Re: The Light

  • Stuart Bruce
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2001
      On Wed 03 Jan, Daniel Craig wrote:
      > Hey dude, did that Expand the Room single have the Deepsky remix on it
      > by any chance? I've been trying to track down that darn single
      > forever because the Light version is sweet and the guys from Deepsky
      > are from my hometown and I love their remix of it.

      'fraid not. It's a 3-track CD single; the 7" mix, 4 Storeys High mix
      (which doesn't have a remixer credit so presumably is a version by The
      Light), and the Rennie Pilgrem mix. It was in a bargain bin; haven't
      tried looking for the 12".

      Stuart.

      --
      Stuart Bruce
      stuart@...
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2001
        The Deepsky Remix came on the 2nd Opium 12". They should have it at
        CDNow, or Satellite Records in the states, and Hard to Find Records
        has had it in stock in the UK. I dont think it came on the CD single,
        but I could be mistaken.

        >On Wed 03 Jan, Daniel Craig wrote:
        >> Hey dude, did that Expand the Room single have the Deepsky remix on it
        >> by any chance? I've been trying to track down that darn single
        >> forever because the Light version is sweet and the guys from Deepsky
        >> are from my hometown and I love their remix of it.
        >
        >'fraid not. It's a 3-track CD single; the 7" mix, 4 Storeys High mix
        >(which doesn't have a remixer credit so presumably is a version by The
        >Light), and the Rennie Pilgrem mix. It was in a bargain bin; haven't
        >tried looking for the 12".
        >
        >Stuart.
        >
        >--
        > Stuart Bruce
        > stuart@...
        > music@...
        >http://www.atomiser.demon.co.uk

        > USEFUL LINKS
        >
        >Distinctive Records - Hybrid's record label - featuring video clips,
        >sound and you can buy some Hybrid tunes here!
        >http://www.distinctiverecords.com
        >
        >Hybrid Fan Site : Find out the latest news about Hybrid and related artists
        >http://www.progressive-sounds.com/hybrid.html
        >
        >Breaksworld : Breakbeat news, reviews, tunes, DJ mixes, charts and loads more.
        >http://www.breaksworld.com/
      • Davin Greenwell
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2001
          On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Stuart Bruce wrote:

          > 'fraid not. It's a 3-track CD single; the 7" mix, 4 Storeys High mix
          > (which doesn't have a remixer credit so presumably is a version by The
          > Light), and the Rennie Pilgrem mix. It was in a bargain bin; haven't
          > tried looking for the 12".

          I have some four on the floor mix of the choon which isn't on any h00j
          release, maybe it was on the original AAA release (the light's own record
          label). It's kind of Solar Stoney, but it may be Deep Sky. I think it's
          called the Full Illumination mix. Or something like that. Anyone else
          know anything about it? Great ch00n.

          talk to you later..
          davin
          --
          (dj) arizona
          davin greenwell
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2001
            I was actually surprised when I found it there, and it was only 5.99
            for the 12". But I just looked at the site and it doesnt seem that
            they have anything by the light, as well as satellite... If you'd
            like, I can rip it for anyone and put it on Napster... City of Angels
            seems to be real quirky when it comes to getting their stuff out in
            stores... Sometimes I wonder if they are even still in business...

            I also found it listed at Hard to Find... Its on backorder, but
            here's the link:

            http://www.htfr.com/vinyl/backorder.php?catno=MR48378&artist=THE%20LIGHT&title=OPIUM%20(DISTANT%20PLACES%20MIX)&label=CITY%20OF%20ANGELS&referer=quicksearch&start=0&quicksearchtext=the%20light

            Nice and long eh? :)

            >Well thanks for the tip on where to possibly find it but I havne't been
            >able to find shit about where to even buy anything by The Light
            >(last time I checked CDNow they didn't have crap.) Now I'll look for the
            >the second Opium 12" too I suppose.
            >
            >DC

            > USEFUL LINKS
            >
            >Distinctive Records - Hybrid's record label - featuring video clips,
            >sound and you can buy some Hybrid tunes here!
            >http://www.distinctiverecords.com
            >
            >Hybrid Fan Site : Find out the latest news about Hybrid and related artists
            >http://www.progressive-sounds.com/hybrid.html
            >
            >Breaksworld : Breakbeat news, reviews, tunes, DJ mixes, charts and loads more.
            >http://www.breaksworld.com/
          • Daniel Craig
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2001
              Does that 4x4 version you have kind of have this fucked up tweaked out
              electric guitar type sound that starts up about 55 seconds into the song
              along with a low 4x4 thud layered underneath it? Sorry, I can't think of
              any other way to describe that synth other than it kind of reminds me of a
              guitar.

              DC
            • Daniel Craig