US release?

  • Matthew Craig
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2000
      I've been looking around quite a bit for this information but
      nobody seems to know anything. I was just wondering if Wide Angle is
      EVER going to be released in the United States? My brother got the
      Japanese import and my resistance is wearing down. (Poor student,
      must.. not.. pay.. import.. prices).

      Actually I'll import it anyway, = ) but It'd be a shame to not have
      such a brilliant work available here.

      --Matthew Craig (Flashpoint)
      mcraig@...
    • Vince H.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2000
        Re: the Hybrid album, it's supposed to be released on Thrive Records (http://www.thriverecords.com ) in the US, but the site had nothing listed about it the last time I checked (earlier this week).  The WOW album from '97 was never released domestically.  I talked to Jody (1/2 of WOW) when he visited Houston last month and he informed me that the new WOW album will be getting a formal domestic US release.  Here's hoping...

        Vince H.
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2000
          At 02:03 AM 4/7/00 +0000, you wrote:
          > I've been looking around quite a bit for this information but
          >nobody seems to know anything. I was just wondering if Wide Angle is
          >EVER going to be released in the United States?

          The Japan import is worth owning for the 2nd "live @ Chemistry Club" cd
          which rocks my world...

          That said, Distinct'ive was supposed to be distributed by Thrive in the
          US. Thrive was dropped by WEA (Warner) and thus Hybrid lost it's US
          distribution (it was supposed to be out in March.)

          I've chatted with folks at Distinct'ive and they tell me that !K7 has
          picked up the slack for most of Thrive's US catalog including all of the
          Global Underground stuff (i.e. Anthony Pappa NUBREED which we must all own
          one day.) Whether they will distribute Hybrid is yet to be known...I'm not
          holding my breath though.

          Maybe we can all send emails to !K7 (I know the emails of the right guys
          there) and maybe we can convince them to distribute "Wide Angle" here in
          the US?

          What say you all?

          Gen