RE: [Hybrid] Remix Album Due Out In Feb

  • Daniel Stokes
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 27, 2000
      wow.. anymore info would be greatly appreciated d00d

      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 27, 2000
        On Wed, 27 December 2000, "Colin Singlefinger" wrote:
        > Does anyone know what the track listing is gonna be yet? I'm dying to
        > find out! Their mix of Bodyrock better be on it!

        This was posted before.. but here it is again:

        'REMIX & ADDITIONAL PRODUCTION BY'
        TRACK LISTING

        CD1

        Energy 52 � 'Caf� del Mar'
        ST ETIENNE � 'Boy Is Crying'
        MOBY � 'Body Rock'
        F.S.O.L. � 'Papua New Guinea'
        BT � 'Never Gonna Come Back Down'
        JEAN MICHEL JARRE � 'Cest La Vie'

        CD2

        JEFF WAYNE �'War Of The Worlds'
        DJ RAP �'Bad Girl'
        FILTER � 'Take A Picture'
        COURYELLA � 'Walhalla'
        ANDREAS JOHNSON � 'Glorious'

        - dev0n
        - www.dev0n.com/hybrid/

      • Daniel Stokes
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 27, 2000
          yeaboyee!
          On Wed, 27 December 2000, "Colin Singlefinger" wrote:
          > Does anyone know what the track listing is gonna be yet? I'm dying to
          > find out! Their mix of Bodyrock better be on it!

          This was posted before.. but here it is again:

          'REMIX & ADDITIONAL PRODUCTION BY'
          TRACK LISTING

          CD1

          Energy 52 ­ 'Café del Mar'
[...]

        • Arfie Mansfield
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
            >Does anyone know what the track listing is gonna be yet? I'm dying to
            >find out!

            Grrr.... I already posted it to the list - look in the archives.
          • Oddball
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
              At 19:40 27/12/2000 -0800, you wrote:
              >On Wed, 27 December 2000, "Colin Singlefinger" wrote:
              > > Does anyone know what the track listing is gonna be yet? I'm dying to
              > > find out! Their mix of Bodyrock better be on it!
              >

              >This was posted before.. but here it is again:
              >
              >'REMIX & ADDITIONAL PRODUCTION BY'
              >TRACK LISTING
              >
              >CD1
              >
              >Energy 52 ­ 'Café del Mar'
              >ST ETIENNE ­ 'Boy Is Crying'
              >MOBY ­ 'Body Rock'
              >F.S.O.L. ­ 'Papua New Guinea'
              >BT ­ 'Never Gonna Come Back Down'
              >JEAN MICHEL JARRE ­ 'Cest La Vie'
              >
              >CD2
              >
              >JEFF WAYNE ­'War Of The Worlds'
              >DJ RAP ­'Bad Girl'
              >FILTER ­ 'Take A Picture'
              >COURYELLA ­ 'Walhalla'
              >ANDREAS JOHNSON ­ 'Glorious'

              ALANIS MORRISETTE - So Pure :)

              Well it is on the promo CD I had shoved in my hand the other week. It
              sounds amazing too. I will probably still buy the official CD when it comes
              out mind, even if that track is not on it. Main reasons being (A) to
              support Hybrid and Distinctive (Hey I'm not that cheap hehe) and (B) I
              noticed there are some problems with audio levels on some of the tracks. I
              can only assume that these were just dumped straight from the DAT's and are
              not the properly compiled master glass for the official pressing. It came
              on 2 CDR's so that tells you a lot despite the printed labels on the two
              CDR's it came on.

              St. Ettiene and Andreas Johnson are LOUD. Peaking to the point of
              distortion. So Pure was a little quiet too so I have to pump the volume up
              a touch on that one (Which isn't a bad thing mind) :)

              Anyone know anything about Hybrid playing at the dome on new years? I'd
              love to go but 60 quid to get in is a bit steep.
            • David Nichols
              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
                > >'REMIX & ADDITIONAL PRODUCTION BY'
                > >TRACK LISTING
                > >
                > >CD1
                > >
                > >Energy 52 ­ 'Café del Mar'
                > >ST ETIENNE ­ 'Boy Is Crying'
                > >MOBY ­ 'Body Rock'
                > >F.S.O.L. ­ 'Papua New Guinea'
                > >BT ­ 'Never Gonna Come Back Down'
                > >JEAN MICHEL JARRE ­ 'Cest La Vie'
                > >
                > >CD2
                > >
                > >JEFF WAYNE ­'War Of The Worlds'
                > >DJ RAP ­'Bad Girl'
                > >FILTER ­ 'Take A Picture'
                > >COURYELLA ­ 'Walhalla'
                > >ANDREAS JOHNSON ­ 'Glorious'
                >
                > ALANIS MORRISETTE - So Pure :)
                >

                > Well it is on the promo CD I had shoved in my hand the other week.
                It

                Arfie, see what I mean... Distinct'ive are more prepared than you
                think. Are you and anyone else now willing to push the case with
                Maverick ? ;)

                Cheers
                David
              • Matthew Craig
                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
                  > > >'REMIX & ADDITIONAL PRODUCTION BY'
                  > > >TRACK LISTING
                  > > >
                  > > >CD1
                  > > >
                  > > >Energy 52 ­ 'Café del Mar'
                  > > >ST ETIENNE ­ 'Boy Is Crying'
                  > > >MOBY ­ 'Body Rock'
                  > > >F.S.O.L. ­ 'Papua New Guinea'
                  > > >BT ­ 'Never Gonna Come Back Down'
                  > > >JEAN MICHEL JARRE ­ 'Cest La Vie'
                  > > >
                  > > >CD2
                  > > >
                  > > >JEFF WAYNE ­'War Of The Worlds'
                  > > >DJ RAP ­'Bad Girl'
                  > > >FILTER ­ 'Take A Picture'
                  > > >COURYELLA ­ 'Walhalla'
                  > > >ANDREAS JOHNSON ­ 'Glorious'

                  Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the album will feature,
                  *every* Hybrid mix of each of these titles? I only ask because I
                  really, really want every single one ;)

                  --Matthew Craig (Flashpoint)
                • Oddball
                  Message 8 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
                    At 15:05 28/12/2000 +0000, you wrote:
                    > Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the album will feature,
                    >*every* Hybrid mix of each of these titles? I only ask because I
                    >really, really want every single one ;)
                    >
                    >--Matthew Craig (Flashpoint)

                    In a word. No.
                  • Matthew Craig
                    Message 9 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
                      > > Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the album will
                      feature,
                      > >*every* Hybrid mix of each of these titles? I only ask because I
                      > >really, really want every single one ;)
                      > >
                      > >--Matthew Craig (Flashpoint)
                      >
                      > In a word. No.

                      Bummer, well in that case can anyone tell me exactly which of the
                      mixes of 'Boy is Crying' and 'Walhalla' are included?

                      --Flashpoint (Matthew Craig)
                    • Andrew J. Cowell
                      Message 10 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
                        So there really is only the FSOL remix that would be considered rare, no? I
                        have the rest and they seem pretty easy to get hold of.

                      • Andrew J. Cowell
                        Message 11 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
                          Probably the Vocal of BIC, I would think. And there were two mixes of
                          Walhalla wasn't there? One on the CD and one on the 12". I seem to remember
                          another on the promo but I can't find my copy. I just hope they don't go and
                          sequence the thing, just give us the tracks.

                        • Devon Henderson
                          Message 12 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
                            Well the DJ Rap track isn't out on CD anywhere, AFAIK. So people without vinyl capabilities might consider it to be rare..

                            - dev0n
                            - www.dev0n.com/hybrid/

                          • Andrew J. Cowell
                            Message 13 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
                              Good point, I forgot that some were not released on CD. I guess until we
                              have the listing with the actual mix names we won't know which are rare.

                            • Davin Greenwell
                              Message 14 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
                                The double pack of Walhalla had an Armin Van Buuren breaks mix, an
                                Echoplex mix, a Matrix dub, a "Vocal Original" and this horrible ambient
                                bit with some really disgusting woman speaking about the wonders of
                                Walhalla. heh heh!

                                On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Andrew J. Cowell wrote:

                                > Probably the Vocal of BIC, I would think. And there were two mixes of
                                > Walhalla wasn't there? One on the CD and one on the 12". I seem to remember
                                > another on the promo but I can't find my copy. I just hope they don't go and
                                > sequence the thing, just give us the tracks.

                              • Ally Shuttleworth
                                Message 15 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
                                  Arfie - no need to be rude.

                                  > >Does anyone know what the track listing is gonna be yet? I'm dying to
                                  > >find out!
                                  >
                                  > Grrr.... I already posted it to the list - look in the archives.
                                  >
                                  > eGroups Sponsor

                                  > USEFUL LINKS
                                  >
                                  > Distinctive Records - Hybrid's record label - featuring video clips, sound
                                  and you can buy some Hybrid tunes here!
                                  > http://www.distinctiverecords.com
                                  >
                                  > Hybrid Fan Site : Find out the latest news about Hybrid and related
                                  artists

                                  > Breaksworld : Breakbeat news, reviews, tunes, DJ mixes, charts and loads
                                  more.
                                  > http://www.breaksworld.com/

                                • Vince Hart
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
                                    Re: "Silence" (Tekara Rmx)

                                    > He may have tweaked with it but there were 2
                                    > different releases of the
                                    > Tekara mix, one of them shorter than the other.
                                    > Matt Darey (aka Tekara)
                                    > did an excellent job with the tune and the breaks
                                    > that he used are
                                    > certainly compatible with most of Hybrids -- try
                                    > mixing the Echoplex mix
                                    > of Finished Symphony with the Tekara mix of The
                                    > Silence. Blissful
                                    > massive.

                                    Better yet, Mix Hybrid's "Altitude" into the Tekara
                                    Mix of "The Silence," and your mouth will be left
                                    gaping wide open @ the seamless beauty.

                                    VinceH.

                                    http://photos.yahoo.com/
                                  • Davin Greenwell
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
                                      On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Vince Hart wrote:

                                      > Better yet, Mix Hybrid's "Altitude" into the Tekara
                                      > Mix of "The Silence," and your mouth will be left
                                      > gaping wide open @ the seamless beauty.

                                      All hail Matt Darey's lead-ins and Hybrid's lead-outs!

                                      hehe
                                      I'll try that one Vince!

                                      take care
                                      davin
                                      --
                                      (dj) arizona
                                      davin greenwell
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
                                        Report back, while you're @ it ;) I'd like to see
                                        your response.

                                        VinceH.

                                        --- Davin Greenwell <wk805@...> wrote:
                                        > On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Vince Hart wrote:
                                        >
                                        > > Better yet, Mix Hybrid's "Altitude" into the
                                        > Tekara
                                        > > Mix of "The Silence," and your mouth will be left
                                        > > gaping wide open @ the seamless beauty.
                                        >
                                        > All hail Matt Darey's lead-ins and Hybrid's
                                        > lead-outs!
                                        >
                                        > hehe
                                        > I'll try that one Vince!
                                        >
                                        > take care
                                        > davin
                                        > --
                                        > (dj) arizona
                                        > davin greenwell
                                        > Extreme 107.3 FM
                                        > rave.victoria.bc.ca staff
                                        > rassFX satellite web demon
                                        > email: wk805@...
                                        > web: http://arizona.rave.victoria.bc.ca
                                        > ICQ: 11230795

                                        http://photos.yahoo.com/
                                      • Davin Greenwell
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Dec 28, 2000
                                          Will do :)

                                          On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Vince Hart wrote:

                                          > Report back, while you're @ it ;) I'd like to see
                                          > your response.
                                          >
                                          > VinceH.
                                          >
                                          > --- Davin Greenwell <wk805@...> wrote:
                                          > > On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Vince Hart wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > > Better yet, Mix Hybrid's "Altitude" into the
                                          > > Tekara
                                          > > > Mix of "The Silence," and your mouth will be left
                                          > > > gaping wide open @ the seamless beauty.
                                          > >
                                          > > All hail Matt Darey's lead-ins and Hybrid's
                                          > > lead-outs!
                                          > >
                                          > > hehe
                                          > > I'll try that one Vince!
                                          > >
                                          > > take care
                                          > > davin
                                          > > --
                                          > > (dj) arizona
                                          > > davin greenwell
                                          > > Extreme 107.3 FM
                                          > > rave.victoria.bc.ca staff
                                          > > rassFX satellite web demon
                                          > > email: wk805@...
                                          > > web: http://arizona.rave.victoria.bc.ca
                                          > > ICQ: 11230795

                                          > http://photos.yahoo.com/

                                          > USEFUL LINKS
                                          >
                                          > Distinctive Records - Hybrid's record label - featuring video clips, sound and you can buy some Hybrid tunes here!
                                          > http://www.distinctiverecords.com
                                          >
                                          > Hybrid Fan Site : Find out the latest news about Hybrid and related artists
                                          >
                                          > Breaksworld : Breakbeat news, reviews, tunes, DJ mixes, charts and loads more.
                                          > http://www.breaksworld.com/

                                        • Oddball
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Dec 29, 2000
                                            At 12:31 28/12/2000 -0500, you wrote:
                                            >So there really is only the FSOL remix that would be considered rare, no? I
                                            >have the rest and they seem pretty easy to get hold of.

                                            Well if you mean the actual CD's/Vinyl then I'd agree. But if you mean you
                                            have most in MP3 form then get your butt down the shop and lay out some
                                            cash to support the Hybrid guys. It wasn't until I actually met them that I
                                            realised how underfunded they actually are. Poor Lee. Well I won't go into
                                            that but...these guys need some funding! :)
                                          • Andrew J Cowell
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Dec 29, 2000
                                              No I meant that I had the originals, not mp3. I wouldn't even know how to go
                                              about getting them now that napster and scour have died.

                                            • Arfie Mansfield
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Dec 29, 2000
                                                >Arfie - no need to be rude.

                                                Oh but there is. There always is.
                                              • Arfie Mansfield
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Dec 29, 2000
                                                  >Matt Darey (aka Tekara) did an excellent job with the tune and the
                                                  >breaks that he used are certainly compatible with most of Hybrids --
                                                  >try mixing the Echoplex mix of Finished Symphony with the Tekara mix of
                                                  >The Silence. Blissful massive.

                                                  Erm... I don't see how the breaks being compatible with Hybrid's
                                                  has anything to do with the Echoplex mix if FS - all their Echoplex
                                                  mixes are 4/4!
                                                • Stuart Bruce
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Dec 29, 2000
                                                    On Fri 29 Dec, Arfie Mansfield wrote:
                                                    > > Matt Darey (aka Tekara) did an excellent job with the tune and the
                                                    > > breaks that he used are certainly compatible with most of Hybrids --
                                                    > > try mixing the Echoplex mix of Finished Symphony with the Tekara mix
                                                    > > of The Silence. Blissful massive.
                                                    >
                                                    > Erm... I don't see how the breaks being compatible with Hybrid's
                                                    > has anything to do with the Echoplex mix if FS - all their Echoplex
                                                    > mixes are 4/4!

                                                    Very narrow way of looking at things... 4/4 and breaks are compatible if
                                                    you make the effort... The challenge is to mix in something that's 12/8.

                                                    Had another listen to Matt Darey's remix of "Voices" by Dario G the
                                                    other day, despite the concept it's a great piece of breaks music.

                                                    Stuart.

                                                    --
                                                    Stuart Bruce
                                                    stuart@...
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Dec 29, 2000
                                                      On Fri 29 Dec, Arfie Mansfield wrote:
                                                      > > Arfie - no need to be rude.
                                                      >
                                                      > Oh but there is. There always is.

                                                      PUT IT AWAY! AND NEVER LET ME SEE YOU FLASH THAT IN PUBLIC AGAIN!

                                                      I was talking to Ally List Moderator Ma'am about this tonight actually.
                                                      In person. Actually live. Face to face, really, without using keyboards.
                                                      Does that mean we've broken the eGroups taboo?! But anyway, my opinion
                                                      about this, and recent other incidences of aggressive or over-emotional
                                                      statement on the Hybrid list, goes as follows:

                                                      a) Some people should pay more attention before asking questions which
                                                      have just been answered a short time previously

                                                      b) Nobody should get cross or be rude in the face of posts like that,
                                                      which, no matter how naive or misguided, are about an interest in
                                                      Hybrid. Being rude is inappropriate.

                                                      c) Even the trees were a bad move, and mankind should never have left
                                                      the oceans

                                                      d) Remind me never to try to write e-mail immediately after I've been to
                                                      a club.

                                                      Stuart.

                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Dec 30, 2000
                                                        On Sat 30 Dec, Arfie Mansfield wrote:
                                                        > > > Erm... I don't see how the breaks being compatible with Hybrid's
                                                        > > > has anything to do with the Echoplex mix if FS - all their
                                                        > > > Echoplex mixes are 4/4!
                                                        > >
                                                        > > Very narrow way of looking at things...
                                                        >
                                                        > No it isn't - I'm just pointing out that the two facts have
                                                        > nothing to do with each other.

                                                        Ahhh. I was just using the 'wrong' definition of breaks, thinking that
                                                        the original comment was to do with the structure of each track (the
                                                        builds, the break(down)s, etc.) fitting together like a jigsaw. Rather
                                                        than reading it as actual break_beats_.

                                                        And I was confused since to me and most people who read music "4/4"
                                                        means four crotchets in a bar (I believe), which is true of (I think)
                                                        all Hybrid music.

                                                        > > 4/4 and breaks are compatible if you make the effort...
                                                        >
                                                        > I know that, and you'd know that I do if you make the effort to
                                                        > read what I'm saying properly. :P

                                                        Hey, just because some people use shorthand terms that are musically
                                                        either vague or wrong... ;-)

                                                        I misunderstood the first two posts of the thread. So forget I said
                                                        anything.

                                                        Stuart.

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Dec 30, 2000
                                                          >Ahhh. I was just using the 'wrong' definition of breaks, thinking that
                                                          >the original comment was to do with the structure of each track (the
                                                          >builds, the break(down)s, etc.) fitting together like a jigsaw. Rather
                                                          >than reading it as actual break_beats_.

                                                          That's okay - I forgive you. ;)

                                                          >And I was confused since to me and most people who read music "4/4"
                                                          >means four crotchets in a bar (I believe),

                                                          Indeed, and it confused the fuck out of me the first time I
                                                          heard it used in the non-breaks context. Basically, it means 'not
                                                          breaks', no matter what the time signature.

                                                          >which is true of (I think) all Hybrid music.

                                                          I can't think of any that aren't ATM, so I'm pretty sure you're
                                                          right. Anyone heard of 'three-step garage', BTW? That's Waltzing time
                                                          signature!!!

                                                          >>> 4/4 and breaks are compatible if you make the effort...
                                                          >>
                                                          >> I know that, and you'd know that I do if you make the effort to
                                                          >>read what I'm saying properly. :P
                                                          >
                                                          >Hey, just because some people use shorthand terms that are musically
                                                          >either vague or wrong... ;-)

                                                          Hoi! It's neither vague nor wrong - it's just a different used
                                                          of '4/4' than the traditional one.

                                                          >I misunderstood the first two posts of the thread. So forget I said
                                                          >anything.

                                                          With pleasure... ;)
                                                        • Daniel Craig
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Jan 1, 2001
                                                            Nah Dude, your not getting old... that just means you have
                                                            taste. Marshall Mathers, IMO, is a little pussy white-boy wannabe with a
                                                            twelve year olds voice who so desperately wants to be black that he's
                                                            willing to jabber on like the uneducated decadence of the United
                                                            States(this is not a racial thing, just how it works out sometimes,)
                                                            plus he tries to make himself feel big by talking down all kinds of other
                                                            peoples work when he himself has no talent to show either.

                                                            DC