Re: [Hybrid] Ultra rare Alanis Morisette - So Pure (Hybrid Mix)

  • Phil Stewart
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
      On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, twiceblessedman wrote:
      > > I think its a bit rough promoting bootlegs for sale
      > > on an hybrid fans email
      > > list.
      >
      > Why is it rough at all. Most everyone on this list
      > owns this in some format or another. It is what it is,
      > a bootleg, created by Hybrid to be appreciated by all
      > who can attain a copy.

      The bootleg in question is the Alanis / FSOL / Intensify bootleg that did
      the rounds a year or two back (if this is the same auction as the one I
      came across the other day, which I'm guessing it is). The Papua New Guinea
      mix is now released, as are the two fragrances of Intensify on the
      flipside. The *only* thing you could possibly want it for is the So Pure
      mix, but I can tell you now that you might as well save your money - this
      bootleg ranged from bad to dire in audio quality. In that, and pretty much
      every other sense, this bootleg really is rough. Yes, I own a copy, but
      I've since bought copies of everything else that's on it too.

      Anyone with a hankering for the So Pure remix should get RAAPB on vinyl -
      I reckon I prefer the instrumental anyway :-)

      --
      From Phil
    • Alan Duval <propellerheadcase@hotmail.co
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
        I'd agree if the track in question was available for genuine
        purchase, but it's not, and is unlikely to ever be.

      • simon@digitalartists.co.uk
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 12, 2003
          Sorry about the slight delay in reply but i have been away for a week and now
          have over 250 hybrid messages to scan through.

          good clear copies of this tune are one thing.. i would give my right arm for a
          good qulity copy of this on vinyl.

          The reason i objected to the last one is becuase someone was selling a copy
          which also has a bootleg copy of FSOL - hybrid mix.. which you can buy no
          problmes over the counter.

          bootlegs of a tune that will never be released is one thing, but doing it and
          bolting on tunes which are avliable in the shops if just rough... and it takes
          money from the artists pockets...

          Well thats my thoughts.

          cheers

          simon