Sasha @ Glastonbury - finished symphony

  • Stuart McFarlane
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 26, 2003
      I hope everyone has tuned in to hear Sasha playing at Glastonbury.

      He was playing the brilliant mix of nirvana - smells like teen spirit,
      and I was about to leave the room when I heard the unmistakable beats of
      Finished symphony, nice to see that Sasha is still backing the hybrid
      sound.

      There was just one difference. it was bootlegged with Underworld -
      cowgirl. Is this the first time that anyone has heard of this?

      I think it sounds alright, and seems like a crowd pleaser, but I'm still
      quite unsure about it, what does everyone else think about this?

      Stuart

      P.S I do think he should have played it out all the way, instead of the
      crappy pirate station like slowdown at the end.
    • coden11
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 27, 2003
        Are you sure it was a mashup of Symphony and Cowgirl and not Xpander
        and Cowgirl???? He has been ending his sets with Cowpander since
        last year.

        Chris

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Stuart McFarlane" <farlane@f...>
        wrote:
        > I hope everyone has tuned in to hear Sasha playing at Glastonbury.
        >
        > He was playing the brilliant mix of nirvana - smells like teen
        spirit,
        > and I was about to leave the room when I heard the unmistakable
        beats of
        > Finished symphony, nice to see that Sasha is still backing the
        hybrid
        > sound.
        >
        > There was just one difference. it was bootlegged with Underworld -
        > cowgirl. Is this the first time that anyone has heard of this?
        >
        > I think it sounds alright, and seems like a crowd pleaser, but I'm
        still
        > quite unsure about it, what does everyone else think about this?
        >
        > Stuart
        >
        > P.S I do think he should have played it out all the way, instead
        of the
        > crappy pirate station like slowdown at the end.
      • zoommaster40
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 28, 2003
          wrote:
          > I hope everyone has tuned in to hear Sasha playing at Glastonbury.
          >
          > He was playing the brilliant mix of nirvana - smells like teen
          spirit,

          I know Freelands just done some booties, including Nirvana - perhaps
          it was his? Anyone confirm?

          Loz

          http://www.futcha.com
        • Alan Duval
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 29, 2003
            I know it's 'the thing' to get the name of the mash-up by combining
            the names of the contributing tracks, but 'Cowpander'? Please! Some
            imagination and a sense of humour would suggest that 'X-Girl' sounds
            better and has, erm, connotations ;-)

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "coden11" <code11@b...> wrote:
            Are you sure it was a mashup of Symphony and Cowgirl and not Xpander
            and Cowgirl???? He has been ending his sets with Cowpander since
            last year.
          • Oliver Collett
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 30, 2003
              Ok, been reading through these messages about his set at Glastonbury
              and people seem to be Very confused!!!

              First of all, the mix of nirvana was by Adam Freeland.

              Secondly, it was Xpander vs. Cowgirl aka Cowpander, mashed up by
              Junkie XL for Sasha's birthday a year or so ago, and Sasha plays it
              now at nearly every set!

              Here's a tracklist for the set:

              1. Intro
              2. Matthew Dekay - Beautiful Monday (Deep)
              3. Shmuel Flash - The Other Side Of Me
              4. Golan Globus - Blazer
              5. Panoptic - Surface (Minimal)
              6. Pufo & Sin Plomo - I Surrender (Fire France)
              7. Maurice and Noble - Hoochie Coochie Man (Yoshitoshi)
              8. Amber - Anyways (Steve Porter Mix) (Bedrock)
              9. Timo Maas - Unite (Perfecto)
              10. Alex Dolby - Psiko Garden (Mantra Vibes)
              11. P Diddy - Lets Get Ill (Deep Dish Mix) (Bad Boy / Universal)
              12. Nu - Any other Girl' (Planet Funk Dub)
              13. Dave Gahan - Dirty Sticky Floors (Junkie XL Vocal Mix)(Mute)
              14. Bjork - Joga (Remix) (Unknown)
              15. Dibaba - Hold You (Agoria 'Bear' Remix) (Pais)
              16. Junkie XL - Blue Pill, Red Pill (Anamatrix OST)
              17. Nirvana - Smells Like Freeland (White)
              18. Sasha Vs Junkie XL - Cowpander (White)

              wrote:
              > I hope everyone has tuned in to hear Sasha playing at Glastonbury.
              >
              > He was playing the brilliant mix of nirvana - smells like teen
              spirit,
              > and I was about to leave the room when I heard the unmistakable
              beats of
              > Finished symphony, nice to see that Sasha is still backing the
              hybrid
              > sound.
              >
              > There was just one difference. it was bootlegged with Underworld -
              > cowgirl. Is this the first time that anyone has heard of this?
              >
              > I think it sounds alright, and seems like a crowd pleaser, but I'm
              still
              > quite unsure about it, what does everyone else think about this?
              >
              > Stuart
              >
              > P.S I do think he should have played it out all the way, instead
              of the
              > crappy pirate station like slowdown at the end.
            • sz
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
                i have the dab recording of this set in 192kb. id like to share it with
                everyone that wants it but i dont really have any place to host it.
              • sz
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
                  kk one of my mates who has access to a large amount of hosting space on some isp said that i could host it on there for a short while. so it will be up soonish.