Re: [Hybrid] Re: Hybrid on Fri+new material

  • brian elder
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
      Definately try the Pure Future mix if you want progressive house type stuff
      (the last track gets a lot of kudos, but I think it has to be the Light's
      mix of Terminalhead ), or the proton set is excellent if you want breaks and
      techo.

      > cool thanks- I know a few people on the groups seem to have got hold of
      promos or mp3s curiously before the release dates-
      > any particular preferences on the new dj sets?
    • Phil Stewart
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
        On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, brian elder wrote:
        > (the last track gets a lot of kudos, but I think it has to be the
        > Light's mix of Terminalhead )

        Terminalhead - Mind Of Your Own [The Light Mix] ... tasty stuff, I'll be
        playing it in my next radio mix. There's a 'dub' (1) version too which is
        also Most Excellent. The last track in the Pure Future set is Vector -
        Rise, and I can't get enough of that track. It is also the first track in
        the Live @ The Mission set, on of my favourite sets (2), particularly the
        first half of Part 3. Excellent stuff.

        --
        From Phil

        (1) I call it the 'dub' because the white label has two mixes clearly both
        by The Light, and has no indication as to what they might be called. The
        second mix is what I would think of as a dub with respect to the first mix
        (cf Theme From Wide Angle, Rolling Thunder Club/Dub), so it makes a
        convenient label. Just thought I'd mention it, before a whole new 'what is
        a dub' thread begins ...

        (2) There's something kinda reassuring about Live @ The Mission, quite
        possibly the fact that I can heavily identify with the DJing technique,
        and how that even such masterful guys as Chris & Mike can't always keep it
        100% tight ... maybe they're only a few orders of magnitude better than me
        :-)