Re: [Hybrid] Hybrid DJ style

  • Phil Stewart
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2003
      On Sat, 29 May 2004, Lulu Hall wrote:
      > Hi! can anyone enlighten me to what sort of style Mike & Chris DJ I
      > have heard 1 of them @ Sankeys before but, don't know which one it
      > was! I was talking to a friend about them both playing Tangled in July
      > & they said they like Chris but not Mike! I couldn't work out why
      > unless they have different styles, my friend says Chris plays dirtier,
      > if this true I will prefer him myself ; ) Please excuse my ignorance
      > (again).

      I've mostly just heard the sets off hybridized.org, etc, and for the most
      part not really known who mixed which set. So I don't know who generally
      does the filthier sets, but then I like dirty and chilled in equal
      quantity :-)

      --
      From Phil
    • NO3DJPK@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2003
        Lu Lu,

        Chris spins nuskool breaks, usally on the dirty side which I like as well and
        Mike spins more trance/house stuff. The cool thing though is the tracks Mike
        plays are usally a lil dark as well, so you get the best of both worlds. Ive
        seen them DJ about 3 times and its always good times regardless of who is
        playing.

        PK
      • ally@hybrid-group.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2003
          I think this subject is basically a matter of opinion and also
          depends on what mood they're both in on the night.

          I usually think that Chris plays slightly more progressive and Mike
          is maybe a little more adventurous. I love both their sets though.

          Their style also depends a great deal on the audience / venue. In my opinion, their sets at larger clubs (such as Fabric) are more progressive and their sets at more intimate clubs are a lot dirtier.

          But...all the above is arguable and a generalisation.

          Ally

          > Chris spins nuskool breaks, usally on the dirty side which I like
          as well and
          > Mike spins more trance/house stuff. The cool thing though is the
          tracks Mike
          > plays are usally a lil dark as well, so you get the best of both
          worlds. Ive
          > seen them DJ about 3 times and its always good times regardless of
          who is
          > playing.
          >
          > PK
        • Lulu Hall
          Message 4 of 4 , May 28, 2004
            Hi! can anyone enlighten me to what sort of style Mike & Chris DJ I have heard 1 of them @ Sankeys before but, don't know which one it was! I was talking to a friend about them both playing Tangled in July & they said they like Chris but not Mike! I couldn't work out why unless they have different styles, my friend says Chris plays dirtier, if this true I will prefer him myself ; ) Please excuse my ignorance (again).

            Luv

            Lu Lu xx