Re: Hybrid in Leeds

  • Vince H.
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 1999
      > From: Stuart Bruce <music@...>
      >
      > On Wed 22 Sep, ally@... wrote:
      > > Good news to those in the Leeds area:
      >
      > (That'll probably be just the two of us, then...)
      >
      > > I've just found out that Hybrid are special guests at Space in Leeds
      > > on the 8th Octobe r.
      >
      > Cool. Never been to Space though; the only Leeds club I've been to is
      > the Elbow Room, and I'm going there on Saturdays Oct 2nd and Oct 9th so
      > I'm not sure I could fit in another trip to Leeds the day before... Is
      > it a live performance or just a P/A? I'll be seeing them the following
      > week in Newcastle anyway, so might have to skip that one.
      >
      > So that people know, Vince's recommendation swung it and I bought "Wide
      > Angle" this afternoon. I only just back home, so I'm up to track 3 on my
      > first listen, but so far so good... so far so _very_ good actually. Not
      > that anyone else on this list will necessarily find this surprising...
      >
      > Stuart.
      >
      > PS. Hi Vince. Yet another example of the small world... thought the
      > Internet was meant to make the world feel like a larger, rather than a
      > smaller place?! <grin>.

      Greetz, Stuart. Yes, I guess we are 2 of the more loyal Hybrid and
      Sunscreem fans. ;)

      Concerning Hybrid websites, make sure you check out this unofficial one:
      http://users.desupernet.com/halycon/Hybrid/hybrid.html

      Also, www.distinctiverecords.com has an imcomplete one which I'm sure you've
      already observed.

      The latest Hybrid single "If I Survive" contains some great remixes by Way
      out West and Hybrid themselves, that deserve to be given a listen. Just my
      own petty recommendation. ;)

      Vince H.