Re: [Hybrid] BT - Never Gonna Come Back Down video

  • deekay@mail.dfu.de
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 8, 2001
      > The reason she is in the video is because the song is about her and you would
      > know what BT's fancy is with her if you've ever saw a picture of her, she's
      > gorgeous to say the least, peace, Chris

      Yeah... www.djrap.com says it all! <:-)
      gosh, what a woman!...
      btw: i found all the lyrics of BT songs on www.bt-network.org, just in case anyone is interested!..

      DeeKay
    • Gen Kanai
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 8, 2001
        Rap is no great shakes as a DJ (seen her spin twice) and she's short and
        not that interesting as a woman, imho.

        Can we please get this list back on track please?

        Gen
      • Andrew J Cowell
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 8, 2001
          > Can we please get this list back on track please?

          I would be far more interested if people would stop making comments about
          the keeping the list on track and let these conversations evolve naturally.
          Hybrid will not release a track every few days just to enable us to talk
          about them all the time, and there are only so many polls and discussions
          about past tracks and remixes. I have seen this many times and trying to
          restrict the free flow of discussion will make this a very boring place. The
          Fluke list is alive with interesting discussions and they rarely release
          anything at the moment. Sure, some topics are way off base and should be
          short and sweet, but discussions about BT, for example, are all part and
          parcel, an artist that probably many of us on this list enjoy and listen too
          as well as Hybrid. Allowing such conversations leads to interesting
          comparisons and lead to new ideas.

          Just my 2c,

          Andrew.
        • Andy Kinsella
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 8, 2001
            totally agree.. and I like broadening my musical horizons and finding out
            about new and related artists.

            <andi.cowell@...> =====
            >> Can we please get this list back on track please?
            >
            >I would be far more interested if people would stop making comments
            about
            >the keeping the list on track and let these conversations evolve naturally.
            >Hybrid will not release a track every few days just to enable us to talk
            >about them all the time, and there are only so many polls and
            discussions
            >about past tracks and remixes. I have seen this many times and trying to
            >restrict the free flow of discussion will make this a very boring place. The
            >Fluke list is alive with interesting discussions and they rarely release
            >anything at the moment. Sure, some topics are way off base and should
            be
            >short and sweet, but discussions about BT, for example, are all part and
            >parcel, an artist that probably many of us on this list enjoy and listen too
            >as well as Hybrid. Allowing such conversations leads to interesting
            >comparisons and lead to new ideas.
            >
            >Just my 2c,
            >
            >Andrew.

            > USEFUL LINKS
            >
            >Distinctive Records - Hybrid's record label - featuring video clips, sound
            and you can buy some Hybrid tunes here!
            >http://www.distinctiverecords.com
            >
            >Hybrid Fan Site : Find out the latest news about Hybrid and related artists
            >http://www.progressive-sounds.com/hybrid.html
            >
            >Breaksworld : Breakbeat news, reviews, tunes, DJ mixes, charts and
            loads more.
            >http://www.breaksworld.com/

            -----------------------
            "Get the latest sounds for your phone Visit http://www.ringtones.co.uk/scripts/Totalise/index.htm"
          • Davin Greenwell
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 8, 2001
              On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Gen Kanai wrote:

              > Rap is no great shakes as a DJ (seen her spin twice) and she's short and
              > not that interesting as a woman, imho.

              Yeah, for instance that picture on the front of her website is disgusting,
              and therefor her music is irrelevant.

              > Can we please get this list back on track please?

              Hybrid remixed a DJ Rap song -- "Bad Girl" -- which BT also did 3 remixes
              of. What a Bad Girl indeed.
              --
              (dj) arizona
              davin greenwell
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 8, 2001
                At 09:18 AM 1/8/01 -0800, Davin Greenwell wrote:
                >On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Gen Kanai wrote:
                >
                > > Rap is no great shakes as a DJ (seen her spin twice) and she's short and
                > > not that interesting as a woman, imho.
                >
                >Yeah, for instance that picture on the front of her website is disgusting,
                >and therefor her music is irrelevant.

                I didn't say that her music is irrelevant. I said she's not interesting as
                a woman, but I get your point. Touche :-)

                > > Can we please get this list back on track please?
                >
                >Hybrid remixed a DJ Rap song -- "Bad Girl" -- which BT also did 3 remixes
                >of. What a Bad Girl indeed.

                Don't get me wrong, I like bad girls, but not this Bad Girl. Her DJ skills
                leave a lot to be desired as far as I'm concerned. I just think she's more
                of a marketing phenomenon than a DJ or artist per se.

                My last post on this topic before I put my keyboard in my mouth again,

                Gen
              • Davin Greenwell
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 8, 2001
                  On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Gen Kanai wrote:
                  > At 09:18 AM 1/8/01 -0800, Davin Greenwell wrote:
                  > >On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Gen Kanai wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > Rap is no great shakes as a DJ (seen her spin twice) and she's short and
                  > > > not that interesting as a woman, imho.
                  > >
                  > >Yeah, for instance that picture on the front of her website is disgusting,
                  > >and therefor her music is irrelevant.
                  >
                  > I didn't say that her music is irrelevant. I said she's not interesting as
                  > a woman, but I get your point. Touche :-)

                  Fair enough. I just read on her Sony website that she got into DJing by
                  going to a rave to get away from one of her boyfriends and had 4 years of
                  bliss. I wonder how her seratonin levels are doing now. Heh Heh Heh.

                  > > > Can we please get this list back on track please?
                  > >
                  > >Hybrid remixed a DJ Rap song -- "Bad Girl" -- which BT also did 3 remixes
                  > >of. What a Bad Girl indeed.
                  >
                  > Don't get me wrong, I like bad girls, but not this Bad Girl. Her DJ skills
                  > leave a lot to be desired as far as I'm concerned. I just think she's more
                  > of a marketing phenomenon than a DJ or artist per se.

                  I would be inclined to agree. I have heard numerous reviews of her
                  playing live and they've all more or less said that she's got nothing in
                  terms of talent as a DJ. Maybe Sony can buy her some skills?

                  toodles
                  davin
                  --
                  (dj) arizona
                  davin greenwell
                  Extreme 107.3 FM
                  rave.victoria.bc.ca staff
                  rassFX satellite web demon
                  email: wk805@...
                  web: http://arizona.rave.victoria.bc.ca
                  ICQ: 11230795
                • Drew Ressler
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 8, 2001
                    > > Don't get me wrong, I like bad girls, but not this Bad Girl. Her DJ skills
                    > > leave a lot to be desired as far as I'm concerned. I just think she's more
                    > > of a marketing phenomenon than a DJ or artist per se.
                    >
                    > I would be inclined to agree. I have heard numerous reviews of her
                    > playing live and they've all more or less said that she's got nothing in
                    > terms of talent as a DJ. Maybe Sony can buy her some skills?

                    Well with Learning Curve she became pop breakbeat stuff. Hell, back in '98, the first release of Learning Curve had only 3 DnB
                    tracks, and those were removed on the re-release. Sad really. I hope her next CD isn't pop again.

                    Decent stuff, but doesn't compare to her early '90s jungle stuff. Spiritual Aura :)

                    --Rukes
                  • Chad Harnish
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 8, 2001
                      > Now back to Hybrid stuff, I was wondering if anybody could tell me
                      where
                      > to track down a copy of their remixes of Alright by DJ's Friction &
                      > Spice. I have no idea how old the remix is and the only place I've
                      ever
                      > been able to hear it is through MP3's but I think it's such an
                      awesome
                      > splicing of cheesy house and excellent Hybrid production that it'd
                      be
                      > great to actually know what it is off of. I've never been able to
                      find
                      > out any information about either remix.
                      >
                      > DC

                      I emailed Friction, or was it Spice a few months ago about that DC,
                      and he wrote back that all of the F&S tracks were getting re-
                      released. I have yet to see that though
                    • Chris McCallum
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 8, 2001
                        allow me to step in and say that I don't listen to drum and bass or jungle
                        but I caught a set of hers about a year ago and I was impressed by her
                        mixing skills, peace, Chris

                      • Ally Shuttleworth
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 8, 2001
                          Ok, fair point Andrew. I'm suitably chastised... ;o)