Re: [Hybrid] Heres the majority of Hybrid stuff - with missing track titles

  • Devon Henderson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2001
      On Thu, 04 January 2001, Nordcore37@... wrote:
      > \Remixes & Others\Bomb The Bass - Beat Dis (Hybrid Mix).mp3
      > \Remixes & Others\Brother Brown - Under the Water (Starecase
      > Remix).mp3
      > \Remixes & Others\BT - Fibonacci Sequence (Luminescent's Extended
      > Hybrid Mix).mp3
      > \Remixes & Others\DJ ICON - Voco Me (Flim Flam Mix).mp3
      > \Remixes & Others\Hybrid - We Are I.E. (Pumpin Mix).mp3
      > \Remixes & Others\Hybrid - Airless.mp3
      > \The Hybrid Sessions\03 - BT - Fibonacci Sequence (Hybrid Remix),

      Hmm. A few questions and comments.

      AFAIK, the Fibonacci Sequence remix is not done by Hybrid. I can't confirm this, though. (Wow I sound like a broken record!)

      The Voco Me and Under the Water remixes have nothing to do with Hybrid. They are mislabled mp3s that are floating around Napster.

      Airless is by another group called Hybrid. Not our Hybrid. :)

      And finally... We Are I.E. is not by Hybrid, it's by Lennie de Ice. Hybrid did do a few remixes of it, though. Good stuff.

      - dev0n
      - www.dev0n.com/hybrid/

      PS: Can anyone confirm this track? Bomb The Bass - Beat Dis (Hybrid Mix)

    • Davin Greenwell
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2001
        On 4 Jan 2001, Devon Henderson wrote:

        > Hmm. A few questions and comments.
        >
        > AFAIK, the Fibonacci Sequence remix is not done by Hybrid. I can't
        > confirm this, though. (Wow I sound like a broken record!)

        So does the end of the Fibonacci Sequence. ;) There are two mixes of the
        Fibonacci Sequence, both done by BT. The first one was a bit, well,
        cruddy and is featured as track 1 on CD2 of Sasha's GU013:Ibiza. The
        other one is featured on Y3K:2 or whatever it's called. Much deadlier.

        > The Voco Me and Under the Water remixes have nothing to do with Hybrid.
        > They are mislabled mp3s that are floating around Napster.

        Yeah. The Under The Water track is remixed by Starecase.

        > And finally... We Are I.E. is not by Hybrid, it's by Lennie de Ice.
        > Hybrid did do a few remixes of it, though. Good stuff.

        3 of them to be exact:
        Hybrid's Dark Mix
        Hybrid's Lite Mix
        Hybrid's Pumpin' Mix

        Werd.
        Davin.
        --
        (dj) arizona
        davin greenwell
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2001
          As far as I know that Bomb the Bass - Beat Dis remix is not our Hybrid (it
          doens't really sound like them to me anyway.)

          Also, there are only two versions of the Fibonacci Sequence however the
          first one isn't quite the one off of the Sasha in Ibiza GU but was
          actually featured on a MISL college promo disc entitled Extended Movement
          which contained a bunch of extended mixes from the album (a la similar to
          the Hong Kong version of MISL) only the version on Extended is a complete
          version of the same one Sasha used. Definently not the same as the one
          used on Y3K or the Hong Kong bonus disc.

          DC
        • Oddball
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 5, 2001
            At 23:32 04/01/2001 -0700, you wrote:
            >As far as I know that Bomb the Bass - Beat Dis remix is not our Hybrid (it
            >doens't really sound like them to me anyway.)
            >
            >Also, there are only two versions of the Fibonacci Sequence however the
            >first one isn't quite the one off of the Sasha in Ibiza GU but was
            >actually featured on a MISL college promo disc entitled Extended Movement
            >which contained a bunch of extended mixes from the album (a la similar to
            >the Hong Kong version of MISL) only the version on Extended is a complete
            >version of the same one Sasha used. Definently not the same as the one
            >used on Y3K or the Hong Kong bonus disc.
            >
            >DC

            If you scour for the Fibonacci Sequence on Napster you'll note the varying
            track lengths. The ones proclaiming to be on the bonus 2nc MISL CD is about
            9 minutes and 20 seconds long. Every copy I have tried has crackle in it as
            if ripped from vinyl which I find odd seeing as it is supposedly on a
            secondary CD. Anyhow I've cleaned it up as best I could in some audio
            tools. Does anyone actually have a hard copy of this? I'd be curious to
            know whether the 2nd CD has the same crackle and pop.
          • Matthew Craig
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 5, 2001
              > If you scour for the Fibonacci Sequence on Napster you'll note the
              > varying track lengths. The ones proclaiming to be on the bonus 2nc
              >MISL CD is about 9 minutes and 20 seconds long. Every copy I have
              >tried has crackle in it as if ripped from vinyl which I find odd
              >seeing as it is supposedly on a secondary CD. Anyhow I've cleaned it
              >up as best I could in some audio tools. Does anyone actually have a
              >hard copy of this? I'd be curious to know whether the 2nd CD has the
              >same crackle and pop.

              I have the Hong Kong import of MISL with its version of Fibonacci
              Sequence. I'm at work so I can't see the exact track length, but I
              believe it is 9:31.. and there are no audible pops or crackles that I
              can remember. If you give me the approximate time they occur I'll
              double check later. There is at least one more version of the song
              out there.. off of the Extended Movement EP (released only to college
              radio stations). I think the length on that version is 9:50 to 10
              minutes. I don't know what version the MISL UK re-release has,
              though. Perhaps someone else here can provide info on this.

              --Matthew Craig (Flashpoint)
            • Stuart Bruce
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 5, 2001
                On Fri 05 Jan, Matthew Craig wrote:
                > I don't know what version the MISL UK re-release has,
                > though. Perhaps someone else here can provide info on this.

                The version on the UK CD2 runs to 9:30. The intro does have some
                deliberate vinyl-crackling effects on it, which seem to counterpoint the
                deep crisp vocal (counting numbers) when it comes in. The crackling
                carries on until about a minute into the track.

                A quick listen to the Asian 2CD version (runs at 9:29) makes me think
                it's exactly the same version- it has the same vinyl noise at the start.

                Incidentally since this has gone quite far off-topic (as there's no
                Hybrid connection to that track), there is a BT discussion list at
                http://www.egroups.com/group/bt-list/ although it's always seemed a bit
                quiet.

                Stuart.

                --
                Stuart Bruce
                stuart@...
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 5, 2001
                  Okay, the Extended Movement mix is 9:52 and my Hong Kong CD says it's
                  9:27. Both of them have the loud popping noises, but I think BT but those
                  in there purposely. Now I'm going away before Stuart bans me for not
                  talking about Hybrid, Lol! (I'm joking.... don't hurt me!)

                  DC
                • Oddball
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 5, 2001
                    At 16:03 05/01/2001 +0000, you wrote:
                    > I have the Hong Kong import of MISL with its version of Fibonacci
                    >Sequence. I'm at work so I can't see the exact track length, but I
                    >believe it is 9:31.. and there are no audible pops or crackles that I
                    >can remember. If you give me the approximate time they occur I'll
                    >double check later.

                    At the beginning and in the middle. The quieter parts :)
                  • Davin Greenwell
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 5, 2001
                      There was also a promo of the Fibonacci Sequence going around with
                      Sunblind on the other side. Rips could be from this.