Been busy but...

  • Stuart Bruce
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2000
      I found 2 Hybrid items that I'm chuffed to now own, but I've been so
      busy I haven't even had a chance to listen to them yet... the first is
      the War of the Worlds promo doublepack with Hybrid remix (can't wait to
      hear that), and the second is the Ministry cover CD which claims to have
      a Hybrid interview on it.

      Hopefully by the time people read this I'll have had a chance to play
      them both, but does anyone have opinions on either of these things? How
      rare are they?

      Stuart.

      PS. The Matrix dub of "C'est La Vie" will be arriving soon, I promise.

      --
      Stuart Bruce
      stuart@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2000
        > I found 2 Hybrid items that I'm chuffed to now own, but I've been so
        > busy I haven't even had a chance to listen to them yet... the first is
        > the War of the Worlds promo doublepack with Hybrid remix (can't wait to
        > hear that), and the second is the Ministry cover CD which claims to have
        > a Hybrid interview on it.

        I've had the CD promo of the WOTW since before Christmas and it's little
        disappointing IMHO. The Tilt mix is a little better but not much.

        > Hopefully by the time people read this I'll have had a chance to play
        > them both, but does anyone have opinions on either of these things? How
        > rare are they?

        The WOTW was just released as a mixed 2CD soundtrack-like affair. I don't
        believe it is 'rare' although like most things you could probably make
        a profit by selling it at Ebay. The cover CD is about as rare as a
        back issue of the Ministry mag, what, 5 quid or something.

        > PS. The Matrix dub of "C'est La Vie" will be arriving soon, I promise.

        I have one mix of CD, is this it or is this only on the vinyl?

        Andi.
      • Stuart Bruce
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17, 2000
          On Thu 13 Apr, Andrew Cowell wrote:
          > > I found 2 Hybrid items that I'm chuffed to now own, but I've been so
          > > busy I haven't even had a chance to listen to them yet... the first
          > > is the War of the Worlds promo doublepack with Hybrid remix (can't
          > > wait to hear that), and the second is the Ministry cover CD which
          > > claims to have a Hybrid interview on it.
          >
          > I've had the CD promo of the WOTW since before Christmas and it's
          > little disappointing IMHO. The Tilt mix is a little better but not
          > much.

          In the interests of constructive debate I'd like to disagree... I think
          it's a nice set of 5 remixes all things told, and while I was worried
          that they could _completely_ ruin the original power of the Jeff Wayne
          track, at worst they only _slightly_ ruin it and at best (the Hybrid mix
          I believe) it works together really nicely- the transitions between Jeff
          Wayne samples and Hybrid orchestra sounds fairly lush.

          Admittedly I was hoping for a bit more 'impact' from the tracks (to
          match the original) and admittedly the DJ Sakin remixes sound a bit too
          much like ATB but it could've been a lot worse.

          > > Hopefully by the time people read this I'll have had a chance to
          > > play them both, but does anyone have opinions on either of these
          > > things? How rare are they?
          >
          > The WOTW was just released as a mixed 2CD soundtrack-like affair.

          I didn't know about this. I will try to hunt this down.

          > > PS. The Matrix dub of "C'est La Vie" will be arriving soon, I
          > > promise.
          >
          > I have one mix of CD, is this it or is this only on the vinyl?

          The Echoplex Mix was released on CD; as far as I know the Matrix Dub
          wasn't released commercially, but I have it on a mastering studio CD-R
          (which has six tracks including the Futureshock Universal Dub which
          wasn't released either).

          Stuart.