Experiment IV

  • Stuart Bruce
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 28, 2000
      I've just voted in this poll. I don't expect my choice will get many
      other votes, but that's personal preference...

      I still say it's a shame that "Experiment IV", the track off that promo
      I found, never got a commercial release, and as a result very few of you
      have heard it. I still say it's a great Hybrid track and should at least
      have been included in the poll... not that it would necessarily have got
      my vote, but it might have done. So there.

      Nice to see Ally back and posting so much. :-)

      Stuart.

      --
      Stuart Bruce
      stuart@...
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 29, 2000
        I agree, Experiment IV should have been included in the running.
        I don't know if I would have listed it as my favorite, but it would
        be in the running. Burnin' is another song I might have chosen had
        it been an option.

        I think its strange how polarize people are on the song. I'm not
        really bombarded by "Dance" tunes here in the US so I might not have
        the same perspective as some of you. I think its very well-sung with
        excellent production. The lyrics seemed a little silly at first but
        you get used to them quickly. Any thoughts on Experiment IV from
        others?

        --Matthew Craig (Flashpoint)
        mcraig@...
      • Davin Greenwell
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 29, 2000
          On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Stuart Bruce wrote:

          > I still say it's a shame that "Experiment IV", the track off that promo
          > I found, never got a commercial release, and as a result very few of you
          > have heard it. I still say it's a great Hybrid track and should at least
          > have been included in the poll... not that it would necessarily have got
          > my vote, but it might have done. So there.

          I've got the same sort of experience here. I do have Experiment IV as
          well and it's quite good but not long enough!! one of the catchiest songs
          I have heard in the last while though for sure.

          I on the other hand have the Altitude/Kill City promo on vinyl, and man
          is that a good 45 rpm record. Hasn't left my record bag since I got it..

          The Red Square Reprise of Altitude on Wide Angle makes a lot more sense
          when you know the original really well. hehe.

          ok bye!
          --
          (dj) arizona
          davin greenwell
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 11, 2001
            For more information about the discovery of "Experiment IV", I refer the
            jury to the following messages in the archive at
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hybriduk/ :

            message numbers: 91; 92; 95; 110; 119; 121; 122; 123.

            More than a year after the original debate, I still stand by the fact
            that I like the track...

            Stuart.

            --
            Stuart Bruce
            stuart@...
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 13, 2002
              I know that this topic was done & dusted a long time ago, but I've just noticed
              that the MP3 is available via www.progressive-sounds.com on a FTP link, used
              here:

              ftp://anon:anon@64.65.219.196/Hybrid-%20Experiment%20IV.mp3

              I've been listening to it, and it sounds really good to me.

              Later,
              Jits.
            • d66n
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 16, 2002
                Jits

                Gotta agree - it's one of my 'most listened to' at the moment. Found
                it at Audiogalaxy. Wish I could get an original cut of it on CD.

                > I've been listening to it, and it sounds really good to me.

                On the other main subject of the moment, it makes me feel sick to
                here that both BT & Hybrid's kit has been stolen. Best wishes to
                them, hoping that it doesn't get them down too much.

                Cheers
                DavidN
              • Gavin
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 18, 2002
                  My MP3 stash has a 12 inch mix and normal version of Experiment IV if
                  it helps....

                  Gavin Stok

                  http://hybridmusic.org.uk/

                  http://uk.my.yahoo.com