Re: [Hybrid] Re: Progressive Sounds - Review of Morning Sci-Fi

  • Antti Mutta
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
      > No I didn't write these. Like I say...wait and see.
      > :)
      > Nick

      I bet it's something totally AWESOME as you're so secretive about ;)

      -antti
    • Simon Jones
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
        Actually Distinctive dont control any of their promotion now, its all done
        out of house.. therefore they dont really say who can and cant have copies
        of anything.. :)

        To clarify. The /feature is the press release for the album, with the
        /review
        being my actual review.

        And as Nick says.. who's to say there isnt more to look forward yet..

        There's plenty more in the way of Hybrid coverage to come, as well as lots
        of fun stuff with some others of the scene's greats ;)

        >The review's not on that page. I have to say, that Progressive-Sounds sure
        >is pimping for Distinctive with that page Ally posted link to. They got sent
        >the promo papers and they go and POST the text from it on the pages? I
        >always thought the PR texts were just meant to INFORM the reviewers of
        >factoids, but I guess this make it easier for Distinctive to like
        >Progressive-Sounds (what's with the hyphen?), hence allowing them a flow of
        >future promos as well.
        >
        >> It had ONE paragraph of opinion. The rest was all facts and quotes
        >> from other reviews!
        >
        >http://www.progressive-sounds.com/reviews/Hybrid-Morning-Sci-Fi.asp
        >
        >Check that link. The caps are essential for you to get to the actual review.
      • Antti Mutta
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
          > To clarify. The /feature is the press release for the album, with the
          > /review
          > being my actual review.

          Why post the press release?

          -antti
        • Alan Duval
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
            Legendary, certainly. Funny how sometimes people mistake, ahem,
            Distinctiveness for greatness.

            Hoook has a distinctive style - but Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers - and
            his input on Young MCs 'Principal's Office' is superb :-D), Trujillo
            (Suicidal Tendencies/Infectious Grooves) and Reeves Gabrels piss all
            over him, proficiency-wise.

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Antti Mutta" <antti.mutta@s...>
            wrote:
            I think it's hilarious, that Peter Hook is dubbed as legendary and
            (not in Progressive-Sounds) as the world's best bass player. Surely
            they are kidding?
          • Simon Jones
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
              Duh...
              Because thats what they are for.. it is an announcement after all..

              >> To clarify. The /feature is the press release for the album, with the
              >> /review
              >> being my actual review.
              >
              >Why post the press release?
              >
              >-antti
            • Antti Mutta
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 4, 2003
                I guess, that's one way to look at it. Lazy one.

                Another way is to take the info and write your own introduction to the band.
                That's better journalism. Ever seen one of the big mags post the PR material
                straight as it is handed to them? No matter how crappy their own journalism
                might seem to someone, at least they usually write their own material.

                -antti