Peter Hook (was: re: Progressive Sounds - Review of Morning Sci-Fi)

  • Owain Griffiths
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
      I agree about Flea - I also have hugos respect for Timmy C from Rage against
      the machine - mainly cos a lot of people think zack and tom morello WERE the
      band basically

      > Legendary, certainly. Funny how sometimes people mistake, ahem,
      > Distinctiveness for greatness.
      >
      > Hoook has a distinctive style - but Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers - and
      > his input on Young MCs 'Principal's Office' is superb :-D), Trujillo
      > (Suicidal Tendencies/Infectious Grooves) and Reeves Gabrels piss all
      > over him, proficiency-wise.
      >
      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Antti Mutta" <antti.mutta@s...>
      > wrote:
      > I think it's hilarious, that Peter Hook is dubbed as legendary and
      > (not in Progressive-Sounds) as the world's best bass player. Surely
      > they are kidding?
    • Jason Parker
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
        Now Les Claypool From Primus, there is a legendary bass player!

        > Legendary, like, trans-atlantic legendary?
        >
        > I'll add Bootsy Collins to your list :) And there's lots of others as well.
        >
        > -antti
      • Alan Duval
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5, 2003

          wrote:
          I'll add Bootsy Collins to your list :) And there's lots of others as
          well.

          AD> Feel free, I wasn't exactly being exhaustive! Add Les Claypool.
        • Alan Duval
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 5, 2003
            Funny you should say that, I think that the drummer (Brad Wilk, IIRC)
            is often overlooked, too.

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Owain Griffiths"