[HybridUK] whoa...

  • Gen Kanai
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3 12:42 PM
      er...so I'm trying out Gnutella today (it's the open source take-off of
      Napster where each client is also a server, completely distributed model,
      latest version is 0.56) and I found a Hybrid Remix of DJ Jazzy Jeff and the
      Fresh Prince's "Summertime." Where the hell did that come from? I almost
      didn't believe it but it does sound like them.
    • Matthew Craig
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3 4:43 PM
        Yeah the song is off a compilation called Old School Vs. New School.
        Basically a bunch of electronic artists' take on (mostly) older Rap
        and Hip-Hop songs. Its been out for quite a while here in the
        states, I never was really interested until I found out hybrid was on
        it.. I might actually pick it up now.

        --Matthew Craig (Flashpoint)
        mcraig@...
      • Stuart Bruce
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4 1:42 AM
          On Tue 04 Apr, Matthew Craig wrote:
          > Yeah the song is off a compilation called Old School Vs. New School.
          > Basically a bunch of electronic artists' take on (mostly) older Rap
          > and Hip-Hop songs. Its been out for quite a while here in the states,
          > I never was really interested until I found out hybrid was on it.. I
          > might actually pick it up now.

          Slightly off-topic this, but at one point I thought this compilation
          contained a Utah Saints remix, but apparently it doesn't (so I'm told,
          anyway). _But_, there's going to be a new similar-ish compilation out in
          a month or so, which _will_ have a Utah Saints remix on, apparently.

          In the meantime I've just added the Godspeed remixes and "Altitude" from
          that Future Music CD to my Hybrid CD collection... slowly catching
          up?!...

          Stuart.

          --
          Stuart Bruce
          stuart@...
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4 7:54 PM
            On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Gen Kanai wrote:

            > er...so I'm trying out Gnutella today (it's the open source take-off of
            > Napster where each client is also a server, completely distributed model,
            > latest version is 0.56) and I found a Hybrid Remix of DJ Jazzy Jeff and the
            > Fresh Prince's "Summertime." Where the hell did that come from? I almost
            > didn't believe it but it does sound like them.

            Yeah. And it was one of the first remixes they ever did too, it's from a
            few years ago. It's currently available on that Old School vs. New School
            remix album along with a bunch of other neat ass projects. I got my copy
            at a Chris Sheppard concert. He was throwing out promo CD's and it was on
            them.. massive! hehehehehe

            ok hope this helps!
            --
            (dj) arizona