Re: [Hybrid] Re: Progressive Sounds - Review of Morning Sci-Fi

  • Sapna Modi
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
      there is another review on there....(slightly confusing, but seek and you
      will find). You'll probs need a month to read through it all cause its all
      there!

      (would have thought Bower would have written this one!)

      > You call that a review?!
      >
      > It had ONE paragraph of opinion. The rest was all facts and quotes
      > from other reviews!
      >
      > I expect a lot better of Progressive Sounds.
      >
      > At least it had the album cover. Hadn't see that yet....
      >

      > Gavin
    • AP - Nick Bower
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
        >there is another review on there....(slightly confusing, but seek and
        you
        >will find). You'll probs need a month to read through it all cause its
        all
        >there!

        >(would have thought Bower would have written this one!)

        No I didn't write these. Like I say...wait and see.

        :)

        Nick
      • Antti Mutta
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
          > No I didn't write these. Like I say...wait and see.
          > :)
          > Nick

          I bet it's something totally AWESOME as you're so secretive about ;)

          -antti
        • Simon Jones
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
            Actually Distinctive dont control any of their promotion now, its all done
            out of house.. therefore they dont really say who can and cant have copies
            of anything.. :)

            To clarify. The /feature is the press release for the album, with the
            /review
            being my actual review.

            And as Nick says.. who's to say there isnt more to look forward yet..

            There's plenty more in the way of Hybrid coverage to come, as well as lots
            of fun stuff with some others of the scene's greats ;)

            >The review's not on that page. I have to say, that Progressive-Sounds sure
            >is pimping for Distinctive with that page Ally posted link to. They got sent
            >the promo papers and they go and POST the text from it on the pages? I
            >always thought the PR texts were just meant to INFORM the reviewers of
            >factoids, but I guess this make it easier for Distinctive to like
            >Progressive-Sounds (what's with the hyphen?), hence allowing them a flow of
            >future promos as well.
            >
            >> It had ONE paragraph of opinion. The rest was all facts and quotes
            >> from other reviews!
            >
            >http://www.progressive-sounds.com/reviews/Hybrid-Morning-Sci-Fi.asp
            >
            >Check that link. The caps are essential for you to get to the actual review.
          • Antti Mutta
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
              > To clarify. The /feature is the press release for the album, with the
              > /review
              > being my actual review.

              Why post the press release?

              -antti
            • Alan Duval
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
                Legendary, certainly. Funny how sometimes people mistake, ahem,
                Distinctiveness for greatness.

                Hoook has a distinctive style - but Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers - and
                his input on Young MCs 'Principal's Office' is superb :-D), Trujillo
                (Suicidal Tendencies/Infectious Grooves) and Reeves Gabrels piss all
                over him, proficiency-wise.

                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Antti Mutta" <antti.mutta@s...>
                wrote:
                I think it's hilarious, that Peter Hook is dubbed as legendary and
                (not in Progressive-Sounds) as the world's best bass player. Surely
                they are kidding?
              • Simon Jones
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
                  Duh...
                  Because thats what they are for.. it is an announcement after all..

                  >> To clarify. The /feature is the press release for the album, with the
                  >> /review
                  >> being my actual review.
                  >
                  >Why post the press release?
                  >
                  >-antti
                • Antti Mutta
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 4, 2003
                    I guess, that's one way to look at it. Lazy one.

                    Another way is to take the info and write your own introduction to the band.
                    That's better journalism. Ever seen one of the big mags post the PR material
                    straight as it is handed to them? No matter how crappy their own journalism
                    might seem to someone, at least they usually write their own material.

                    -antti