Re: [Hybrid] Re: Hybrid on Fri+new material

  • Thom
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
      Nice one cheers for the advice Ally just enjoying High as a skycraper on the xfm mix right now-
      Hybrid only did a DJ set on Friday but you could tell they were dropping a lot of new stuff-
      personally I can't wait for the Y4k August boat party to see them live!

      All the best

      Thom

      > Some peeps have official promos and some have downloaded MP3s. My
      > advice is that if you don't have a promo, wait for the album
      > release. To hear the tracks that have been ripped isn't going to
      > give you a fantastic idea of what the album will sound like.
      >
      > Just call me "Ally the broken record" ;-)
      >
      > As for DJ sets, give the ones a listen that have 'True to Form' and 'Higher >than a Skyscraper' in the tracklistings (e.g. recent MOS radio sets).
      >
      > Ally
    • brian elder
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
        Definately try the Pure Future mix if you want progressive house type stuff
        (the last track gets a lot of kudos, but I think it has to be the Light's
        mix of Terminalhead ), or the proton set is excellent if you want breaks and
        techo.

        > cool thanks- I know a few people on the groups seem to have got hold of
        promos or mp3s curiously before the release dates-
        > any particular preferences on the new dj sets?
      • Phil Stewart
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
          On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, brian elder wrote:
          > (the last track gets a lot of kudos, but I think it has to be the
          > Light's mix of Terminalhead )

          Terminalhead - Mind Of Your Own [The Light Mix] ... tasty stuff, I'll be
          playing it in my next radio mix. There's a 'dub' (1) version too which is
          also Most Excellent. The last track in the Pure Future set is Vector -
          Rise, and I can't get enough of that track. It is also the first track in
          the Live @ The Mission set, on of my favourite sets (2), particularly the
          first half of Part 3. Excellent stuff.

          --
          From Phil

          (1) I call it the 'dub' because the white label has two mixes clearly both
          by The Light, and has no indication as to what they might be called. The
          second mix is what I would think of as a dub with respect to the first mix
          (cf Theme From Wide Angle, Rolling Thunder Club/Dub), so it makes a
          convenient label. Just thought I'd mention it, before a whole new 'what is
          a dub' thread begins ...

          (2) There's something kinda reassuring about Live @ The Mission, quite
          possibly the fact that I can heavily identify with the DJing technique,
          and how that even such masterful guys as Chris & Mike can't always keep it
          100% tight ... maybe they're only a few orders of magnitude better than me
          :-)