Hybrid CD singles

  • Aamir Qazi
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2000
      In my ongoing quest to overspend money on music, I've
      discovered a couple of Hybrid CD singles at CDNow.com.
      One is "If I Survive" and the other is "Finished
      Symphony." Both can be purchased from the Distinctive
      Records website, so what's the big deal, right?

      Well, the CD singles at CD Now are the Australian CD
      singles, and they have a few more mixes than the UK
      singles. Here is the track listing for the "If I
      Survive" CD:

      1. Radio Edit
      2. Way Out West Mix
      3. Original Mix
      4. Hybrid Echoplex Remix
      5. Interference

      Most notable is the Echoplex Remix, which is not on
      the UK single. The track listing for the "Finished
      Symphony" CD is:

      1. Original Radio Edit
      2. Hybrid Echoplex Mix Radio
      3. Album Version
      4. Hybrid Soundtrack Edit
      5. Hybrid Echoplex Remix
      6. Hybrid Soundtrack Mix

      The UK single has only the Radio Edit version of the
      Echoplex remix, whereas the Australian version
      apparently has the full-length version. There are
      also the Soundtrack mixes, which I have never heard of
      until now.

      If you haven't heard the Echoplex remixes of either
      track, you can check 'em out by listening to Hybrid's
      Ministry Of Sound DJ set.

      Aamir

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Stuart Bruce
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2000
        On Thu 30 Mar, Aamir Qazi wrote:
        > Well, the CD singles at CD Now are the Australian CD singles, and they
        > have a few more mixes than the UK singles.

        Since I have an inherent dislike of CDNow, I just thought I'd ask if
        there's anybody on this list (Australian or otherwise) who would be
        able to get me copies of both the Australian discs mentioned, either for
        cash (US$ or UKP) or for a trade for UK CD singles. Just hoping...

        Stuart.

        --
        Stuart Bruce
        stuart@...