Re: [Hybrid] Distinctive maxi cds

  • Alan Duval
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 30, 2003
      And even that ain't necessarily so - the promo version of
      Drumattiucal that I have have the album graphic, only difference
      being ink-jet rather than print-run.

      I have a spare copy if anyone cares (Drumattical, that is)

      >--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Drew Ressler <rukes@o...> wrote:
      >Besides, it doesn't matter what media its on, it's always the same.
      >Just the difference between text and flashy graphics on CD.
    • twiceblessedman
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 31, 2003
        Why would Distinctive release sub-par CDs...do these
        maxies come with artwork, or cheap PVC sleeves.

        Maxi's used to come in slimline cardboard digipacks.
        How are the new maxis from Distinctive packaged?

        I hope that Distinctive is just not making these maxis
        "made to order", but burning one off whenever anyone
        purchases a copy. That is just plain lame and a slap
        in the face to fans and collectors.

        Thoughts? Anyone.

        twiceblessedman
      • Drew Ressler
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 31, 2003
          Like I said before, they are not sub par recordings.

          They come with PVC sleeves with printed paper for artwork/tracklisting...assuming these will be the same as the Stealth Maxi.

          They are mastered and made at distintive, just like normal CD's. Quality of the musc itself is exactly as it should be, barring no
          mastering mistakes like the first run of the Stealth Maxi CD.

          --Rukes

        • ally@hybrid-group.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
            There isn't enough demand at the moment to justify pressing the Maxi
            CDs up in fancy packaging etc. Distinct'ive were under the
            impression it was the un-released music people may like.
            Distinct'ive are, however, in talks with HMV for a label campaign
            which would allow them to justify the cost.

            Ally

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, twiceblessedman <celticslang@y...>
            wrote:
            > Why would Distinctive release sub-par CDs...do these
            > maxies come with artwork, or cheap PVC sleeves.
            >
            > Maxi's used to come in slimline cardboard digipacks.
            > How are the new maxis from Distinctive packaged?
            >
            > I hope that Distinctive is just not making these maxis
            > "made to order", but burning one off whenever anyone
            > purchases a copy. That is just plain lame and a slap
            > in the face to fans and collectors.
            >

            > Thoughts? Anyone.
            >

            > twiceblessedman
          • d66n
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2003
              I can understand negative vibes IF the CDs are poor quality and don't
              play well. Otherwise, please support Distinct'ive with this as it
              should lead to us being able to get some of those rare tracks that
              we've all been asking for.

              Come on guys, even if they are CDRs/'made to order', this still
              provides a legitimate route to getting the tracks that some of us
              have only been able to get as mp3s in the past. At least we know this
              way the money actually gets back to the record company/artist.

              I have not been able to place my order yet due to limited finances
              but believe me, if when I have the funds it's still possible to order
              these new MAXI CDs, I will.

              I'm really grateful for Distinct'ive doing this. Again its a case of
              them listening to their customers.

              Cheers - and show your support to their Maxi-CD project.

              DavidN