Re: [Hybrid] OT: James Zabiela

  • Anders Teigar Jacobsen
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 2, 2003
      demi plays proper house music.....

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Sapna Modi" <smodi@...>

      > Yeah i'll watch out for him, what type of music does Demi play then?
      >

      > > and Deeper Substance is a wicked night indeed. (now with a new venue and
      > > late-licence) Dont just go to hear JZ, Demi is the don too....

    • Nick Bower
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 3, 2003
        >demi plays proper house music.....

        ...and he did on Saturday night at Deeper Substance in London. Did
        anyone else make it along to this? I have to say though that although
        Demi was good...the guy I really went there to see, James Zabiela,
        floored all competition. Wonderful mix of prog and breaks and I think
        James' scracthing has got even better since I heard him last. A
        throughly enjoyable night...especially when he started cutting his set
        up with old skool breaks. Unsure what happened at 4am though, as with an
        hour to go the sound cut dramatically...was left wondering if this was a
        limit on the sound (due to the time/place being in a residential area) -
        or, had James Z blown the amp!??

        :D

        Next month looks a nice line up too - March 1st 2003, Paulo Mojo and
        Pole Folder. Wicked.

        Nick
      • Sapna Modi
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 3, 2003
          Sounds like it went off.. I was going to go but literally about a minute
          before leaving we changed our minds and ended up going to a house party
          instead which too was pretty good and met some sound breaks fans.

          I will one day though....