Re: Experiment IV and the poll

  • Matthew Craig
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 29, 2000
      I agree, Experiment IV should have been included in the running.
      I don't know if I would have listed it as my favorite, but it would
      be in the running. Burnin' is another song I might have chosen had
      it been an option.

      I think its strange how polarize people are on the song. I'm not
      really bombarded by "Dance" tunes here in the US so I might not have
      the same perspective as some of you. I think its very well-sung with
      excellent production. The lyrics seemed a little silly at first but
      you get used to them quickly. Any thoughts on Experiment IV from
      others?

      --Matthew Craig (Flashpoint)
      mcraig@...
    • Davin Greenwell
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 29, 2000
        On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Stuart Bruce wrote:

        > I still say it's a shame that "Experiment IV", the track off that promo
        > I found, never got a commercial release, and as a result very few of you
        > have heard it. I still say it's a great Hybrid track and should at least
        > have been included in the poll... not that it would necessarily have got
        > my vote, but it might have done. So there.

        I've got the same sort of experience here. I do have Experiment IV as
        well and it's quite good but not long enough!! one of the catchiest songs
        I have heard in the last while though for sure.

        I on the other hand have the Altitude/Kill City promo on vinyl, and man
        is that a good 45 rpm record. Hasn't left my record bag since I got it..

        The Red Square Reprise of Altitude on Wide Angle makes a lot more sense
        when you know the original really well. hehe.

        ok bye!
        --
        (dj) arizona
        davin greenwell
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 11, 2001
          For more information about the discovery of "Experiment IV", I refer the
          jury to the following messages in the archive at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hybriduk/ :

          message numbers: 91; 92; 95; 110; 119; 121; 122; 123.

          More than a year after the original debate, I still stand by the fact
          that I like the track...

          Stuart.

          --
          Stuart Bruce
          stuart@...
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 13, 2002
            I know that this topic was done & dusted a long time ago, but I've just noticed
            that the MP3 is available via www.progressive-sounds.com on a FTP link, used
            here:

            ftp://anon:anon@64.65.219.196/Hybrid-%20Experiment%20IV.mp3

            I've been listening to it, and it sounds really good to me.

            Later,
            Jits.
          • d66n
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 16, 2002
              Jits

              Gotta agree - it's one of my 'most listened to' at the moment. Found
              it at Audiogalaxy. Wish I could get an original cut of it on CD.

              > I've been listening to it, and it sounds really good to me.

              On the other main subject of the moment, it makes me feel sick to
              here that both BT & Hybrid's kit has been stolen. Best wishes to
              them, hoping that it doesn't get them down too much.

              Cheers
              DavidN
            • Gavin
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 18, 2002
                My MP3 stash has a 12 inch mix and normal version of Experiment IV if
                it helps....

                Gavin Stok

                http://hybridmusic.org.uk/

                http://uk.my.yahoo.com