Re: [HybridUK] whoa...

  • Stuart Bruce
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2000
      On Tue 04 Apr, Matthew Craig wrote:
      > Yeah the song is off a compilation called Old School Vs. New School.
      > Basically a bunch of electronic artists' take on (mostly) older Rap
      > and Hip-Hop songs. Its been out for quite a while here in the states,
      > I never was really interested until I found out hybrid was on it.. I
      > might actually pick it up now.

      Slightly off-topic this, but at one point I thought this compilation
      contained a Utah Saints remix, but apparently it doesn't (so I'm told,
      anyway). _But_, there's going to be a new similar-ish compilation out in
      a month or so, which _will_ have a Utah Saints remix on, apparently.

      In the meantime I've just added the Godspeed remixes and "Altitude" from
      that Future Music CD to my Hybrid CD collection... slowly catching
      up?!...

      Stuart.

      --
      Stuart Bruce
      stuart@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2000
        On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Gen Kanai wrote:

        > er...so I'm trying out Gnutella today (it's the open source take-off of
        > Napster where each client is also a server, completely distributed model,
        > latest version is 0.56) and I found a Hybrid Remix of DJ Jazzy Jeff and the
        > Fresh Prince's "Summertime." Where the hell did that come from? I almost
        > didn't believe it but it does sound like them.

        Yeah. And it was one of the first remixes they ever did too, it's from a
        few years ago. It's currently available on that Old School vs. New School
        remix album along with a bunch of other neat ass projects. I got my copy
        at a Chris Sheppard concert. He was throwing out promo CD's and it was on
        them.. massive! hehehehehe

        ok hope this helps!
        --
        (dj) arizona