired of everything, I usually play Hybrid or Groove
                                Armada...but I'm even in danger of wearing them out.

                                So, looking forward to BT and PFN's new one (how long have I been
                                waiting for them to bring out an album!).

                                Oh...and what are Layo & Bushwacka up to at the moment...I love
                                Nightworks, but need something new from them now.

                                Ally

                                Message 15 of 23 , Aug 5, 2003
                                  > Oh...and what are Layo & Bushwacka up to at the moment...I love
                                  > Nightworks, but need something new from them now.

                                  They did the single for Shinging Through off of Night Works. Of course, just like Love Story, they renamed the track to "Its Up To
                                  You (Shining Through)", since they added vocals to it. I THINK it comes out this month.

                                  Then, a 2 CD mix album of thier favorite tracks called "All Night Long" coming out in October-ish.

                                  So nothing really new for a while :(

                                  --Rukes
                                • twiceblessedman
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Aug 5, 2003
                                    Then I must have a rarity, because the import Eargasm
                                    copy I picked up a Newbury Comics in Boston MA is
                                    definately unmixed. There are spaces between the
                                    tracks just like a regular album. Perhaps it was a
                                    recording/production glitch, but I feel blessed
                                    because it allows me to fool around with their album's
                                    track for CDDJing purposes.

                                    --- Drew Ressler <rukes@...> wrote:
                                    > I hate to tell you, but Eargasm is mixed also. So
                                    > Plump Night Out IS thier debut.
                                    >
                                    > Besides, if people went by if an album is unmixed or
                                    > not, that would mean Hybrid would still not have a
                                    > debut album :)
                                    >
                                    > --Rukes
                                  • G3K
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Aug 5, 2003
                                      I think the distinction was that A Plump Night Out wasn't 100% Plump
                                      originals... about a third to a quarter of the LP was remixes of other
                                      artists' songs.

                                      Eargasm is totally Plump-produced, right? I haven't had the luxury of
                                      listening to it yet...

                                      G3K

                                      >Yeah, I'm with you there. I think of Plump Night Out as their debut
                                      >and I think most others do too. Mags seem to refer to PNO as their
                                      >debut anyway.
                                    • twiceblessedman
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Aug 5, 2003
                                        I agree, night works is a fantastic album....very
                                        rich. ILS' Soul Trader was a blessing.

                                        What are people's thought's on the grit and grind of
                                        Terminalhead's 2nd release of their debut album?
                                      • rukes@optonline.net
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Aug 5, 2003
                                          They are not mixed together, but a majority of the tracks are edited down, that's what I meant.

                                          --Rukes

                                          > Then I must have a rarity, because the import Eargasm
                                          > copy I picked up a Newbury Comics in Boston MA is
                                          > definately unmixed. There are spaces between the
                                          > tracks just like a regular album. Perhaps it was a
                                          > recording/production glitch, but I feel blessed
                                          > because it allows me to fool around with their album's
                                          > track for CDDJing purposes.
                                        • Alan Duval
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Aug 5, 2003
                                            So you'll both be in da club
                                            Scoffin' down some grub
                                            Sippin' on some suds
                                            And hangin' with your buds
                                            etc...?

                                            :D Happy Birthday to you both :D

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Aug 5, 2003
                                              there we go........I thought I was the only one going
                                              insane.....